Thread: DPAD Top Movies Face/Off Round 2 #58: Jurassic Park vs Kill Bill Volume 1

Which of these two movies is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mickmrly

Master of Ceremonies

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. Nintendo
Welcome to the 2nd Round of the DPAD Top Movies Face/Off series! 🙂

The two movies facing off for your vote today are:

Jurassic Park (1993)
iu

Kill Bill Volume 1 (2003)

il_1588xN.2795043779_ev8j.jpg

• Love
Reactions: and 3 others
If you think im the worst member here, ill take it as a compliment

I really wonder what happened to you. In the beginning, you were a soft guy like proto-Taysan, but now you're trying to be so hard to look tough, it's like you joined a gym and became a dudebro. Bummer.

I really wonder what happened to you. In the beginning, you were a soft guy like proto-Taysan, but now you're trying to be so hard to look tough, it's like you joined a gym and became a dudebro. Bummer.

Because i prefer Kill Bill to Jurassic Park? What are you even talking about? 🤨

You just voted for Kill Bill because of the foot fetish shit QT threw in. You can't fool me.

Nah, im not really an Uma fan in that regard. Kill Bill just resonated with me a lot more. I was 13 when I first saw it on DVD, and i was obsessed. Had never seen anything like it before. A 'film' vs a 'movie' - yknow? Almost like art house. Bought the poster from my local Media Play, and obsessed over the special features.

A year later, I stumbled upon Eraserhead on DVD in the horror section at a nearby Best Buy, and had Killer7 pre-ordered on Gamecube.

Those three things really warped my mind. Kill Bill, Eraserhead, and Killer7. A few years later i was a pretentious hipster teen banging out punk girls at the neighboring high school and smoking Newports behind the local bar.

Thanks Quentin! 😅

So yeah, Kill Bill had a huge impact on me. I dropped out in 11th grade and got my GED and went to film school. Started torrenting Godard flicks because of his "A Band Apart" logo on my Kill Bill poster

Made short films, music videos, etc. Being a 'filmmaker' was a huge part of my identity for a long while

I can really pinpoint a lot to that movie

Cant say any of that about Jurassic Park

• Star
Reactions: Mickmrly
Cinematography in Kill Bill is top notch. Just the scene of the beheading in the snow, just besutiful. Compared to looking at a fat fuck who complain's he's not getting paid enough, I see that at work everyday.

• Brain
JP 1 is such a great movie. It holds its own then, and even today. While I did enjoy KB, it ain't as timeless as JP. Besides, every single one of us who grew up watching that movie, dug in their yard for dinosaur bones.

Also, Farnsgirth is amazing.

• Cheers
JP all the way. Holds up super well still. And despite my continued whining about it being inferior to the book, it’s still a lot of fun.

KB is also good. But IMO inconsistent. There are many great scenes that are truly superlative. Then there are a handful that are a bit of rubbish.

It's close for me, but Jurassic Park is getting the vote. It blew a dinosaur-sized hole in the movie industry when it came out.

Kill Bill is fantastic and I went and saw it twice in the opening weekend, but it's just not living up to what Jurassic Park did in its day.

Jurrassic Park is revolutionary and a damn good movie to boot.

Kill Bill Volume 1 is not Tarantino's best. Enjoyable, but I much prefer Volume 2.

• Brain
I watched the UHD of JP recently. While some parts definitely show it's age, it's still a fucking great movie. Enjoyed my rewatch more than basically any modern action movie. True classic, one of my favorites of all time.

I watched that copy recently. It's easy to tell the difference between digital dinos and Stan Winston animatronics. CGI scenes are very soft looking. Thankfully most of the movie they used real ones.

I actually snagged kill bill vol 1 and 2 on bluray cuz of this thread

Havent seen either in years

Not sure if theyll ever make it to 4k uhd

• Cheers
I didn't even know Jurassic Park had a book. I think the movie was done pretty well, so the book must have been really good.

BRO!!!! You have to read the book!!! Or at least listen to the audio book if that more palatable. It is brilliant! Will completely change your understanding of the franchise. HIGHLY recommended read.

And even though it is in many ways a retread, The Lost World is actually a solid story and good read. It makes the film 'adaptation' look embarrassing.

Jurassic Park is my favourite of these two films. The story is consistent, the characters are actually likeable and not irritating and the actors chosen do their jobs pretty well. The music is great as well, can't have a truly great movie without some memorable music:

Reactions: regawdless
I didn't like Kill Bill in the past, but it has grown on me.
I remember watching JP as a child. Extremely scary at the time :D

I'd be happy with either one winning, so I'm not mad at the result.

• Cheers