Thread: ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All (Decent Internet Connection Recommended).
Official Thread

Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Elden Ring have surpassed 20 million units, publisher Bandai Namco and developer FromSoftware announced.

The open-world action RPG was last reported to have shipped 16.6 million units as of June 30, 2022, meaning an additional 3.4 million units have been sold.

Hopped back in a few nights ago. Wandered around Luirna for a bit to remember how to play and check out a few spots on the map that looked interesting. Found some dead end with a ladder that led me up into a cave area. Went further along and found the Magma Wrym boss. Funny enough, after I beat him I ended up in the next area of the map (Atlus Plains). I really enjoy how sometimes you'll clear a boss and get thrown somewhere completely different on the map. There's got to be so many different ways you can end up somewhere in this game.

I messed around in the Atlus Plains for a bit but that huge ass tree was there, so my rational is maybe that's closer to the end of the game. I decided to transport back to Caelid (I think that's the name, too lazy to google) and continue my quest from there.

And speaking of being too lazy to Google, is there any use for sacred tears besides your flask? I've got a few extras sitting around but at this point I don't really need to boost my flasks as I have enough and they replenish enough. If there's some other use for them, maybe I can use them for that.

Reactions: Dr. Farnsgoth
So we're a few days away from the game being out for 12months. Has there been any concrete news about DLC?

Snuck into Redmane Castle the other night, went around the cliff to the side. I got there by a teleporter from a fort on the other side of Caelid. It was so eerie and unsettling the lack of enemies, I was expecting to get jumped but it never came. There were some of those huge lions patrolling the courtyard but I kept clear of them and made my way towards the site of grace. Then I backed out of there and explored Caelid some more. Went to the swamp, did a couple of caves and did general sight seeing. I think tonight I'll head back towards the castle but I'll approach it from the front this time and see what happens. As I said before, it's so awesome the different ways you can end up somewhere. When I replay through this in a couple years I'm sure my path will be radically different.

Snuck into Redmane Castle the other night, went around the cliff to the side. I got there by a teleporter from a fort on the other side of Caelid. It was so eerie and unsettling the lack of enemies, I was expecting to get jumped but it never came. There were some of those huge lions patrolling the courtyard but I kept clear of them and made my way towards the site of grace. Then I backed out of there and explored Caelid some more. Went to the swamp, did a couple of caves and did general sight seeing. I think tonight I'll head back towards the castle but I'll approach it from the front this time and see what happens. As I said before, it's so awesome the different ways you can end up somewhere. When I replay through this in a couple years I'm sure my path will be radically different.

The exploration in this game is so damn unique and special. My journey was really something, things to explore wherever you go.

Took out Radahn. First time I didn't even touch him because he sniped me as I tried to summon some NPCs. Next time I got him to around 1/4th health left. Third time I basically rode around, summoned everyone, kited him until all my summons caught up with him then I just wailed away on him. Went down pretty easy.

Anyway, while I was exploring I came across the Moonveil Katana which is apparently one of the better weapons in the game. Only problem was I had previously pumped all my levels into Strength/Vigor/Endurance and I didn't have enough Intelligence to use it. So I decided I'd actually go reset my stats with the help of that broad at the academy. I'm going to give dual wielding the moonveil + starter katana a shot and see how it goes. There's still a few things I have to do in Caelid (that swamp quest for Millicent or whatever her name is) then I think I'll head off to the next area. I got finished with this area a lot faster than anticipated. I was expecting a huge dungeon for Redmane castle instead of walking right up to the boss.

Reactions: Dr. Farnsgoth

I’ll just leave this here…

Elden-Ring-Expansion-Ann_02-28-23.jpg

How does Souls dlc work? I’m in NG+ and around lv220. Is my DLC going to be NG+ where I may be over leveled or does it allow me to scale and start the DLC at a level that makes sense?

How does Souls dlc work? I’m in NG+ and around lv220. Is my DLC going to be NG+ where I may be over leveled or does it allow me to scale and start the DLC at a level that makes sense?
Usually it's just something you find in the middle of the game and more suited for you replaying the game.

Reactions: Zefah and JORMBO
More Elden Ring can only be a good thing, though fuck me there's a hell of a lot of it already. Genuinely one of the greatest games ever made, a true fucking masterpiece. And holy fuck it's also the best-looking game despite not having the best tech. It's nuts really.

I put so much time into Elden Ring even on a second play through that I almost feel like I'm more excited to know the lore versus play the game as there's no way any DLC could add that much more meat on the bone for a game stuffed to the brim as is.

As much as I loved this game I don't know I have any more to give to it.

Reactions: regawdless
I put so much time into Elden Ring even on a second play through that I almost feel like I'm more excited to know the lore versus play the game as there's no way any DLC could add that much more meat on the bone for a game stuffed to the brim as is.

As much as I loved this game I don't know I have any more to give to it.

I loved most Souls like games by FROM, got really invested. But I always have very limited interest in the DLC. For me, these games work great as one experience, one big journey, this adventure full of mysteries. With me trying to be as smart as possible to have a good build to overcome the obstacles provided by the game, with the final boss being the last challenge. Once beaten, new areas and enemies that are being added later on don't have the same impact on me anymore. The stakes are gone, it's just a bunch of levels and bosses and then it's over again.

Which are often fun and well designed. But they feel different and lesser to me.

Sad, but expected. I think reflections and RTGI would be the better options, at least the ones with the biggest visual impacts.

Reflections in the game are bad. RT reflections on armor, weapons, surfaces and water would be great.

Screw the RT shadows. But RTAO could be good at least, enhancing a lot of interiors in particular. I'm not thrilled over all.

• Brain
Reactions: Zefah and Kreese
Progress update:

After beating Radahn, I did some more exploring in Caelid and cleared a few dungeons/caves. Then I headed off to the Atlus Plains and rode around trying to unlock the whole map before progressing. There were a few massive field enemies that were too powerful since I had just respec'd my character and lost a bunch of strength/vitality points so I could use the Moonveil (which is awesome, by the way). I decided I should try to level up a bit by going through more caves and what not to gain back some of the stats I had to reallocate. One thing I had previously ignored were the catacombs (don't know why, I'd hit the bonfire then go elsewhere). Down there I discovered the items you need to level up your summons, so I ran back to the earlier areas (Limgrave, Liurnia etc...) and just bulldozed my way through. While I was down there, I discovered some useful things I had missed along the way (namely crafting recipes). It usually takes me awhile to actually experiment in games like these, and I feel like I'm at a similar place to where I was in Breath Of The Wild, about 40 hours in or so I actually started trying to craft items and it just opened up so many possibilities. Since I'm full Samurai I have no real magic (aside from the Moonveil) but once I started to craft pots and grease for my weapons, I could go back to some of those Tree Guardians and take them out.

Went down to Nokron and fought that big deer. I died to him a couple of times, but on my third fight when he disappeared after the first phase it glitched and he didn't reappear, so he just died and I won by default. I guess I won't know how tough he really is until next playthrough. Checked out Volcano Manor and did some of the hit jobs, the last one looks like it's in the final area of the map which I don't have access to yet. Last night I finished up The Shaded Castle. I think I'm going to take a break here even though I kind of want to finish up the Atlus Plains. RE4 is coming out on Friday and I don't know if I'd be able to finish up that next major dungeon before then. I really don't want to start it and then stop halfway though, so I think I'll hit pause on the Elden Ring again (50 hours played now) and focus on RE4. By the time I finish RE4, I'll probably have a good month or so to finish up ER before jumping into Tears Of The Kingdom. Not a bad way to start the year.

Oh and @Black Chamber, I had originally perused the OT when you first posted but didn't fully digest it since I wasn't going to play it for awhile. I had time to take a look at it today and once again, fantastic job. You knocked it out of the park