Thread: D-Pad Game of the Year 2022 Nominations
Game Of The Year
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I forgot all about that new ninja turtle game

Wonder if it's still on gamepass

Wow I forgot all about that new ninja turtle game

Wonder if it's still on gamepass
Me too. I had been meaning to check it out. Played absolutely jack squat in terms of new games this year.

2023 is going to be a heavier year for me. Jedi Survivor, Cyberpunk expansion, Firmament (makers of Myst and Riven), Starfield, Alan Wake 2, just off the top of my head.

Wait, so is this the thread where we list nominations and then, once nominations end, we'll get another thread where we actually VOTE for a Goty? OR is this already the thread that counts for the voting?

Basically, Xenoblade 3 was already nominated by someone on the first page. I wouldn't mention it because it already is nominated, right? But if it's the voting, I'd mention it again.

Wait, so is this the thread where we list nominations and then, once nominations end, we'll get another thread where we actually VOTE for a Goty? OR is this already the thread that counts for the voting?

Basically, Xenoblade 3 was already nominated by someone on the first page. I wouldn't mention it because it already is nominated, right? But if it's the voting, I'd mention it again.
remember to not take it seriously if it loses alright?

This is both nominating and voting in this thread.

Reactions: FactsAreDead
I think the only game I have played from this year was Fire Emblem: Three Hopes and so that will be my main pick. I got Dragon Quest 11 for my Birthday but that is an older game now.

1. Fire Emblem: Three Hopes

96.jpg

1. Elden Ring

...and I didn't buy any other newly released games this year.

Infact I think I only bought about 4 games in 2022 total.

That whole backlog only year I did in 2021 has really strengthened my willpower to resist hype and avoid buying games I'm not actually going to play.

But Elden Ring was bloody great, so it'd most likely be No.1 regardless. Cracking game that.

1. Elden Ring
2. King Of Fighters 15
3. DNF Duel

Fun year for fighting games imo. The big hitters arrive next year so should be great going forward too.

I spent 150+ hours on Elden Ring. The last time I can remember being so motivated to explore everything in an open world game that provides a map is probably Elder Scrolls Oblivion on the 360. I really, really enjoyed the game.

Hmm, not sure. Thats a tough one. It's definitely more than a remaster, but does it get elevated to remake status? I'm not convinced either way.
Its 100% a remake unless you want to tell me that Demon's Souls and SotC were not remakes.

Last edited:
Is TLoU Part I a valid vote?

If it was out on PC then that would be a valid option, but where it's basically a rerelease on its own console not so much IMHO. If we went down that route then technically the recent Witcher 3 update could quality and I'm of the view that for the most part GoTY should really be for newer titles.

If it was out on PC then that would be a valid option, but where it's basically a rerelease on its own console not so much IMHO. If we went down that route then technically the recent Witcher 3 update could quality and I'm of the view that for the most part GoTY should really be for newer titles.
TLoU Part I is clearly a remake not a remaster or re release. If anything all the PC port shouldn't be eligible beucase that's what they are, just ports.

• Funny
Reactions: lock2k
1) Elden Ring
2) Xenoblade 3
3) GoW R

The first two are really solid games. GoWR is a well made game, but only on my list due to this being a slow year and not being able to think of anything else to put on here. I have a few smaller games I need to play through like Signalis, Diofield, Crisis Core, Tactics Ogre, etc. Had I finished some of those games maybe they would have taken the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.