Thread: ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All (Decent Internet Connection Recommended).
Official Thread
An Elden Ring update on Steam's backend suggests DLC news could be imminent

It was recently claimed that the game's Shadow of the Erdtree expansion would launch in February

New evidence suggests Bandai Namco and From Software could be preparing to reveal Elden Ring's long-awaited expansion soon.

Steam data tracker SteamDB recently added "Unknown App 2778580" to Elden Ring's DLC section, marking its first update in 15 months.

This has led to speculation that the Shadow of the Erdtree expansion could be revealed or released to coincide with the game's second anniversary next month.

Elden Ring was released for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC on February 25, 2022, and was one of the year's best-selling games.

Just days before the first anniversary of its release, publisher Bandai Namco claimed the game had sold 20 million copies.

Shadow of the Erdtree was announced three days after the title's first anniversary, although further details about the expansion weren't confirmed.

In December, an apparent leak suggested Elden Ring-themed controllers from Thrustmaster would launch this February to "sync with new 'Shadow of the Erdtree expansion release".

Perhaps equally notable was the mention of a second wave of controllers, which it was claimed would arrive in 2025 to coincide with a "major keybeat or new game expansion".

In an update last month, Elden Ring producer Yasuhiro Kitao said development of the expansion was progressing well but suggested that fans shouldn't expect a release in the near future.

From Software's parent company, Kadokawa, also claimed in November that development of the DLC was "proceeding smoothly".

Source: VGC

An Elden Ring update on Steam's backend suggests DLC news could be imminent

It was recently claimed that the game's Shadow of the Erdtree expansion would launch in February

New evidence suggests Bandai Namco and From Software could be preparing to reveal Elden Ring's long-awaited expansion soon.

Steam data tracker SteamDB recently added "Unknown App 2778580" to Elden Ring's DLC section, marking its first update in 15 months.

This has led to speculation that the Shadow of the Erdtree expansion could be revealed or released to coincide with the game's second anniversary next month.

Elden Ring was released for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC on February 25, 2022, and was one of the year's best-selling games.

Just days before the first anniversary of its release, publisher Bandai Namco claimed the game had sold 20 million copies.

Shadow of the Erdtree was announced three days after the title's first anniversary, although further details about the expansion weren't confirmed.

In December, an apparent leak suggested Elden Ring-themed controllers from Thrustmaster would launch this February to "sync with new 'Shadow of the Erdtree expansion release".

Perhaps equally notable was the mention of a second wave of controllers, which it was claimed would arrive in 2025 to coincide with a "major keybeat or new game expansion".

In an update last month, Elden Ring producer Yasuhiro Kitao said development of the expansion was progressing well but suggested that fans shouldn't expect a release in the near future.

From Software's parent company, Kadokawa, also claimed in November that development of the DLC was "proceeding smoothly".

Source: VGC

Wondering if we're gonna travel outside the Lands Between to a place like Eochaid? It's pretty much the only notable external location mentioned in the lore

Did anyone ever solve that riddle or mystery and win that free copy of Eldin Ring in this thread?

Yeah but I don't remember who it was.

Btw now I remember again that Black Chamber did this whole OT on a phone. Madness.
8hr3ja.jpg

tumblr_ptocccgenH1qk14c9o1_400.gif

I wonder if the Elden Ring DLC will incorporate some more elements from Sekiro, which incidentally is losing to Red Dead Redemption by three votes.

In all seriousness, after I finished Sekiro for the first time I watched this and it fits so well. You can see the influence of Sekiro in ER and there's a few little bits of that game that made it over.

Shadow Realm Blessing & Scadutree Fragments Explained

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree introduces a new mechanic called Shadow Realm Blessing. It's FromSoftware's way to ensure that over-leveled characters can't crash through the DLC as if Messmer the Impaler were nothing more than a wet napkin.

When you enter the Realm of Shadow via Miquella's decaying hand, you will start with zero stacks of the Shadow Realm Blessing buff. Players will need to hunt down Scadutree Fragments, similar to Golden Seeds, and use them at Sites of Grace to accumulate the buff. The stacks are permanent, so don't worry about dying and having to find more fragments.

With each stack of the Shadow Realm Blessing, players will take less damage from enemies while dealing more damage themselves. Think of each stack of the blessing as a traditional level-up. Your defense and attack stats increase, but only in the Realm of Shadow. The Shadow Realm Blessing has no effect in the Lands Between.

Another aspect of Scadutree Fragments that is similar to Golden Seeds is that each level will require more Scadutree Fragments. So, while your first buff may have only needed one fragment, your fifth might require four or more.

Shadow Realm Blessing & Scadutree Fragments Explained

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree introduces a new mechanic called Shadow Realm Blessing. It's FromSoftware's way to ensure that over-leveled characters can't crash through the DLC as if Messmer the Impaler were nothing more than a wet napkin.

When you enter the Realm of Shadow via Miquella's decaying hand, you will start with zero stacks of the Shadow Realm Blessing buff. Players will need to hunt down Scadutree Fragments, similar to Golden Seeds, and use them at Sites of Grace to accumulate the buff. The stacks are permanent, so don't worry about dying and having to find more fragments.

With each stack of the Shadow Realm Blessing, players will take less damage from enemies while dealing more damage themselves. Think of each stack of the blessing as a traditional level-up. Your defense and attack stats increase, but only in the Realm of Shadow. The Shadow Realm Blessing has no effect in the Lands Between.

Another aspect of Scadutree Fragments that is similar to Golden Seeds is that each level will require more Scadutree Fragments. So, while your first buff may have only needed one fragment, your fifth might require four or more.

D3 Paragon levels come to Elden Ring. Not sure if I mind that. 🤷‍♀️

Can a PS4 Elden Ring save be carried over to Shadow of the Erdtree? I've heard the PS4 version is still more stable then the PS5 version, hence why I am playing the PS4 version.

Also doing another attempt to play through holy shit this game is absolutely incredible with a ton of things I was hoping BotW/TotK would have incorporated.

• Shocked
Reactions: Rock And Roll
Can a PS4 Elden Ring save be carried over to Shadow of the Erdtree? I've heard the PS4 version is still more stable then the PS5 version, hence why I am playing the PS4 version.

Also doing another attempt to play through holy shit this game is absolutely incredible with a ton of things I was hoping BotW/TotK would have incorporated.

I transferred my PS4 save to PS5 with no issues so I can't see why you'd have a problem.

• Brain
Reactions: Zeta Dragoon
I loaded the game up to see where I was with my save and it looks like the HDR is completely broken. Can't get the picture to not look like shit.

There's a bug in this game that sometimes makes the HDR double with windows hdr or reshade and the games HDR. Or something like that. It happened to me way back before RTX HDR and I don't remember how I fixed it. If I were you, I'd turn off the games native HDR and any reshade HDR you might be using and try using RTX HDR.

• Brain
Reactions: Hostile_18
I'm back in Limgrave with a new character. Went with a hero, did a wretch on my first playthrough at launch.

I'm supposed to be trying the more recent games I have bought like Armoured Core, Dragons Dogma, Unicorn Overlord. But here I am on Elden Ring again.

• Cheers
I'm back in Limgrave with a new character. Went with a hero, did a wretch on my first playthrough at launch.

I'm supposed to be trying the more recent games I have bought like Armoured Core, Dragons Dogma, Unicorn Overlord. But here I am on Elden Ring again.

This is on my list to play again. I liked it well enough before but got bored and quit with only being like a third of the way into the game.

I also recently played Bloodstained Ritual of the Night again. Nothing wrong with playing great games again and again.

I'm conflicted as I stupidly only ever made one save file where my character is level 192 so I'm likely going to be extremely OP going into the DLC but there's no way in hell I want to grind up again.

I'm conflicted as I stupidly only ever made one save file where my character is level 192 so I'm likely going to be extremely OP going into the DLC but there's no way in hell I want to grind up again.

Not sure if you will be too OP since there is an alternate leveling system.

• Brain
Reactions: Hinedorf
Only 35% of Elden Ring players have beaten Mohg. The business decision to lock the DLC like that hurts my brain. They should of just done, a steep challenge at the beginning if they wanted a test before the real DLC begins.

Anyways I am ready to play it now, but fucked me off a little having to do a list of things, rather than doing them out of enjoyment at a relaxed pace.

• Brain
The stuff in the expansion hits really hard. A lot of the regular enemies are kicking my ass. Oddly though, the bosses haven't made me break a sweat. I have killed two major bosses already (the wolf elemental mage guy and the Moon Knight) and I beat both of them on my first try with half my healing items left.

The stuff in the expansion hits really hard. A lot of the regular enemies are kicking my ass. Oddly though, the bosses haven't made me break a sweat. I have killed two major bosses already (the wolf elemental mage guy and the Moon Knight) and I beat both of them on my first try with half my healing items left

Yea beat the first boss within 2-3 tries. A lot of times I just fuck around and experiment 10x times before ever really trying. Wasn't necessary but boy does he hit hard.

Taking it really slow and trying to explore every crevice before I proceed

Reactions: tones