Thread: David Tennant and Catherine Tate return to Doctor Who

Kreese

Ensuring Transparency

One of the most loved pairings in Doctor Who’s history have reunited and are filming scenes that are due to air in 2023 to coincide with the show’s 60th anniversary celebrations.

The Doctor and Donna parted ways when the Doctor had to wipe Donna's memory, making her forget him, in order to save her life. He left her family with a warning: if ever she remembers, she will die. But with the two coming face to face once more, the big question is, just what brings the Doctor and Donna back together?

Russell T Davies, Showrunner says: “They're back! And it looks impossible - first, we announce a new Doctor, and then an old Doctor, along with the wonderful Donna, what on earth is happening? Maybe this is a missing story. Or a parallel world. Or a dream, or a trick, or a flashback. The only thing I can confirm is that it’s going to be spectacular, as two of our greatest stars reunite for the battle of a lifetime.”

In his last ever episode, David’s critically acclaimed portrayal of the Doctor famously said “I don’t want to go…” Well it seems he - and fans across the globe - have got what they wanted as the iconic duo are on their way back…

I thought they’d already appointed a new doctor? That dude from Sex Education. Or is this for a off-season project?

• This tbh
Reactions: Zefah
What's Billie piper doing/looking like nowadays? We need her big blow jobby lips and sex appeal back
Rough is the word I'd use to describe her now

0_Billie-Piper.jpg

Shows you how desperate they are if they're bringing back the most popular NuWho Doctor and his best companion. I thought the Doctor and Donna were the perfect pair, despite not liking their season (4th) together.

Russell T. Davies may be woke like Chibnall, but at least he has enough sense to know what the fandom wants.

What's Billie piper doing/looking like nowadays? We need her big blow jobby lips and sex appeal back
I'd only want her back if she was paired with the 9th Doctor played by Christopher Eccleston. They were a better pairing than her time with David Tennant. I always disliked the hinted at romance between Rose and the Doctor.

Rough is the word I'd use to describe her now

0_Billie-Piper.jpg
OOF. I actually didn't recognize her at first. What happened to her since the 50th?

Shows you how desperate they are if they're bringing back the most popular NuWho Doctor and his best companion. I thought the Doctor and Donna were the perfect pair, despite not liking their season (4th) together.

Russell T. Davies may be woke like Chibnall, but at least he has enough sense to know what the fandom wants.

I'd only want her back if she was paired with the 9th Doctor played by Christopher Eccleston. They were a better pairing than her time with David Tennant. I always disliked the hinted at romance between Rose and the Doctor.

OOF. I actually didn't recognize her at first. What happened to her since the 50th?
Age and bad plastic surgery, if I had to guess.

More Tenth Doctor and Donna is always welcome, easily the best combination of New Who, and will be worth watching regardless of any other bollocks that occurs around them (they've actually done a good few audiodrama's together since leaving the show, that I recommend for anyone that hasn't heard them).
Yeah. I've read both David Tennant and Catherine Tate are great in the new audio dramas, given they had such great chemistry in the tv show proper.

Though I doubt RTD will retcon the Timeless Child bullshit Chibnall dumped on us, I just hope that he at least shuffle it away in some corner of the lore. NEVER to be heard from again. Whovians will never forgive him if he doesn't.

• 100%
Reactions: Stilton Disco
Weirdly, I barely remember anything of Donna. All I really remember is her introduction, the library, and… that’s about it. Reading about the mind wipe thing was like I’d been mind wiped. I know I preferred Martha though.

I need to rewatch Tennant. He was the best anyway, so it won’t exactly be a slog.

Yeah. I've read both David Tennant and Catherine Tate are great in the new audio dramas, given they had such great chemistry in the tv show proper.

Though I doubt RTD will retcon the Timeless Child bullshit Chibnall dumped on us, I just hope that he at least shuffle it away in some corner of the lore. NEVER to be heard from again. Whovians will never forgive him if he doesn't.
I'd be happy with the memory hole for the whole timeless child thing for a few years, then slowly overwriting it. All they'd need to do would be to have something showing the Doctor's parents and/or siblings, the Timelords returning as if nothing happened and maybe Omega showing up to reiterate the previous canon explanation for where they evolved the ability to regenerate. It's incredibly easy to be overwritten, thankfully.

Yep, a black tranny, how depressingly predictable.

They're not even making an attempt to pretend they're casting anyone based on merit, or making this show for the majority of Britian, so fuck em. I'm not wasting my time on this bigoted, pro perversion shitshow.
Even if they’re not, which is within the realms of possibility but if we’re honest is unlikely to say the least, it certainly looks like it. At best it looks like token casting, and that brings the entire show down.

Reactions: Allnamestakenlol
So in the current trend of making everything have a multiverse Doctor Who has fallen victim to it also.

Don't care about the whole transgender thing as long as she's written well and not these perfect caricatures modern media like to put out who are completely infallible and unlikeable.

• This tbh
Reactions: Soodanim
So in the current trend of making everything have a multiverse Doctor Who has fallen victim to it also.

Don't care about the whole transgender thing as long as she's written well and not these perfect caricatures modern media like to put out who are completely infallible and unlikeable.
In fairness Doctor Who has had a multiverse since the 2nd or 3rd Doctor. It's still technically canon that that's where Vampires came from in universe, and the 3rd Doctor story Inferno is both one of the best the show ever made and an unofficial crossover with 1984.

In fairness Doctor Who has had a multiverse since the 2nd or 3rd Doctor. It's still technically canon that that's where Vampires came from in universe, and the 3rd Doctor story Inferno is both one of the best the show ever made and an unofficial crossover with 1984.
I was not aware, thank you.

I think the 8th Doctor had some audiobook shenanigans in a different universe too. Zagreus sets off the whole Divergent Universe arc, now that I recall.

I guess I should have said multiverses are back in vogue!

In a world with a regenerating time traveling doctor, whose ship is an out of date police booth, and whose great nemesis is a collection of murderous shuttlecock robots, Yasmin will be the most unbelievable thing.

Reactions: Night Sky

Normally I'd be intrigued with David Tennant returning as the Doctor (yeah, I get that it's a publicity stunt), but everything I've heard says Russell T. Davies is going full on woke with the show as an FU to the fans who harassed his BFF Chris Chibnall.

If RTD fucks it up, then the series deserves to be canceled again just to show how it's lost what made it great in the name of "Get woke, go broke."

Normally I'd be intrigued with David Tennant returning as the Doctor (yeah, I get that it's a publicity stunt), but everything I've heard says Russell T. Davies is going full on woke with the show as an FU to the fans who harassed his BFF Chris Chibnall.

If RTD fucks it up, then the series deserves to be canceled again just to show how it's lost what made it great in the name of "Get woke, go broke."
I mean, how woke can Doctor Who really get. The doctor has always been a bit of an SJW. As long as we get better characters with stories that weren't pulled from someone's backside then it'll already be leagues better than what poor old Jodie got served up.

Hoping for anything better than what Chinballs deemed acceptable, at least we should see that with RTD.

• This tbh
Reactions: Glittertits McGee

If he does go full woke, the show will probably die.

My issue isn't the wokeness per se, because I can generally overlook that. It's the shitty writing that has persisted since the end of the Matt Smith era.

Ncuti Gatwa is still set to be the first Black Doctor, but he won’t technically be replacing the first female Doctor. The BBC just announced that Gatwa will actually be the fifteenth Doctor, and that the fourteenth will be…David Tennant. Again. Tennant’s return to the series (alongside Catherine Tate’s Donna Noble) was announced back in May, but we now know Tennant won’t be meeting his future self through some timey wimey nonsense. Rather, he’ll be regenerating into himself through some Gallifreyan nonsense. Hey, as long as it’s nonsense. The Beeb also released a teaser for the special episodes, which will air in November 2023.

"They"
Shooty, mate, Doc's been a man and a woman, he's whatever sex he currently is. Otherwise all Time Lords are "they", and fuck all that. Imagine the confusion in the scripts when they hit Gallifrey.

Reactions: Bullet Club
It's unfortunate, but this franchise is dying again.

While watching the latest episode and seeing 5, 6, 7, & 8, I couldn't help but think about how much better the show was back during it's original run. Sure, the budget was a lot lower, but the show was so much better.

They should bring back 5, 6, 7, & 8 for a series of specials and be done with it.

Oh wow. Never expected to see Paul Mcgann again. He was my first Doctor and one of my favorites.

If you enjoy his one-off movie, then you'll love the extended media he has produced with Big Finish. Loads of really great stories, definitely check them out. He is a great Doctor in his own right.

• Strength
Reactions: GreyHorace
If you enjoy his one-off movie, then you'll love the extended media he has produced with Big Finish. Loads of really great stories, definitely check them out. He is a great Doctor in his own right.
Yeah, I've listened to Mcgann's audio adventures. A lot of them are awesome and WAY better than many episodes of the New Series.

But my favorite media of the 8th Doctor are Doctor Who Magazine comic strips starring him. Just incredible stories and really the 8th at his best.

5357795.jpg
1111603.jpg
1698614.jpg
933933.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: Amorous Biscuit