Thread: ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All (Decent Internet Connection Recommended).
Official Thread
I hope they throw a few solo challenges against AI into the Colosseum update. The min/maxing involved in these games would make for some frustrating PvP.

• Brain
Reactions: Kadayi and Concern
I hope they throw a few solo challenges against AI into the Colosseum update. The min/maxing involved in these games would make for some frustrating PvP.

I had fun with pvp. I'd like to see some bosses in the coliseum added to the mix.

• Brain
Reactions: Kadayi
PVP isn't for me, but something tells me if they're adding in content as a free update, basically throwaway, the DLC is going to be something special.

I also hope the Colosseum update comes with patch notes to balance some things that still need it, like a buff for bows.

• Brain
Reactions: Kadayi

TGA Player Voice voting seems borked. I tried voting ER but it wouldn't let me, had to vote for something else, then change my vote afterward to be able to pick ER.

Also given the sheer volume of sales, coupled with the reception the idea that it should be languishing in 4th place does make you wonder. :unsure:

aA5aJha.png

TGA Player Voice voting seems borked. I tried voting ER but it wouldn't let me, had to vote for something else, then change my vote afterward to be able to pick ER.

Also given the sheer volume of sales, coupled with the reception the idea that it should be languishing in 4th place does make you wonder. :unsure:

aA5aJha.png
lol Chinese bots by any chance

PVP isn't for me, but something tells me if they're adding in content as a free update, basically throwaway, the DLC is going to be something special.

I also hope the Colosseum update comes with patch notes to balance some things that still need it, like a buff for bows.

I'd agree if Elden Ring hadn't sold gangbusters. Think it will be decent to raise the games profile again before the expansion (and also to remind everyone its GOTY material).

• Brain
Reactions: Kadayi and Soodanim
So, bought it on Christmas day, and have been playing a bit since.
And what can I say, it's really very well polished and fun.

Had a bit of the "initial Souls stumbling around and getting killed"-phase, where you really are a bit overwhelmed by all that stuff happening.

But now I am at a comfortable 23th level, having my shit together and it's starting to be really fun.

So, bought it on Christmas day, and have been playing a bit since.
And what can I say, it's really very well polished and fun.

Had a bit of the "initial Souls stumbling around and getting killed"-phase, where you really are a bit overwhelmed by all that stuff happening.

But now I am at a comfortable 23th level, having my shit together and it's starting to be really fun.

Enjoy the journey ahead. Remember to always take a big hammer into the mines. Trust me.

Every time I decide to start a new character with a new idea, I get annoyed at the 10 save limit. If you're going to have limits, at least let them be 50. 10 is bollocks for a game with so much variety. At this point the number of saves I've deleted far outnumber the 10 I have.

Was an enlightening moment when I remembered I should use the Morning Star on the mine workers and not my sword, I can tell you...

Me playing Demon's was such a long time ago, I forgot everything, it seems.
I used the MS for a big chunk of my first character, and it served me VERY well. If/when you come across the "Wild Swings" Ash of War, I recommend it.

Speaking of which, the way modifying weapons works is different in this one. You upgrade as normal, but everything else is freely swappable with no loss. Feel free to experiement as much as you like.
Also, Cracked Pots automatically regen, and each one you find/buy increases your limit. Certain craftables are very good, and nearly all have some utility. Don't overlook that feature.

Reactions: Stifler's Mom
ER was the obvious GOTY, but the sheer numbers of "awards" shows how arbitrary it all is. The more "outlets" that get counted, the less value being awarded GOTY has. Review outlets aren't the most respected people of all time, but at least there's some semblance of professionalism and earned respect there. When some random no-name on Twitter gets a vote equal to a long running magazine like Edge or a known website, the whole thing is worthless.

Did the overall amount of GOTY awards stay the same or did it increase?

Give me a percentage of GOTY awards won from all outlets. Then weigh the outlets based on relevance.

I need more professionalism. This is serious business.

• Funny
Reactions: Soodanim and Kadayi
Wow. So is.... Souls now absolutely mainstream?
When ER released, my working colleagues knew about and wanted to buy it, but what surprised me was, that they didn't know this was a game from the same company that had created Dark Souls, which they also kind of knew about.

Just started this for the first time because I'm done waiting for RT. While I'll never forgive them for that scummy move...

This is one of those games that both holds up to the hype while surpassing expectations at the same time. It also runs fantastically on my PC even at 4K with max settings. It's honestly one of the smoothest running AAA games I've played in a while. Which surprised me because I swear I remember people complaining about performance.

Just started this for the first time because I'm done waiting for RT. While I'll never forgive them for that scummy move...

This is one of those games that both holds up to the hype while surpassing expectations at the same time. It also runs fantastically on my PC even at 4K with max settings. It's honestly one of the smoothest running AAA games I've played in a while. Which surprised me because I swear I remember people complaining about performance.

How far into it are you?

At the tree guardian or whatever it's called right in the first open area. Why?

EDIT: I feel like killing it and seeing if I can get it's weapon... But I don't know if I'm supposed to.

Just asking out of curiosity. And yeah you can kill him - but you're not supposed to do it yet. I did it, but I'm an idiot and just couldn't move on. The reward isn't worth it tbh.

• Brain
Reactions: VlaudTheImpaler
What's "the first open area"? Weeping island peninsula?
I haven't been able to play all day yet. The last place I got to was the area with the broken down church with a dude inside with a long necked lute who's trying to sell me stuff. That's the open area I was talking about. I mean, the area looks pretty open to me anyway. Huge beach WAY down below that I don't know if I can get to yet. But even from up here the ocean looks awesome. I was surprised the waves were actually the same fps as everything else from that far away. At least it looks that way. Most games have background animations at much lower fps.

Been having a great time with this. I beat Margitt or whatever his name was but then decided to go level up some more in other areas since those knights with the wind attacks were tough for me to take down. I don't think I was supposed to go into the castle that early tbh.

I've explored most of Limgrave, been through a few random ruins and fought some random bosses. Just finished up Morne Castle as a level 20 something. I'll think I'll go back to the other castle now and continue the main quest.

I'm using a Samurai. The internet says to keep upgrading my starter weapon so I've been doing that. Unsheathe is a really good skill to take down larger enemies/bosses. Any advice on if there's some good armor I should seek out or what to level up statwise?

Reactions: Soodanim