Hype Thread

FactsAreDead

Herr Edgy
Platforms
  1. PC
  2. Nintendo
||| SPOILER WARNING - THIS THREAD ASSUMES YOU KNOW THE STORY of XENOBLADE 1 AND 2 OR DONT CARE ABOUT SPOILERS |||

Hey there!

I've been talking a lot about Monolith Soft's upcoming games, both Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and the mysterious medieval fantasy Open World-action rpg IP that might not even exist at this point but I will not give up hope and-ANYWAY: It's been way too long since we got the last brand new Monolith Soft-game. That was in 2017 when Xenoblade 2 released for Switch. Since then, all we got was the Torna-DLC that was bloated to turn it into more than it was, and a remaster of Xenoblade 1, which was nice, too, but any fan already payed the game several times at that point, whether it was the original release, the new 3ds-release, the Wii U-virtual console release or the "bad boys"-release on CEMU. Monolith Soft-fans like myself have been starving for new content and it's time to open the floodgates!

--------------------------
First of all, what is "known" so far about Xenoblade 3:

- Takahashi Tetsuya is working on it
- some "insider" said a new game is releasing within the Fiscal year 2021, which ends in March 2022
- ACE and Yasunori Mitsuda recently started work on a big soundtrack, but that isn't necessarily Xeno-related
- if it released in the latter half of 2021, it'd have been 4 years of development; in comparison: Xenoblade 2 took, at most, 3,5 years and with a significantly smaller staff (40 people)

So, what's it gonna be, eh? Personally, I've already written in great detail what I expect and hope to see in Xenoblade 3 (you can read it here), but I can't get enough of thinking and talking about this game, so everyone, feel free to express your own thoughts, expectations, hopes or fears!

Some conversational starters:

- What's your personal Xeno-fan background, what turned you into a fan?
- Which one's your favorite between 1, X and 2? (focus on the positives of your favorite, not the negatives of the others)
- Are you #teamCrossover (many, if not all characters from previous Xenoblade-games meet in Xeno 3), #teamAllNew (the majority of the game is a totally new story and only the end has a twist that somehow connects it to previous entries, like Xeno 2 did) or #teamDirectSequel (the story continues from the end of 1and 2 and tells a story that continues the overarching plot elements, like Alvis, the trinity, Klaus, the Conduit, etc.)?
- what new gameplay-features would you like to see?
- who's your favorite waifu/husbando?
- Do you think the game will release in 2021?
- Do you actually expect the new medieval IP to release first? Talk about that instead!

That's enough for the moment. I hope we can gather a somewhat active Xenoblade-community here, because this franchise deserves to be talked about much more. Go all out and post your fullblown fanfiction, post funny Xeno-memes, gorgeous art, whatever helps us keep the Hype running! Tetsuya-san, here we come!

in XC2 there is a third core that caused a shift event, and is missing from 2’s universe, so...i bet that.

Also, in XCX we were left with the mistery of planet Mira, so... connected? Who knows.

I've been playing the Xeno games since Xenogears came out. I didn't know XBC3 had a possibilty of coming out this year. We've heard nothing about it so I kind have just forgotten about it for now. I'd love to see it soon though. I'm pretty open to what they do with the new game. If they create a new cast that would be fine. If they can come up with a good story for the existing characters that would probably work too.

My ranking of the Xeno games would be Xenogears > XBC2 > Xenosaga 3 > XBC1 > XS1 > XS2 > XBCX. XBCX is the only one I never was able to get into since it is so different from all the other games. I should fire it up again and give it another try, but I have been holding out in case they do a Switch port.

Oh, a ranking! Fun. First of all: There is not a single bad Xeno-game that I've played. So with that said:

1. Xenoblade X
2. Xenoblade 2
3. Xenogears (if that game had modern graphics and combat on par with 2, I think it might be at least one rank higher though)
4. Xenoblade 1

Haven't played Xenosaga, because in that case, just like you with X, I'm waiting for a HD-collection for Switch xD. Yes, Harada is my absolute enemy because of that. But I haven't lost hope.

I've been playing the Xeno games since Xenogears came out. I didn't know XBC3 had a possibilty of coming out this year. We've heard nothing about it so I kind have just forgotten about it for now. I'd love to see it soon though. I'm pretty open to what they do with the new game. If they create a new cast that would be fine. If they can come up with a good story for the existing characters that would probably work too.

My ranking of the Xeno games would be Xenogears > XBC2 > Xenosaga 3 > XBC1 > XS1 > XS2 > XBCX. XBCX is the only one I never was able to get into since it is so different from all the other games. I should fire it up again and give it another try, but I have been holding out in case they do a Switch port.

You should absolutely give Xenoblade X another chance, unless you really hated your experience with it. I actually love the game so much, I created my own Youtube-channel several weeks ago where I mostly upload short video clips to highlight the fun, open gameplay. No story-spoilers at all, so if you need some motivation, maybe take a look:

(I'm a beginner youtuber, so pardon my video editing skills :i)

Oh, a ranking! Fun. First of all: There is not a single bad Xeno-game that I've played. So with that said:

1. Xenoblade X
2. Xenoblade 2
3. Xenogears (if that game had modern graphics and combat on par with 2, I think it might be at least one rank higher though)
4. Xenoblade 1

Haven't played Xenosaga, because in that case, just like you with X, I'm waiting for a HD-collection for Switch xD. Yes, Harada is my absolute enemy because of that. But I haven't lost hope.

You should absolutely give Xenoblade X another chance, unless you really hated your experience with it. I actually love the game so much, I created my own Youtube-channel several weeks ago where I mostly upload short video clips to highlight the fun, open gameplay. No story-spoilers at all, so if you need some motivation, maybe take a look:

(I'm a beginner youtuber, so pardon my video editing skills :i)
I heard it gets more interesting once you unlock mechs but I never got that far. I plan on revisiting at some point. If a Switch version never comes out I’ll hook up the WiiU again.

I don’t think we will see Saga again. I believe a few years ago they said they would like to do an HD package, but deemed it not profitable enough. A shame because part 3 sells for around $200 on EBay I think. I paid $100 for my copy a few years ago. The series is more popular now, so I guess you never know what may happen though.

I heard it gets more interesting once you unlock mechs but I never got that far. I plan on revisiting at some point. If a Switch version never comes out I’ll hook up the WiiU again.

I don’t think we will see Saga again. I believe a few years ago they said they would like to do an HD package, but deemed it not profitable enough. A shame because part 3 sells for around $200 on EBay I think. I paid $100 for my copy a few years ago. The series is more popular now, so I guess you never know what may happen though.
That's what Harada claimed, yes, whether that's true or not is another question.

Regarding Xenoblade X: The game actually is great from the very start, so I don't think skells or not what change your mind. That's kinda the purpose of my videos, too, to show what can be done long before getting skells. Not saying they're not fucking awesome, haha, but ....

I really enjoyed X despite being surrounded by others who absolutely hated it. Loved the setting and the OST and how unashamedly different it was from a traditional "fantasy" RPG. I think it would have been better with a stronger main character who actually spoke and interacted with the rest of the cast, and I didn't really care for the create-a-hero silent approach. The scale of the game was mind blowing to me (never played XC1) which only BOTW really managed to topple once that came round.

I never finished it because I only started it a few weeks before Switch + BOTW came out and never went back. Think I was on chapter 7 and had already got a Skell. I've held off on going back to the Wii U version and would definitely like to see it released on Switch. I still think XC2 is a far better game and experience, but I loved XCX for being so bold and so different from anything I'd ever played before it or have since. A great game.

I loved X, but i think i didn’t like much the pacing i think. And like how late you get the mechs and later flight. It’s what sold me back when the first trailer was shown.

graph01.png

In other news, Monolith Soft got 11 new staff members since the last staff reporting, now totaling 272 people working for the developer.

Makes me so happy to see them grow this much all the time. Here's hope that MS grows to a size where they can put out 1 game every 1-2 years, finally solving Nintendo's usual drought of "mature" games.

In anticipation for E3 2021, I spent the past week making this video. Since I'm still rather new to video editing, it took more effort than it probably looks like, but I hope it's fun to watch for fellow Xeno-fans anyway.

Reactions: Zefah
I've loved Xenoblade 1 and 2, but I couldn't get into X. Here's hoping that a potential sequel is great.

I recently got into Xenoblade. I have X, 1 and will be buying 2 and Torna but physical is very hard to get. May be going digital for those. I really dig the series so far. Haven’t finished any of them but sticking with 1 for now.

Just finished XBC 1 over the weekend and had planned on taking a break before starting XBC 2, but that didn't work out as planned and I started it last night.

In addition to XBC3, I'd really love a XBC X remake for Switch. Not that I can't play it on Wii U or via emulation, but a remake that just slightly improves the graphics and adds in some of the quality of life issues from XBC:DE and XBC 2 would be great.

Oh man. Now "leaker" NateDrake said that he was more excited for Square Enix' conference than Nintendo's based on what he knew on paper. That almost de-confirms any Monolith Soft-game, unless his taste is utter shit. Oh well. Trying to stay positive ...

On another note: Getting ready for the reveal ;/

• Triggered
Reactions: Damage inc
In my attempt to get over the post-E3 trauma as a Monolith Soft-fan, I finally managed to finish this new video. Might be fun to watch for fellow fans .... IT'S NOT LIKE WE HAVE MUCH ELSE, right, Nintendo?! ;(