Thread: What Are You Currently Playing? |OT| Gotta play them all
Official Thread
Finally finished Baldurs Gate 3. Phew.

I wasn't sure where to head next. But, I found myself loading up Resident Evil 3 remake. I've had it for ages but never tried it. First impressions are promising. I'm aware of the negative critiques the game has. I have every chance of enjoying it because I'm expecting it to be bad and so far I have found it...good 👍👍

Finally finished Baldurs Gate 3. Phew.

I wasn't sure where to head next. But, I found myself loading up Resident Evil 3 remake. I've had it for ages but never tried it. First impressions are promising. I'm aware of the negative critiques the game has. I have every chance of enjoying it because I'm expecting it to be bad and so far I have found it...good 👍👍

I enjoyed RE3 Remake well enough. Not as great as RE2 Remake and some weird rough edges, but overall a fun ride.

Reactions: skeem and Hillbilly
Played Valiant Hearts: Coming Home which was stealth released on major platforms recently. It's a short infotainment adventure like the first game but focused on final years of war and evil racism of America. It looks pretty good on Switch.

Finished Dragons' Dogma 2, around 95h of incredible exploration. The last gif I'm posting from the game:

knkngxvx.gif

Now onto.... I don't know? It's a similar emptiness like I felt after finishing Elden Ring.

I had this strange desire to check out Fallout 76 lately. Probably just since everyone everywhere is jerking off to Fallout material atm.

The game is not horrible so far. It's not great, either. If you just look at it as a grindy online GAAS title with a Fallout "theme" then it at least has decent gunplay so far. But a Fallout game, it is not. I'm also still heavy into Dragon's Dogma 2. Great fucking game.

Reactions: Hillbilly
Been looking for short games while I'm waiting for Fallout 4 update. Pulled out Star Fox Guard on Wii U. It's quite good. Seems dumb at first but gets addicting fast and overall smart use of controller.

Finished Mirror's Edge, brilliant game, I completely dozed off the story at the start so I don't really know what was going on, but I don't think it's really a story game so it should be fine. My favourite moment has to be realising what Looking Glass Gardens was referring to, kept thinking about it throughout the final level trying to figure out what will the easter egg be.

I also started Touhou Luna Nights, a short metroidvania with some actually really interesting mechanics, I think I'm halfway in, really fun and it's short which is a plus, one thing is it seems like there's some established lore and they don't bother to fill in anyone not familiar with what the series is about, doesn't seem like a big deal it just feels like references here and there.

Finished up Tokyo Xanadu. Overall a really strong game which I would easily recommend to action RPG fans. I finished just under 30 hours and did almost all of the side quests (that I knew of), so I think a lot of the length shown on howlongtobeat is just from cutscenes. There's a bunch and they go on forever, but it's skippable which makes it better.

Now that I'm done that, I have a week wait for Endless Ocean. I found Doom VFR onsale during the last PS sale for less than $5 so I grabbed that. It's 3 hours or so, something I can easily do in a week.

I also started Klonoa 2, having played the first one around this time last year. Once again, the plan is to take a level or two at a time and enjoy it. I never played the second game so I'm looking forward to it.

On the third case of Dual Destinies. I think this is where I stopped playing the last time. No idea why but I can't enjoy this game like previous Ace Attorney games.

Currently switching back and forth between Battletech and The Last Spell.

Nothing specifically fun happening in Battletech, except me coming into possession of my first heavy 'mech, a Quickdraw, by one-shot-killing its previous owner via melee attack decapitation. Also my main character keeps getting injured every sortie for some reason. Just can't keep the guy in the field.

In The Last Spell, just cleared the second (besides the tutorial) haven, Lakeburg. Tried way too hard on the last night, thought the boss had one more stage than it actually did, and ended up accidentally frying one of my heroes with a lightning spell. On the very last turn, completely pointlessly, while trying to thin out the horde on the other side of town to buy time I didn't actually need. Oh well.

Been looking for short games while I'm waiting for Fallout 4 update. Pulled out Star Fox Guard on Wii U. It's quite good. Seems dumb at first but gets addicting fast and overall smart use of controller.

Finished the game and I think it's a wonderful niche Wii U title.

But there's a big problem with it. Of a total of 100 missions, 50 are story missions and another 50 are bonus unlockable missions. You unlock them by ranking up and final rank will unlock the final mission. I only got to lvl 30 (of 50) by doing everything that was available and about 20 missions are still locked. I would have to grind previous missions for hours to unlock more. I'm not doing that. Pretty dumb of Nintendo.