Thread: Hostile Faceoff: Bloodborne vs Pokemon Red/Blue

Which is the better game?

• Total voters
I need the fresh tears of Bloodborne fans when Pokemon rises to the top.

That's what the cream of the crop does brother.
That what makes it so tempting for me to vote for Pokemon. ;)

I can't stand tedious ass From Software games or the cult worship around them. I've never played any Pokemon games but unlike From I don't really have anything against them. I'm going to refrain from voting in this one but that could change especially if I see any git good posts -- so annoying.

I have no nostalgia for the first generation Pokemon games. Always thought the battle sprites were too archaic and the original, so-called best bestiary of Pokemon not very interesting (except for Snorlax if I'm being honest). And yes, I got into the series during the initial craze in America like every other kid at the time, but I rather liked Pokemon Crystal and also Ruby and Sapphire. The second and third generation games were the best ones in my opinion.

I took a long break from Pokemon until Pokemon X. Mostly because I thought the legendary Xerneas looked cool and reminded me a little bit of Suicune which was my favorite legendary Pokemon. But having finished the game and done everything I realized the series just wasn't very fulfilling unless maybe you're really into the online battles. Still, it was cool to see the Mega Evolutions and jump to fully 3D graphics.

That said, I think I have to vote for Bloodborne. Pokemon Red and Blue were never my favorite generation of Pokemon games and they just don't look and play as good as Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire. Get rekt, genwunners.

• Strength
Reactions: QuantumZebra
If Pokemon doesnt win this, D-Pad has officiall gone full-homo. Bloodborne is a generic souls-game that's already bested by Elder Ring. Meanwhile BLueRed remains the best version of Pokemon.

How does a gaming forum with a clear demographic of older gamers have such a strong Nintendo fan base?

Get good and vote Bloodborne. (Sorry Nobel couldn't resist lol).
Gimme whatever you're high on, because it must be good shit.

How can BlueRed-fans be younger than Bloodborne-fans? Bloodborne-fans weren't even alive during 911

Reactions: Bolivar
How does a gaming forum with a clear demographic of older gamers have such a strong Nintendo fan base?

Get good and vote Bloodborne. (Sorry Nobel couldn't resist lol).
real-men-play-pokemon

It's not that Pokemon wasn't a good game. It's that we grew up and our expectations of what a game should be matured.

Break free the shackles of folly you have cast upon yourselves. Cleans the stink of Pikachu from your hearts and embrace the darkness, the majesty of Bloodborne.

If Pokemon doesnt win this, D-Pad has officiall gone full-homo. Bloodborne is a generic souls-game that's already bested by Elder Ring. Meanwhile BLueRed remains the best version of Pokemon.

If this were Fire Red / Leaf Green, or especially Heart Gold / Soul Silver, I may have given my vote to Pokémon, but the original Gameboy releases are just rough by today's standards, regardless of their impact.

Also, Bloodborne is quite different to Elden Ring and, for a lot of people, more interesting in many ways.

Best version based on what? Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire made Red and Blue obsolete.

• 100%
Reactions: Hostile_18
Fallout 2 is the only game from my list left. So you gotta take the risk.

There's still a few of my titles left or ones I have a vested interest in. I'd betray you if it came up against other things.

Just think the people that are voting for Pokemon are the same ones that took Red Alert 2 from you. This could be He1nz Revenge.

• Funny
Reactions: DonDonDonPata
There's still a few of my titles left or ones I have a vested interest in. I'd betray you if it came up against other things.

Just think the people that are voting for Pokemon are the same ones that took Red Alert 2 from you. This could be He1nz Revenge.
Not really. Those were Halo kids.

Fallout 2 is probably gonna lose against anything though. Too few PC gamers here.

Not really. Those were Halo kids.

Fallout 2 is probably gonna lose against anything though. Too few PC gamers here.
I think PC Pad is pretty strong. I'd go

1st: Nintendo Pad
2nd: PC Pad
3rd: Xbox Pad
4th: PS Pad

Think of it this was your a dying man and with his last breath he can do something good even though it wont benefit him. I believe in you brother, I know you'll do the right thing.

What an incredibly shit take.

A) Bloodborne is nothing like Elden Ring in any way except for the UI style
B) Bloodborne is better than Elden Ring

On topic: Pokemon Red/Blue aren't even close to the best Pokemon games, and are practically unplayable nowadays compared to any other offering. Bloodborne remains the best FromSoft game.