Thread: The Callisto Protocol - Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer (Update: Hands-On Previews)

Heightened immersion is always a huge bonus in any game, but that’s doubly true when the game you’re talking about is as focused on horror as Striking Distance Studio’s upcoming The Callisto Protocol is. There’s several steps the developer is taking to ensure that it brings its sci-fi horror title to life in the best and most gruesome way possible (like the so-called gore system), and specifically where the PS5 version of the game is concerned, that’s going to entail the DualSense’s features as well.

Speaking recently in an interview with Game Informer (which you can view below), design director Ben Walker briefly touched upon The Callisto Protocol’s usage of the controller’s unique features, which, according to him, the game is “leaving very heavily into”.

“Absolutely, we’re leaning very heavily into all of that,” Walker said. “As satisfying as it is to hear and see, feeling it just adds that extra level, and that controller definitely gives us that ability. So all those little nuances and everything, we’re working hard to put those in and make sure that they really stand out on the controller.”

When asked about examples of how the game uses the DualSense’s features, Walker explained how the DualSense’s adaptive triggers and haptic feedback will both come into play for ranged and melee combat in several ways.

“It’s a lot of the guns, the resistance, the trigger breaks, the resets, that sort of stuff is what we’re working on right now,” he said. “Since we do have melee, we also want to get the bones snapping, feeling that in the controller. So when you actually make that connection, you’ll kind of get that little crack feel in the controller.”

The Dualsense stuff sounds very cool. But I wouldn't want to play it with a controller tbh.

Reactions: CloudNull

883.gif

• 100%
Reactions: CloudNull

Editions and pricing are out! Current Gen 10 bucks more expensive compared to last gen (except for the Collectors Edition). Season pass confirmed.

The Callisto Protocol Collector’s Edition (GameStop Exclusive) - 249,99​

The GameStop-exclusive collector’s edition of The Callisto Protocol comes with a physical copy of the game, plus the following:
  • Season pass
  • Jacob statue
  • Collectible pins
  • Steelbook case
  • TCP comic #0 edition
  • Retro prisoner skins

The Callisto Protocol Digital Deluxe Edition​

The digital deluxe edition comes with the game, plus the season pass.

The Callisto Protocol (Standard Edition)​

PS5
PS4
Xbox Series X|S
Xbox One
PC
Preorder the standard edition, and you'll get the game itself, plus the Retro Prisoner Skins (digital item).

Source

Editions and pricing are out! Current Gen 10 bucks more expensive compared to last gen (except for the Collectors Edition). Season pass confirmed.

The Callisto Protocol Collector’s Edition (GameStop Exclusive) - 249,99​

The GameStop-exclusive collector’s edition of The Callisto Protocol comes with a physical copy of the game, plus the following:
  • Season pass
  • Jacob statue
  • Collectible pins
  • Steelbook case
  • TCP comic #0 edition
  • Retro prisoner skins

The Callisto Protocol Digital Deluxe Edition​

The digital deluxe edition comes with the game, plus the season pass.

The Callisto Protocol (Standard Edition)​

PS5
PS4
Xbox Series X|S
Xbox One
PC
Preorder the standard edition, and you'll get the game itself, plus the Retro Prisoner Skins (digital item).

Source
Really wanted to get this but waited until I was sure it came with a physical copy.
Bought. Stoked.

What does he talk about. The game runs on UE5.

Still, as so often with AMD sponsored titles, very light RT implementation, if any.
While Nvidia sponsored titles tend to go all out on RT.

Total coincidence.

In the case of Striking Distance Studios and its upcoming game The Callisto Protocol, the team chose the latter – specifically Unreal Engine version 4.27.

• Shocked
Reactions: regawdless
I'd hang fire pre ordering, won't be long before it's available other places for alot cheaper.

That been said I'll be getting this. Good point about it been the studios first game. Imagine what a sequel would be like, once they know what works and doesn't. Still sure this will be a very enjoyable game.

I'd hang fire pre ordering, won't be long before it's available other places for alot cheaper.

That been said I'll be getting this. Good point about it been the studios first game. Imagine what a sequel would be like, once they know what works and doesn't. Still sure this will be a very enjoyable game.

It's a new studio, but some very experienced people in charge. They definitely know what they're doing. And it already looks pretty polished, therefore I'm not that concerned.

That said, I can very well imagine it having some issues and landing in the mid 80s from an MC. Which would be totally fine with me.