Thread: Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Thread (Update: Reviews)
i played the closed beta...once you got past the horrible tutorial parts and into the story it was actually pretty fun and the dualsense controller was used pretty well
i dont really want to grind the map after the main story has finished so if its a good 10-15 hours main story ill be happy

Yeah I left the beta cautiously optimistic. The story is definitely weird though and I have big concerns about the mission structure just being the same old boring open world GAAS templates.

LOL. I love how he is sure to mention that he doesn't like the Harry Potter IP.
Maybe the absolute terror in this industry that they might offend certain groups is why companies play it so safe.
Preferring to focus on monetization options while being careful to make sure that nobody gets excluded.
It just leads to boring as fuck games with way too much going on.

A game like this should be a slam dunk for Rocksteady.

Keep the same character designs etc that were popular in the first games. To hell with ReetardEra and the like.
Keep the old Arkham gameplay but the twist this time is that you play as the bad guys and maybe offer up different playthroughs with different characters.
People pretty much loved the Arkham combat and gadgets and stealth etc, right?

There is just no way that this game should be shit. They already found the winning formula! Just make sure it runs on PC this time and you're good to go!

Problem is they started this game like a decade ago. These types of games are out of style now and they all pretty much bombed when they came out 5 6 7 years ago.which is why the.industry moved on.

The same can be said about the IP. The suicide squad was a thing like 5 years ago. No one even remembers them now. If they.were still a thing WB would be trying to make a 3rd movie.

You have a dead IP in a dead genre. This will be shat out and WBD will stop.supporting it within 6 months.

Meanwhile Valve cant get off their asses and release a L4D2 remaster or L4D3. Wtf gabe stop being a total asshole and re release L4D already.

I’ll wait for the inevitable fire sale a month after launch and pick it up on the cheap.

Enjoyed the gameplay in the beta but the story, writing, character designs were all just terrible.

Seeing these once great developers that have been infiltrated by DEI nutjobs is like seeing someone suffering from late stage cancer. You’re just ready for them to be gone so they suffer no more.

I’ll wait for the inevitable fire sale a month after launch and pick it up on the cheap.

Enjoyed the gameplay in the beta but the story, writing, character designs were all just terrible.

Seeing these once great developers that have been infiltrated by DEI nutjobs is like seeing someone suffering from late stage cancer. You’re just ready for them to be gone so they suffer no more.

I bet you good money the entire idea for this game was born out of DEI. It's the same shit that happened in the comics, the blue and purple hairs moved in, and suddenly every beloved hero was being mocked, belittled, and taken to task by every mary sue they could write into the stories.

I read the game has been in development for over a decade. I hope this is the last we see of the Suicide Squad. They could have made a new AAA Superman game with Brainiac and/or Darkseid as the villain(s) in half the time.

• This tbh
Reactions: Dacon
Do you want to puke? Watch this

Finally, the Mary Poppins - Joker crossover everyone has been wanting...right? He's just working through his insecurities. You were right, I did just spiritually throw up.

That video also includes one of the most irritating elements about how comic book adaptations are marketed/defended: This stupid character/plot/crossover/etc happened at one point in the comics, so it's fine that it's in the game/movie.

Comics have decades of often lame stories/moments in their archives, the existence of this garbage doesn't mean that you escape the need to critically think about whether it belongs in your game/movie today, nor does it automatically excuse its inclusion after it's poorly received.

Do you want to puke? Watch this

Fuck me. I'm done with these fucken imbecilic punces who are in game dev now. That purple haired inbred wanna be fashionista said it best describing herself. "But deep down he doesn't really know who he is yet"

Stop, Stop, Stop putting yourself in these vintage well established characters. It's not brave, it's not cool, it's not new, it's not intelligent. Its utter boring, dunce, pathetic, tragic and most of all the character is not yours.

This game needs to die in a supernova. All those wanna be intellectually oppressed game developer imposters need to be fired and not welcomed back into this industry.

How do you go from Arkham Asylum to this?

Thats hilarious.

Oh man I'm totally hyped to explore this version of the Joker and learn how he deals with his insecurities as a fragile white male, it's what I always wanted from the character. The Arkham games were such a letdown in that regard, so I'm glad that a brave and strong female finally stood up to the male patriarchy, to influence the character, allowing me to reflect on my own male fragility and to explore my feelings more.

Look at this face 🤦‍♂️

suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-joker-reveal.png

This is going flop so bad it's going to shutter the studio I feel. Pity.

I'm sure the core gameplay will be good, especially after some patches and tweaks. That said all the clutter around it with the disgusting UI, the injected activism, ugly designs and disrespect of their previous work will hurt the game's success. At least for me, it's not an attractive package overall. Which is unfortunate, I feel like the talent at that studio could've been used in a better project with a different vision.

• 100%
Reactions: Kadayi
The umbrella thing is a perfect example of the lack of respect the current version Rocksteady has for this IP. Even casual DC fans would associate umbrellas with the Penguin, so featuring it on the Joker seems careless.

I guess this seems like a small thing, but the Rocksteady that made Arkham Asylum would not have done this.

The umbrella thing is a perfect example of the lack of respect the current version Rocksteady has for this IP. Even casual DC fans would associate umbrellas with the Penguin, so featuring it on the Joker seems careless.

I guess this seems like a small thing, but the Rocksteady that made Arkham Asylum would not have done this.

This.

There is no reason to fear for the failure closing the studio or bemoan the waste of talent here, because Rocksteady has clearly been infiltrated, hollowed out and turned into yet another progressive skinsuit.

They deserve to get closed down, and everyone involved lose their job and kill their career. All these body snatcher studios do.

Do not judge and forgive studios based on their past works, instead be cautious and condemn them based on only their next title.