Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirabilis

Yellow Dog Bad
Staff member

Platforms
  1. PC
sEqe4Np.jpeg

Right, with the year coming to a close it's time for the D-Pad Game of the Year 2022 Nominations.

Process : -

Nominate your 3 favourite games released this year in your preferred order.

For Example: -

1. High On Life
2. Elden Ring
3. Stray

Results will be determined by a weighted system (1st = 1 point, 2nd = 0.75, 3rd = 0.5)

Nominations will be accepted up until the 27th, and through the unholy Power of Excel we should arrive at a winner by the 31st.

Rules:

1. Titles must have been released this year.
2. No remasters.
3. No derailing the thread with side commentary (thread bans will result and nominations may be discarded).

If you want to add why you nominated a game that is appreciated, but it's not required.

Mirabilis

Do PC ports count as remasters? Conflicted myself but just wondering if God of War and Uncharted qualify as they only came out on Steam this year.

If new to the platform then yes it's allowed, although you'd have to add the - PC so for instance GoW(2018)-PC.

• Brain
Reactions: Hostile_18
1. Elden Ring
ELDENRING_21_25120461292d8e6256c8.10110654.jpg

2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion
crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-bahamut1.jpg

3. The Callisto Protocol
TCP_F-980x458.png

Elden Ring really took my 1st spot by the sheer content and quality. It was a great game, but not without it's problems. A bloated map, and reused dungeons FromSoft has learned from Bloodborne has kept it from GOAT status.

Crisis Core is a beautiful remake from the PSP platform. It is at it's core (heh), a time waster. You can blow through the game pretty quickly, but the most time spent is in the side missions and materia leveling/fusing. It's a remake, not a remaster, and it's been brought to a new platform so it qualifies.

Callisto is Dead Space on a fundamental level, without the refinement. It had the potential to be amazing, but fell short. I still enjoyed my time with it. A sequel needs to step it up. I put Callisto 3rd as I felt Ragnarok didn't live up to the hype of my dreams, while still being a good game.

Last edited:
1: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection [PC]
The best developer in the world makes their PC debut with two amazing titles in one awesome package. Uncharted 4 previously took my GOTY award alone. I genuinely feel my PC experience is complete now, what with the Last of Us 1 and 2 also inbound.

2: Elden Ring
Dark Souls slightly diluted, but a substantially bigger experience. Provided me with over 100 hours of enjoyment.

3: God of War 2018 [PC]

The amazing 2018 game is just as amazing on PC, with enhanced graphics and frame-rate.

Honorary mention to Plague Tale 2. Great and disappointing in equal measure. A very good time regardless. Also the the Witcher 3 remaster, while not qualifying, makes the best game ever made, even better.

1. Elden Ring
  2. Vampire Survivors
  3. Marvel SNAP
Was extremely hard deciding between ER and Vampire Survivors, both have proven to be so excellent but ultimately, the year was wrapped the second Elden Ring dropped in February, a truly outstanding achievement by FROM Software. So much so I even 100%'d it, which I have never done with a Souls-like before. A studio at the peak of their powers, executing on a superb vision. It takes what made Breath of the Wild special and doubles down, truly unforgettable, though I would have liked to have seen more boss variation.

Vampire Survivors is a game which I never expected to last me quite so long, but from a hours played to pounds spent ratio, I think I have actually made money. Insanely addictive loop, incredible upgrades and a robust depth with new characters, spells, abilities and maps. DLC recently dropped so looking forward to losing another few hours of my life for only £1.33.

Marvel SNAP deserves mention too for being a refreshing, quick and fun card battler. I have never been so hooked on a mobile game before, very satisfying and the progression loop isn't so unfair to make you stop wanting to play.

I suppose some honourable mentions must go to a few other games I played this year, including Modern Warfare II, Lost Ark, Darktide, Persona 5 Royal and CULTIC. (Seriously, FPS fans, play CULTIC.)

Holy shit I just realized I haven't played any games from 2022 , kick me in the balls and throw me in a dumpster.
Latest release I played was GOW on Steam and that came out in Jan 2022 but it was a a 2018 game....🤣

Technically its a 2022 game for you lol.

I didn't play much new this year besides ER, Cult, and now GoW R. But ER had me hooked over 200 hours. Easily my goty, shit even gotg so far now that I think of it.

. Saints Row 2022
. Stray
. Hell Pie

Honorable mention: The Quarry.

Weak overall year I'm going, to be honest. Especially for PC gaming. To be fair i haven't played God of War or High on Life yet. Playing GOW on Christmas

1/ Vampire Survivors
2/ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

I think those 2 were they only new games I've played this year. I've bought 2022 games, just haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

• Strength
Reactions: DESTROYA
Status
Not open for further replies.