Thread: Do you shop at Sam's Club or Costco? Do you live the bulk lifestyle?

Sam's Club or Costco?

• Sam's Club

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Costco

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

teezzy

Let me have my wanks

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. Xbox
  3. PlayStation
  4. Nintendo
I got a Sam's Club membership recently and have been living it up as there's one right near where I work. Super convenient for cheap gas and all the paper towel, toilet paper, eggs, greek yogurt, canned fish, and $5 rotisserie chickens I can muster. I stock up hard.

20211209-kp-samsclub-shot4-00657.jpg

A few friends of mine have Costco memberships, some coworkers even have both.

106949069-1632870208777-gettyimages-1343626023-dsc05263_2021092841746913.jpeg

Do you live the bulk lifestyle? Do you think it's cheaper even with the annual membership fee? 🧐

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: CloudNull and bonk
I like the novelty of it, but as far as the actual savings, I've never been completely convinced. At least, I'm not sure if it would be a big savings for me. Maybe if I needed a pallet of diapers it would add up.

You pay what, like $200/year just to be allowed to walk inside the store? Then you're buying huge amounts of things to get them at "a discount." And lower priced gas is just a thing to fool dads who don't own calculators. Do the math on that one lol.

Get gas that's 10 cents cheaper on a 15 gallon tank and wow, you just saved $1.50! And that's only if you filled the entire tank. Congrats, you would have paid $60 for the tank anywhere else, but your expensive subscriton let you pay $58.50 :ROFLMAO:

@Grinchy

$45 for Sam's Club 1 year base level
$60 for Costco 1 year base level
Wow they must really skimp the base level or something. I worked at one of these places back in like the year 2000 when I was a teenager. It was called BJ's lol. It was like $140 per year or some shit.

Never found the use for it. If I bought stuff in bulk it would just go bad (talking about perishables) and don't think the deals are that amazing. I don't need 800 rolls of toilet paper, the 24 pack does me fine.

Sure if you own a restaurant or maybe have 5 kids or something.

I am surprised though that the membership has lasted this long. You figured it would be taken down for being racist or sexist or something. Bet you thats Bidens next crusade, to get rid of Costco memberships that disproportionately effect BIPOIC and other marginalized people. Poor people need to buy in bulk just as much as white people. Cmon man.

Wow they must really skimp the base level or something. I worked at one of these places back in like the year 2000 when I was a teenager. It was called BJ's lol. It was like $140 per year or some shit.

Not really lol

Screenshot_20221105_154330.jpg

And here's the Costco benefits for paying $120 a year as opposed to the $60

Screenshot_20221105_154406.jpg

Membership to both. Who wants to touch me?

Costco has better quality stuff and Sam’s club has more selection of stuff.

Our Sam’s club is further than our Costco so we don’t go very often. We’ll probably drop Sam’s club after our membership runs its cycle. They were running a “buy a membership for 45 get a gift card for 45.” Which seems like a common enough deal where I’ll just intermittently pickup a membership every time.

Membership to both. Who wants to touch me?

Costco has better quality stuff and Sam’s club has more selection of stuff.

Our Sam’s club is further than our Costco so we don’t go very often. We’ll probably drop Sam’s club after our membership runs its cycle. They were running a “buy a membership for 45 get a gift card for 45.” Which seems like a common enough deal where I’ll just intermittently pickup a membership every time.
This guy gets it!

Neither, closest Costco is over 30+ miles away and Sams Club almost an hour , not driving that far to save a couple dollars here and there

Reactions: CloudNull
Just got this in my email yesterday. Unparalleled customer service. I walk in show them the email and they hand me $20.

They always have great stuff. Lots of sick deals on tech with 90 day return policy. Costco is the shit. My last tv was bought from here on a sick deal and im eyeing a desktop pre built from here at a damn good price for Black Friday. Been fuckin with Costco day 1

Screenshot_20221105-125511-626.png

People never seem to shut up about how good a lot of Kirkland products are.
Kirkland is good, but nothing I've had is amazing. If my employer stopped paying for my membership I wouldn't run out to pay for one myself to keep Kirkland products in my life.

Reactions: CloudNull
Sams club is chill too but Costco is 👌👌👌

I've been with friends and piggybacked a few items in their carts. It's awesome, I agree. Closest one to me is 4 miles away. Not too far, but it's not super convenient either.

For now, I'm all about that Member's Mark 😅

members_mark_logo.png

• Star
Reactions: CloudNull and bonk
Kirkland is OP AF. I love Costco. I called it back in the spring but the Costco $1.50 Glizzy combo is the 21st century equivalent to government breadlines. I see families feeding their kids all the time now, the lines to get a glizzy are so long.

I live alone so when I make a meal I have like two week's worth of it. I'm trying to throw out less food so no bulk for me.

Costco for life. Pro Tip: their travel agency is top tier and I believe all your trips are insured by default. We book all our major trips out of the country through Costco. We normally just do the hotel but you can book tons of events through them as well.

I got the best standing desk from Costco as well online only. Costco is so much more than just the warehouse.

Costco for life. Pro Tip: their travel agency is top tier and I believe all your trips are insured by default. We book all our major trips out of the country through Costco. We normally just do the hotel but you can book tons of events through them as well.

I got the best standing desk from Costco as well online only. Costco is so much more than just the warehouse.
Real costco bros unite

Not really lol

Screenshot_20221105_154330.jpg

And here's the Costco benefits for paying $120 a year as opposed to the $60

Screenshot_20221105_154406.jpg
We have the Executive membership and get a check from them every year for purchases the year prior that covers the cost of the membership basically. Costco is the shit. We go once every two weeks and that works perfect for us. Also can’t beat $1.50 hot dog and drink or their pizza slices which are huge.

Whats the fruit like ?

On a scale of 1 to Cryptoadam how to you rate their grapefruits oranges and grapes?

Hell yes. Used to shop at both, but the only Sam's Club nearby closed down a few years back, so it's just Costco for me now.

Awesome deals all the time. My go-to for meat unless I need something really high quality.

People never seem to shut up about how good a lot of Kirkland products are. I usually buy store brands so that's a huge plus for me.

Still went with Sam's Club though just based on location alone.

"Kirkland" is just what Costco slaps on white-label products from other manufacturers that they've identified as being good quality.

Reactions: bonk and lock2k
My hot takes on the food courts at both:
Sams club wins hot dog
Costco wins pizza
Sams club wins dessert and other random shit.
Sams club wins soft drink selection

That said, the biggest gap in quality is the pizza round. Sams club is barely edible costco is legit good.