Thread: PC-Pad |OT| Unlimited Power
Official Thread
I have a 55inch amazing OLED next to the PC, I sometimes game there as well. But man, that ultra widescreen experience is so good and the HDR on the VA monitor was still pretty good.

Im tyring to see if I can find a way to have a second ultrawide on my desk but the real estate needed it just a bit crazy. Like realistically...I dont need it, but I now have this old Dell Ultrawide just chilling here.

• Star
Reactions: regawdless
I need some help, my PC tech bros.

So Pinball M, I'm starting the game, but it won't show up on my screen. Theres the symbol in the taskbar, and the game is running, but it won't open on my screen when I click on it.

Even going to the task manager, I can go to details and click on maximize or put in foreground, nothing works. Last time I played it was on my wide screen monitor, had to send it back, am now using me normal 27" monitor. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I deleted the game and started again, didn't work.

tWIT98k.png

Any ideas here?

I need some help, my PC tech bros.

So Pinball M, I'm starting the game, but it won't show up on my screen. Theres the symbol in the taskbar, and the game is running, but it won't open on my screen when I click on it.

Even going to the task manager, I can go to details and click on maximize or put in foreground, nothing works. Last time I played it was on my wide screen monitor, had to send it back, am now using me normal 27" monitor. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I deleted the game and started again, didn't work.

tWIT98k.png

Any ideas here?

My guess is that the game has saved your other monitor as the one to display itself on. Now that you don't have that monitor, it does not show on the current one.

Could try to delete the game's settings from the installation folder (or wherever the game stores preferences).

My guess is that the game has saved your other monitor as the one to display itself on. Now that you don't have that monitor, it does not show on the current one.

Could try to delete the game's settings from the installation folder (or wherever the game stores preferences).

Yeah I removed the savegame folder and now it works again. Pretty dumb, but hey, doesn't happen often that people change their monitors I guess.

Igor's Lab and Alphacool rightfully taking some heat for false advertising and a case fan review that doesn't match up with real world results, but what bothered me is how Der8auer decided to deliver it to his English audience via AI.

Pinned by der8auer EN
@der8auer-en
I hope you enjoyed the best English Version of me :D Please post some feedback about the AI translation. Still kills me. But as I said in the video. This was just a test to see what is possible. All future videos will still be the real me :D

Long video filled with a lot of great points sticking up for the consumer, but also my first thumbs down for his channel because I'd rather he have just pointed to his German video and let others translate the salient points from it.

I think the title's just as relevant when turned back on him for blurring the line between AI and reality.

Igor's Lab and Alphacool rightfully taking some heat for false advertising and a case fan review that doesn't match up with real world results, but what bothered me is how Der8auer decided to deliver it to his English audience via AI.

Long video filled with a lot of great points sticking up for the consumer, but also my first thumbs down for his channel because I'd rather he have just pointed to his German video and let others translate the salient points from it.

I think the title's just as relevant when turned back on him for blurring the line between AI and reality.

Just watched it. I dont get the criticism, the AI part was clearly labeled the whole way through. I thought it was brilliantly done, AI has come along way.

Just watched it. I dont get the criticism, the AI part was clearly labeled the whole way through. I thought it was brilliantly done, AI has come along way.

That kind of response is the reason for my criticism, plenty more like it in the Youtube comments. The general public seldomly seems to weigh both the pros and cons against each other before coming to a conclusion, never thinks about how technology can and will be turned against them despite an already very long list of examples. That situation is becoming worse, not better.

That kind of response is the reason for my criticism, plenty more like it in the Youtube comments. The general public seldomly seems to weigh both the pros and cons against each other before coming to a conclusion, never thinks about how technology can and will be turned against them despite an already very long list of examples. That situation is becoming worse, not better.

It's absolutely a legit concern, but I think thats a bigger issue than a tech youtube should be concerned about. Thats something for the goverment, regulatery bodies etc to study and legislate.

So I'm splitting my PC into two and creating my own Jellyfin NAS server. Just bought this today. Technically Kickstarted it and it should be available to the public next year. It's an all SSD server. So yeah I've currently got 32tb of SSD, half of which will be going in the NAS. Already have the Jellyfin server setup on my PC its great. What's most exciting is the NAS will be on 24/7 as it uses 10-20w of power compared to my 180w at idle gaming PC.

This may be a dumb question but googling around is bring up conflicting answers. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to use my existing Samsung 990 pro 2tb drive with the OS (Win 10) on it in my new system in a straight swap? It's coming from a MSI Z370 A Pro and going into a MSI Z790 Gaming Plus board? CPU is going from 8700k to 14600k and GPU 2070 to 4070ti. RAM was Corsair vengeance DDR4 3200 to Corsair vengeance DDR5 6400.

This may be a dumb question but googling around is bring up conflicting answers. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to use my existing Samsung 990 pro 2tb drive with the OS (Win 10) on it in my new system in a straight swap? It's coming from a MSI Z370 A Pro and going into a MSI Z790 Gaming Plus board? CPU is going from 8700k to 14600k and GPU 2070 to 4070ti. RAM was Corsair vengeance DDR4 3200 to Corsair vengeance DDR5 6400.

It depends on if you bought a retail version of Windows or a cheap key/OEM version of Windows. Windows is tied to the motherboard, so when you swap out your drive to a new motherboard it will either need a new windows key (if you don't have the retail version) or you will need to go through an activation/deactivation process for Windows (if you did get the retail version). You can still get Windows working on the new computer regardless, but removing the watermark on the bottom right of the screen and being able to choose a wallpaper requires Windows to be activated.

Reactions: Thing on a Spring
It depends on if you bought a retail version of Windows or a cheap key/OEM version of Windows. Windows is tied to the motherboard, so when you swap out your drive to a new motherboard it will either need a new windows key (if you don't have the retail version) or you will need to go through an activation/deactivation process for Windows (if you did get the retail version). You can still get Windows working on the new computer regardless, but removing the watermark on the bottom right of the screen and being able to choose a wallpaper requires Windows to be activated.

I activated with a cheapo key on my original build so I should be okay to just buy another cheap I key then I guess. Am I likely to run into any other ball-aches in the process?

You'll want to format drive if its the boot/os drive. It's opening up a can of worns in terms of diagnosing future problems if you don't, and also might be lowering performance.

I have media drives that I leave in between main drive formats though, no issues.

I activated with a cheapo key on my original build so I should be okay to just buy another cheap I key then I guess. Am I likely to run into any other ball-aches in the process?

It's Windows so there is always a chance of some kind of surprise, but that should be it. Formatting the drive to start fresh does make things simpler, similar to what Hostile said, but moving the drive as is should be fine.

The rest of my parts eventually turned up today. This build took me around 4 hours. I managed to halve the time it took me to complete my first (previous) build. Very pleased with it so far, though I've only had a chance to play Apex and The Finals. Apex felt like a different game with everything maxed at a rock solid 165 fps. The Finals went from medium settings 60-70 fps to everything maxed 180-200 fps. Excited to play around with it tomorrow.

PXL_20231229_231033649.MP.jpg

PXL_20231229_231248096.MP.jpg

PXL_20231229_231238643.MP.jpg

The rest of my parts eventually turned up today. This build took me around 4 hours. I managed to halve the time it took me to complete my first (previous) build. Very pleased with it so far, though I've only had a chance to play Apex and The Finals. Apex felt like a different game with everything maxed at a rock solid 165 fps. The Finals went from medium settings 60-70 fps to everything maxed 180-200 fps. Excited to play around with it tomorrow.

Looks nice and clean, just make all the lights white lol. Congrats on the machine. Performance difference is insane.

• Cheers
Reactions: Thing on a Spring

Very nice. I’m sure the 14600k can last you another 5 years 😎

I'm joining team blue for my NAS.

Ordered ASROCK Z790 Pro RS with an Intel Core i3-12100. It's a nice motherboard for a media server. 4 nvmes and 8 sata slots, 2.5 gbe networking. Some reviews seem to think there's a 5th nvme slot on the back as well.

Okay so I think my build is finished for a bit lol. Results:

ASUS RTX 4090 Strix-White (wanted black but could only find white)
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E
ASUS Thor 1200W PSU
ASUS Ryujin iii 360 AIO
ASUS ROG Strix XF120 x6
Intel I7-12700K
Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64gb 6000
Seagate Firecuda NVME SSD 2TB x2 (need to upgrade)
Lian Li Dynamic Evo

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E
ASUS Thor 1200W PSU
ASUS Ryujin iii 360 AIO
ASUS ROG Strix XF120 x6
Intel I7-12700K
Lian Li Dynamic Evo

That's a damn nice rig, congrats!

Reactions: Frito_Pendejo

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E
ASUS Thor 1200W PSU
ASUS Ryujin iii 360 AIO
ASUS ROG Strix XF120 x6
Intel I7-12700K
Lian Li Dynamic Evo

Great setup! I was just wondering why you're saying that you need to upgrade your SSDs? 4TB sounds like a good amount even with all the bloated games these days.

Reactions: Frito_Pendejo