Thread: ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All (Decent Internet Connection Recommended).
Official Thread
Beat that gold boss in the capital city. He was SUPER easy. Black Knife Tiche +10 and pumped up sorc build has been awesome so far. It's amazing how huge this game is. There's paths on top of paths on top of secrets and so much of it can be missed so easily. They rewarded those who want to look under every rock and peek behind every bush. Easily one of the best games I have ever played.

Beat that gold boss in the capital city. He was SUPER easy. Black Knife Tiche +10 and pumped up sorc build has been awesome so far. It's amazing how huge this game is. There's paths on top of paths on top of secrets and so much of it can be missed so easily. They rewarded those who want to look under every rock and peek behind every bush. Easily one of the best games I have ever played.

You have a Black Knife Tiche +10 but are just fighting that dude? lol wtf, when I beat the boss you're on I couldn't even try to handle Alecto.

• This tbh
Reactions: Soodanim
I started a new save last night, because I got really bored of the NG+ cycles. All of that lovely content becomes meaningless when you have it all, so there was no incentive to do anything but go to bosses and whatever side quests you need for the specific things you want to trigger. The difference between NG and NG+ is so much bigger in ER than in DS, not only because of the openness but because you end up at such a high level by the end. Previous games you would finish at about 80, ER is more like 180.

Going into a new character reminded me of how well crafted the early game is. The stakes are higher because of the starting stats, and everything you explore has value. I've been using the Buckler to get some easy parrying done, and that's satisfying. Much better than regular parry for timing, too. I'm going to use everything to my advantage now, so lots more consumables. No point stacking up ingredients if you don't use them. Light roll also reminds me of when I got good at DS1.
I loved that boss, you just stroll into a room that has none of the tell-tale signs of a boss room and you're thrown into it with no time to prepare. I beat it first time and it was very satisfying.

Tonight I killed not one, but TWO Astel motherfuckers!

305-3051521_praise-the-sun-transparent-hd-png-download.png

Been a while since I've watched PDP. It's a long one, but pretty entertaining as he charts his No Deaths playthrough attempt.

'You know I'm pissed off when the Swede comes out' :LOL:

This dude did a no damage run and made it to the last boss. Giving him the death blow.... While simultaneously getting one shot.

Failed run at the last possible second. This is crazy. This is the guy who finished all the Souls games back to back without getting hit.

This dude did a no damage run and made it to the last boss. Giving him the death blow.... While simultaneously getting one shot.

Failed run at the last possible second. This is crazy. This is the guy who finished all the Souls games back to back without getting hit.

Fuck that, I’d count that as a win then come back later and do it clean. He defeated the last enemy, even if it was a split second between success and death

Right. Malenia. That's a bit of a cunt boss. I can do the first phase fine, but the second one is utter shit. Almost every hit is a one shot death.
I don’t like her.

I’ve seen people do her without getting hit, and it’s very possible and impressive. But between her deceptive range, fast attacks, and the healing, I wouldn’t blame you if you did what I did first time and Rivers of Blood spammed with mimic tear for a quick win.

If you want to do it legitimately, once you’ve got the Waterfowl Dance dodging down (believe it or not, that’s the easy part) it’s about dodging the normally attacks like her quick flurry that may or may not combo into more moves.

Sometimes rolling away is a bad idea, but rolling towards her changes everything.

I can find a few good videos if you need, let me know.

Fire Giant down. First dragon in flying city down. The godskin duo though annoyed the shit out of me, when I thought I got them both down, only for them to resurrect again. And again. And again.

Fire Giant down. First dragon in flying city down. The godskin duo though annoyed the shit out of me, when I thought I got them both down, only for them to resurrect again. And again. And again.

I really loved the look of that level. And it's big, with a ton of stuff to explore.

So, I am learning how to parry. Not that difficult actually!

I always find the parry weird because I don't always know which attacks I can parry and which I can't. Some boss attacks can be easily parried, other not. I had no desire to figure out which ones I can parry, I find it a bit unclear.

• This tbh
Reactions: HariSeldon
I always find the parry weird because I don't always know which attacks I can parry and which I can't. Some boss attacks can be easily parried, other not. I had no desire to figure out which ones I can parry, I find it a bit unclear.
I am not going to even bother trying to learn boss parrying, when most of their hits kill me in one shot.

I am not going to even bother trying to learn boss parrying, when most of their hits kill me in one shot.
I found it fun figuring out what I can or can't parry on some of the bosses. You can really get their moveset down and manhandle them after a bunch of deaths and observing. Though I think the riposte damage maybe should have gotten a buff.

Even with the special dagger that raises critical hits leveled up all the way, some enemies/bosses just did not take much damage from a riposte. And that sucks because they are so risky to do, so they should be rewarding too.

I found it fun figuring out what I can or can't parry on some of the bosses. You can really get their moveset down and manhandle them after a bunch of deaths and observing. Though I think the riposte damage maybe should have gotten a buff.

Even with the special dagger that raises critical hits leveled up all the way, some enemies/bosses just did not take much damage from a riposte. And that sucks because they are so risky to do, so they should be rewarding too.

After getting a somewhat decent load out, I was breezing through most bosses, no time to learn their patterns.

I'd love to have the option to replay some bosses though, try different strategies and getting their attacks down.

After getting a somewhat decent load out, I was breezing through most bosses, no time to learn their patterns.

I'd love to have the option to replay some bosses though, try different strategies and getting their attacks down.
You can get summoned to help others beat bosses, no?

• Brain
Reactions: HariSeldon