Thread: Uhhh, apparently the Wii U can burn eShop games to a DVD...
That's a weird and near useless feature, but who knows, might be good for PC emulation down the road.

Frankly though, regardless of whether it actually has any use or not, there's so much else wrong with that system that should have had the time it took to implementing this spent on instead. Like making the UI not the worst on any console to have ever existed, for instance.

It still amazes me that Nintendo made such a complete clusterfuck of a disaster as the WiiU and the utterly brilliant genius of the Switch in the same generation.

This is actually a pretty killer feature (just a shame it’s limited by DVD space — you won’t get bigger games like Xenoblade Chronicles X on there).

When a shop goes down, you usually have two choices for your digital entertainment. Either put it all on a hard drive, or multiple hard drives, knowing how fragile such things can be, or trust that the company will let you redownload your purchases forever.

Being able to do game by game back-ups on physical media by contrast, is actually pretty awesome.

Reactions: Allnamestakenlol
Wii U is so cool. I'm never selling mine.
As soon as the last game I own for it gets a port to another system, I'm probably just binning mine, and I still own an original Jaguar.

Even despite the incredibly low production numbers and dedicated fanbase of contrarians, the thing is pretty much worthless on the second hand market still.

As soon as the last game I own for it gets a port to another system, I'm probably just binning mine, and I still own an original Jaguar.

Even despite the incredibly low production numbers and dedicated fanbase of contrarians, the thing is pretty much worthless on the second hand market still.
It's a decent emulation machine. Though back when I tried Retroarch, it was a massive pain in the ass to use any controllers other than the gamepad. I wanted to play with NES Classic controller. Maybe they fixed it already.