Thread: Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Thread (Update: Reviews)
They probably have to redesign the game because of the card system.

Where did this abomination of gaming come from. Skill points and trees were tried and tested.

Card system invade an entire game so with them removing it they have to bring in a whole new game loop.

At least I hope they are ditching the cards and card systems die. Sucks dead island 2 has one.

Hard to believe that Rocksteady hasn't released a new game since 2015 and even harder to believe that this game is the culmination of some of those years of development.

This pains me as someone that enjoyed all their Batman games. Have to think some of the rumored/cancelled games would have been better than this.

I actually liked what I played of it. Once you get into the rhythm of it, its pretty fun. Not sure how it will be for the long haul though and I would have preferred a new Batman game.

What I really dont like is this game is absolutely set in the Arkham-verse and it seems to kinda shit all over it.

How did we go from sexy Ivy to this androgynous freak. It's all so sad. Also, that dialogue is fucking retarded.

Rocksteady Studios: Raising Our Game
By Rocksteady Studios HR and Ops Team on 30/06/2022
When we joined the #RaiseTheGame pledge in 2021, we spent time talking with our team to understand how we can make diversity and inclusion better - both at Rocksteady and within the wider games industry.

Rocksteady%20Studios_One%20Year%20On_05_4032x1816.jpg

Rocksteady%20Studios_One%20Year%20On_01_2066x1180.png

• Shocked
Reactions: CloudNull

Rocksteady Studios: Raising Our Game
By Rocksteady Studios HR and Ops Team on 30/06/2022
When we joined the #RaiseTheGame pledge in 2021, we spent time talking with our team to understand how we can make diversity and inclusion better - both at Rocksteady and within the wider games industry.

Rocksteady%20Studios_One%20Year%20On_05_4032x1816.jpg

Rocksteady%20Studios_One%20Year%20On_01_2066x1180.png

This fucking shit. Remember how great the character models were in past Batman games? Now we have this fugly shit.

I was ignoring the game at this point because I was so disappointed with it after how much I love Arkham trilogy, but this Poison Ivy child shit makes me quite irritated, what the fuck are they doing.

Outside of potential disgustingness, the trash level writing of AAA games the last 5 years or so is insanely bad. Someone posted a clip of Atreus with a fiery haired girl in God of War: Ragnarok, I'm so glad I stopped playing that, the writing is soul-suckingly bad to me, I don't understand the attraction.

Pure pulp writing of old games is infinitely more preferable to me to this, please go back to that, Alan Wake II isn't amazing but at least its engaging and fun.

"My pheromones remember you" what the fuck do these retards think pheromones are???

They know what they are. That's why that scene was written like that.

It's not even just "Ivy got turned into a kid but still has all of her memories so she's technically still an adult and the same person and lol it's awkward". She is straight up a new little girl.

They know what they are. That's why that scene was written like that.

It's not even just "Ivy got turned into a kid but still has all of her memories so she's technically still an adult and the same person and lol it's awkward". She is straight up a new little girl.

No I mean like, pheromones are fucking chemicals, theyre not sentient, theyre not going to fucking remember anything.

Kinda does feel like this will be the end of Rocksteady, a financial disaster that will at least hurt the studio so much that they'll be significantly damaged long mid term.
Not releasing a new game for 8 years probably means Suicide Squad has to be a huge hit to keep them afloat.

My grim prediction: This game does not outright bomb, but probably underperforms financial expectations. WB will try sell off the studio to a bigger player that is interested in the name recognition that the Arkham series provides. By that point, Rocksteady would be a shell of former self and their new owners would probably not have access to DC properties, so it's hard to see success in their future.

Not releasing a new game for 8 years probably means Suicide Squad has to be a huge hit to keep them afloat.

My grim prediction: This game does not outright bomb, but probably underperforms financial expectations. WB will try sell off the studio to a bigger player that is interested in the name recognition that the Arkham series provides. By that point, Rocksteady would be a shell of former self and their new owners would probably not have access to DC properties, so it's hard to see success in their future.

I honestly think that’s massively optimistic.

People are already sick of capeshit, people utterly despise live service games, this is woke as fuck and ugly as hell, the gameplay looks like dogshit, and the story is taking a massive dump on one of the most beloved trilogies in gaming, including humiliating Batman in Kevin Conroy’s last performance of the role.

I’m expecting a Saints Row reboot level disaster here quite frankly.

This and Skull and Bones show the danger of the long development cycle.
They are chasing a trend that isnt there. This type of gameplay fad died 6 years ago. And suicide squad IP was a thing for a minute. First film was mildly succseful and 2nd one is only known for John Cena spin off. And that was like what half a decade ago ?

Same with skull and bones. Pirates were a thing after Pirates of the Caribian but that was like 15 years ago. No one cares about Pirates anymore.

The Suicide Squad IP i doa. Capeshit is dying. Even if the game is good which is 10% likely the IP itself went out of vogue 5 years ago.

Rocksteady were chasing a trend and spent 8 years making a game and are 5 years to late. I guess the only hope is to get hate on the game by making it woke snd then blame the " far right" for it bombing

Right on the nose

Current project, Suicide Squad

Working as Script Writers for this game.

It's kind of crazy to consider the massive budgets some of these games have and then recognise that they will outsource the story writing to some weird activist group.

It would seem like an obvious winner to just do another Batman Arkham game but invest a bit of extra money into having a quality story.

• This tbh
Reactions: Stilton Disco
These studios just aren't the same as when they made their once great games. DEI has taken a foothold and many of these recent games reflect that. They used to love the female form and attractive women. Just look at Harley, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy from previous games. Now look. An ugly kid and a butch Harley. Perfect. Jesus Christ, we now have the tech to make hot as fuck women protagonists, and what do they do, they use it to make them ugly. Larian, CD project, Sega still know what a hot girl looks like and let's the player admire it.

i played the closed beta...once you got past the horrible tutorial parts and into the story it was actually pretty fun and the dualsense controller was used pretty well
i dont really want to grind the map after the main story has finished so if its a good 10-15 hours main story ill be happy