Thread: Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Thread (Update: Reviews)

I didn't know the John Bio was this awful.

All the bios are awful. While these are villain perspectives, so naturally they will be bad, the way the character talks about John Stewart as if he's an "Uncle Tom" shows their true colors. Because he's a law abiding military vet who's now a space cop, he's basically a race traitor.

We also see Lex praise the Amazons in the Wonder Woman bio for dealing with "toxic masculinity".

Actually shows how much effort has gone in to making sure that anyone who likes comics or games would not enjoy this.

It's as though the core design philosophy was "make something that will piss people off".

They see everyone as either educated, and thus part of their belief system already, or uneducated, and thus stupid and easily molded into believers if they’re just shown the right kind of media, since a core tenant of their beliefs are that will is the only force influencing human behaviours, thus everything is simply a social construct that can be manipulated.

It’s one of the core tenants of Liberalism, in this case the Blank Slate fallacy coined by Thomas Locke in the 17th century.

Once you start looking into what liberalism is actually based on, and early ideas Russo and Locke in particular put forward that ended up being based on pure fantasy, then suddenly the modern woke far left mindset so many elites have makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Saruhashi
It's as though the core design philosophy was "make something that will piss people off".

You silly little Philistine! its called "subverting expectations"

Do people remember when "deconstruction" actually involved some effort? Now it seems to just be lowly shit writers dumping on things that were created by people far greater than themselves.

Last edited:
  • This tbh
Reactions: regawdless
The discount had a short positive effect on the game, but it's wearing off quickly. The game doesn't seem to be able to keep people playing. You see the peak when the sale began, but it's back to only 334 concurrent players right now.

Screenshot_20240315-113512.png

• Cheers
Reactions: Stilton Disco
Incredible success! The 40% discount doubled the amount of players on Steam!

(From under 500 concurrent players to slightly under 1000)

Anyone who bought this at launch is an absolute mug. Imagine putting down full price for this and its selling for 40% off just a month later.

I will buy games at launch from time to time but you really have to question it when the game can be 40% cheaper just a few weeks later.

Really happy to see this miserable turd of a game failing.

We keep seeing the same pattern with game, and it speaks volumes about the quality of the experience.

Launch period, peak numbers so far with a quick drop off.
Then on every sale, we saw a bump, followed by quick drop offs.
People who check the game out abandon it after a few days.

Happened again, here:

Screenshot_20240413-075559.png

Player count is really bad for this kind of game with this kind of budget.

We keep seeing the same pattern with game, and it speaks volumes about the quality of the experience.

Launch period, peak numbers so far with a quick drop off.
Then on every sale, we saw a bump, followed by quick drop offs.
People who check the game out abandon it after a few days.

Happened again, here:

Screenshot_20240413-075559.png

Player count is really bad for this kind of game with this kind of budget.
Maybe they should have have done Arkham: Beyond or Superman instead of GAAS trash.

And the game is back to the status quo of being dead on Steam with 196 concurrent players.

Will the studio survive this bomba?

im conflicted here.....there is a good base game here but you can see there has been some sort of push to make the game woke and monetize it which does not work at all
as the DC universe is historically a darker universe which does not blend too well with the purple hair everything is wonderful brigade

this is literally a text book example of when you take a good developer with proven game style that is universally acclaimed and you try and paste woke shit over the top of monetisation

The woke brigade dont play video games ffs....its just another platform to sprout their shit from
i do hope developers like Shift Up who made Stellar Blade have an absolute massive success with stellar blade and titty physics and butt animations make a comeback

There is hope for a DOA volleyball follow-up.those panty vending machines in japan are still there

• This tbh
Reactions: Mirabilis
im conflicted here.....there is a good base game here but you can see there has been some sort of push to make the game woke and monetize it which does not work at all
as the DC universe is historically a darker universe which does not blend too well with the purple hair everything is wonderful brigade

this is literally a text book example of when you take a good developer with proven game style that is universally acclaimed and you try and paste woke shit over the top of monetisation

The woke brigade dont play video games ffs....its just another platform to sprout their shit from
i do hope developers like Shift Up who made Stellar Blade have an absolute massive success with stellar blade and titty physics and butt animations make a comeback

There is hope for a DOA volleyball follow-up.those panty vending machines in japan are still there

From what I understand, although I dare say @ManofTwo likely can correct me if I'm mistaken, investment firms like Blackrock are transitioning away (no pun intended) from ESG investments as its proven to be divisive and not the money earner they foretold and are more focusing on companies Environmental/Sustainability record when it comes to funding going forward,. In that sense I kind of foresee DEI, which was born out of the SG part of ESG is not going to be an important factor going forward, and I expect to see companies move away from pandering to DEI initiatives in the long-term. I sure as hell wouldn't expect it to go away overnight, but I do expect it being minimized and dropping off, especially if projects of this sort continue to fail catastrophically.

Reactions: kiNeMs
Steam 24h player peak is at 180 active players.

Worldwide.

Can't wait until the game (hopefully) ceases to exist after they finish releasing their year long already developed and finished content. And I hope that happens and they don't offer the promised offline support so this garbage gets completely forgotten.

• 100%
Reactions: Eneru
Blackrock isn’t transitioning away from ESG and DEI. They’re rebranding it.

Blackrock is CIA outfit. A majority of their analysts and executives have links to the CIA. So the WH is dictating their policy.

That would explain how Blackrock can keep sinking enough money into a bunch of failing companies that they'd still double down on DEI shit after multiple flops. We're not the end customer here.

Will we get some official announcement that they'll pull the plug or will they simply quietly abandon it?

Like I said the other day, they have a full year worth of content already completed development before the game came out, my guess is once they run out of that (and I don't think they'll kill the game before going through that crap since they already like spent money on jt) is when we'll see their proper next move, it's almost certain they'll just shut the "service" down by then, with the promised offline functionality to serve as an unfortunate but necessary reminder that this game is a thing.

But there's still possibility they'll double down and try to salvage this rubbish before then, go free to play perhaps, WB are known to be destructively stubborn.

• Brain
Reactions: regawdless
Like I said the other day, they have a full year worth of content already completed development before the game came out, my guess is once they run out of that (and I don't think they'll kill the game before going through that crap since they already like spent money on jt) is when we'll see their proper next move, it's almost certain they'll just shut the "service" down by then, with the promised offline functionality to serve as an unfortunate but necessary reminder that this game is a thing.

But there's still possibility they'll double down and try to salvage this rubbish before then, go free to play perhaps, WB are known to be destructively stubborn.

What I suspect may happen is they'll pour tons of resources to try and salvage it, and maybe it finally gets to a decent spot only to drop support then because they ran out of money. I certainly know that has happened with DICE multiple times. EAfront 2, Battlefield V, even 2042 is slightly less shit now than it was before but the latest update will be the last one.

And these nigels won't release this stuff on Playstation plus. Oh we get a free trial for 2 hours. No one is paying your game maybe put it for free and some idiots like me will download it and play it for 20 minutes.

And these nigels won't release this stuff on Playstation plus. Oh we get a free trial for 2 hours. No one is paying your game maybe put it for free and some idiots like me will download it and play it for 20 minutes.

At this point, it became clear that even going free won't help much. Every time a bunch of new players arrived, there was a strong decline inside of one week. The game simply can't keep the people playing, they're falling off very quickly. This effect will be even worse when the game is free, because people who paid for it are more likely to stick with the game.

Wonder how low it'll go on Steam activity. At 60 players right now.

bn53pj3a.png

At this point, it became clear that even going free won't help much. Every time a bunch of new players arrived, there was a strong decline inside of one week. The game simply can't keep the people playing, they're falling off very quickly. This effect will be even worse when the game is free, because people who paid for it are more likely to stick with the game.

Wonder how low it'll go on Steam activity. At 60 players right now.

bn53pj3a.png

The sunken cost must be so bad that even throwing it on GP and Plus to drum up interest and maybe sell some MTX or DLC isn't even worth it.

I guess they know even at free people still won't bother Investing anytime in it.

I just would like to give it a whirl but I aont paying for it. If I have plus and pay for thst at least put shit games thst don't sell on it.

Man, they should have green lit a whole Arkham verse with Arkham: Beyond as a future set sequel, Arkham Hope (Superman) Arkham Amazon/Mythos (Wonder Woman in a God of War like, though very different morals than pre 2018 Kratos) Arkham Kingdom (Aquaman exploring the world ala Uncharted, exploring Atlantis), Arkham: Cosmos (Green Lantern Corps doing cool stuff in space).

Tons of spin offs that could be given to the Origins team:
Zantana for magic stuff
Catwoman for a massive heist
League of Assassins maybe following up Origins
Just a few examples.

Instead of this absolute horrendous bullshit.

Reactions: Yawnson
I don’t understand. Who looks at (t)his work and says: hell yeah those are some nice ass costumes I created.

Even if you want to make them woke it’s just 100% bad from all angles. With the bones sticking out from random places and the color splashes. Who finds this appealing? Even as a 10 year old I would say wtf is this crap? I feel personally offended lol.

This is either lazy or someone did this who has absolutely no idea how to design characters/costumes.

0/10 (and hope it sells 0)