Thread: Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun |OT| Space Marine 2.5D
Official Thread
Arrright, I got it all. All the secrets and Exterminatus difficulty finished.

So, my final review of the game. It is very very good. Definitely my favorite retro shooter.

The highest difficulty is totally fair as it only makes the enemies more plentiful, more aggressive and more deadly but doesn't turn them into bullet sponges, which is my favorite kind of difficulty.

Plasma gun with Machine Spirit is the best gun in the game no contest. The DPS is insane, ammo is plentiful and it does splash damage. The guns in this game are ok, nothing really special. My biggest gripe is that they come in pairs: bolter + heavy bolter, shotgun + melta, plasma + vengeance launcher, volkite caliver + grav gun so once you get the better of the two there is very little reason to use the first one with the exception of the plasma, which is a million times better than the vengeance launcher, or if you run out of ammo, which is pretty tough consider how much of it there is in the levels. Melee is pretty useless, even with assault doctrine boost.

I think the game gets better on 2nd playthrough as you know what to except for one and two you know your way around the levels and know all the visual queues that lead you towards the exit.

It took me in total 14 hours to beat the game on normal and then again on exterminatus while getting all the secrets.

Arrright, I got it all. All the secrets and Exterminatus difficulty finished.

So, my final review of the game. It is very very good. Definitely my favorite retro shooter.

The highest difficulty is totally fair as it only makes the enemies more plentiful, more aggressive and more deadly but doesn't turn them into bullet sponges, which is my favorite kind of difficulty.

Plasma gun with Machine Spirit is the best gun in the game no contest. The DPS is insane, ammo is plentiful and it does splash damage. The guns in this game are ok, nothing really special. My biggest gripe is that they come in pairs: bolter + heavy bolter, shotgun + melta, plasma + vengeance launcher, volkite caliver + grav gun so once you get the better of the two there is very little reason to use the first one with the exception of the plasma, which is a million times better than the vengeance launcher, or if you run out of ammo, which is pretty tough consider how much of it there is in the levels. Melee is pretty useless, even with assault doctrine boost.

I think the game gets better on 2nd playthrough as you know what to except for one and two you know your way around the levels and know all the visual queues that lead you towards the exit.

It took me in total 14 hours to beat the game on normal and then again on exterminatus while getting all the secrets.

On Hard, some of the battles were already challenging. Damn, son.

On Hard, some of the battles were already challenging. Damn, son.

All hard fights can be solved with:
1) Plasma gun with machine spirit
2) Vortex grenade
3) Quad damage powerup
And since you have the ability to be invincible you can literally just walk into bosses' faces and just unload a full mag of plasma into them. If it fails then just run around, kill adds to refresh the invincibility and do it again.

All hard fights can be solved with:
1) Plasma gun with machine spirit
2) Vortex grenade
3) Quad damage powerup
And since you have the ability to be invincible you can literally just walk into bosses' faces and just unload a full mag of plasma into them. If it fails then just run around, kill adds to refresh the invincibility and do it again.

That is a heresy list.

1 - Have faith in our beloved emperor
2 - purge the heretics
3 - repeat 1 and 2, because only in death does duty end

If any of you want some music to listen to during the game, there's always Bolt Thrower. They are a death metal band that was inspired from Warhammer and even included Warhammer artwork on their albums. They go way back.

7e15d4f5d5d2ca98f6a2bc7996a853af-01.jpg