Thread: Horizon Forbidden West |OT| Robots in Disguise
Official Thread
Dunno, depends on the quality of the port. PC gamers are hesitant now, after multiple Sony shit show launches like TLOU or Ratchet & Clank.

I don't think it'll sell like hot cakes. BUT I know PC gamers will get sexy non chubby Aloy inside of one week. Mod community be praised.

Still haven't finished HZD on PC, but I was enjoying it (in the final third), but yeah that PC port was kind of shit tbh. For the most part, it runs pretty well, but the robot underground areas (Crucibles or something?) seems to run like absolute dogshit for some reason.

With that said I'd be interested in playing the sequel as I enjoyed the gameplay loop, though I suspect I'd probably need a beefier setup.

Still haven't finished HZD on PC, but I was enjoying it (in the final third), but yeah that PC port was kind of shit tbh. For the most part, it runs pretty well, but the robot underground areas (Crucibles or something?) seems to run like absolute dogshit for some reason.

With that said I'd be interested in playing the sequel as I enjoyed the gameplay loop, though I suspect I'd probably need a beefier setup.

Give it some time until modders replaced all the dress-wearing-dudes with hot waifus.

• Cheers
Reactions: Zeta Dragoon
Finished the game on PS5 and it's a mediocre game so I won't double dip. I'm sure it's going to look fantastic visually on PC

Reactions: regawdless
Like many others said.....Horizon Zero Dawn was fantastic.....this game was fucking garbage compared to the first. I got to the last mission of Forbidden West and just didn't bother to finish.

I'd pirate it at best to replay on better performing hardware but they lost my $ going forward

Does this mean we will get Elden Ring DLC that same week?
Maybe who can say? but it looks like they are going up against Dragons Dogma II this time. Absolutely incredible timing as always.

February 28, 2017 - Horizon - Zero Dawn
March 3, 2017 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

February 18, 2022 - Horizon: Forbidden West
February 25, 2022 - Elden Ring

March 21, 2024 - Horizon Forbidden West PC Release
March 22, 2024 - Dragons Dogma II

No, Dragons Dogma II this time. Absolutely incredible timing as always.

February 28, 2017 - Horizon - Zero Dawn
March 3, 2017 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

February 18, 2022 - Horizon: Forbidden West
February 25, 2022 - Elden Ring

March 21, 2024 - Horizon Forbidden West PC Release
March 22, 2024 - Dragons Dogma II

I wouldn't be bothered by Dragons Dogma taking any sales off me either, if I was them lol.

• Brain
I wouldn't be bothered by Dragons Dogma taking any sales off me either, if I was them lol.
Dragons Dogma was a flawed masterpiece, and had a massive time gap with growing cult classic status in getting a sequel, while Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring both had near decade long build up and anticipation and follow through. Hopefully Forbidden West has a good port, and Dragons Dogma II fulfills the sheer potential they had to gut about 60 percent of from the first game.

Ironically I think Skyrim, Demon Souls/Dark Souls, Witcher 3, BotW have made fantasy more massive then ever, and that changed landscape helped greenlight games like Elden Ring, Baldurs Gate 3, Hogwarts Legacy and convinced Capcom to greenlight a massive Dragons Dogma sequel.

• Brain
Reactions: Hostile_18
Dragons Dogma was a flawed masterpiece, and had a massive time gap with growing cult classic status in getting a sequel, while Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring both had near decade long build up and anticipation and follow through. Hopefully Forbidden West has a good port, and Dragons Dogma II fulfills the sheer potential they had to gut about 60 percent of from the first game.

Ironically I think Skyrim, Demon Souls/Dark Souls, Witcher 3, BotW have made fantasy more massive then ever, and that changed landscape helped greenlight games like Elden Ring, Baldurs Gate 3, Hogwarts Legacy and convinced Capcom to greenlight a massive Dragons Dogma sequel.

I think it will be a good game but it's in a similar position to Beyond Good and Evil 2. I just can't see a niche game with over a decade between releases becoming a massive sales success, second time round. Don't get me wrong it will be great for the fans, but I'd be surprised if it does better than ok commercially, regardless of its critical reception. Interesting time to find out though!

• Brain
I think it will be a good game but it's in a similar position to Beyond Good and Evil 2. I just can't see a niche game with over a decade between releases becoming a massive sales success, second time round. Don't get me wrong it will be great for the fans, but I'd be surprised if it does better than ok commercially, regardless of its critical reception. Interesting time to find out though!
Beyond Good and Evil 2 is Half Life 3 tier vaporware, even worse development screwups then freaking Skull and Bones and what little was shown at first had fans going what the absolute fuck is this? There is no release date unlike Dragons Dogma II releasing March 22, no one outside Ubisoft knows if it will ever see the light of day.

Dragons Dogma II is in a lot of ways the opposite position, steady news updates, massively anticipated by a lot of fans who are ecstatic at how good it looks.

Getting off topic, but Forbidden West setting is one of the more visually amazing (excluding people) looking games I've ever seen alongside the likes of Zelda: BotW/TotK, Zelda Wind Waker, Ace Combat 7, Bloodborne, Uncharted 2/4 God of War, Witcher 2/3, Elden Ring, Returnal, Okami, Gravity Rush 2, Demon Souls remake, Ghost of Tsushima and Xenoblade Chronicles Trilogy/X and of course, Zero Dawn.

• Brain
Reactions: Hostile_18
Meh I can probably brute force most issues. First Horizon PC port was pretty good. I don't think Nixxes will let us down.

Can't brute force through bugs and missing visuals and some other stuff always coming with day one version.

Can't brute force through bugs and missing visuals and some other stuff always coming with day one version.

I've played every PS game on PC day 1 and the only one that was "less than" a good standard PC release was The Last of Us: Part 1 IMO.

I've played every PS game on PC day 1 and the only one that was "less than" a good standard PC release was The Last of Us: Part 1 IMO.

Ratchet & Clank wasn't good with broken raytracing, bugged low quality textures, broken water reflections, load times that were slo etc. it was still somewhat fine, but surely less than good.
Little Big Planet with severe stutter struggle, really bad and I don't think it's been fixed.

Ratchet & Clank wasn't good with broken raytracing, bugged low quality textures, broken water reflections, load times that were slo etc. it was still somewhat fine, but surely less than good.
Little Big Planet with severe stutter struggle, really bad and I don't think it's been fixed.

I never noticed any of that (I might have waited a few weeks to start R&C). Honestly I just set everything to max settings and I'm away.

GH58vQ7XQAAUyT9

Reactions: and 3 others
Man this makes me so sad at what an overall disappointment HFW was between the skill trees and combat changes.

I remember when I went back and replayed all of HZD on PC and remarked what a great fucking game it still is. I dunno if I really want to revisit this after all.

Man this makes me so sad at what an overall disappointment HFW was between the skill trees and combat changes.

I remember when I went back and replayed all of HZD on PC and remarked what a great fucking game it still is. I dunno if I really want to revisit this after all.

It's so weird, I absolutely loved HZD on PS4 Pro. Forbidden West though, I have no desire to play it. Only the visuals on PC are tempting but that's about it. Maybe I'll get a key some day if it's cheap.

It's got a largely negative opinion here, but I know alot of other places like it a lot. The story in perticular appears to be love it or hate it.

I'm down for the ride, they havent let me down yet.

A shit sequel to a mediocre game, with a hideous and completely unlikeable protagonist, ridiculous woke bollocks in a post apocalyptic universe and by the numbers gameplay.

I fully expect another bomb for team Blue here. Even the good ports like Ratchet and Clank aren’t generating the previous interest on PC anymore, now the novelty has worn off.

Now they’re just trying to sell the type of AAA games that third parties stopped making, because they were unprofitable and unpopular, in a hyper competitive market, with an audience that has no reason to buy their games over the massive amount of competitors since there’s no sunk cost incentive.

Just like with Xbox, at this point PC ports are just throwing good money after bad.