Thread: Today and Tonight Tonight are the two best songs the Smashing Pumpkins ever made
Hard to chose. Melancholy was a vrwat album. What a unique band. They dont make em like they used to.

Corgan with hair lol

Disarm

Such a 90s sounding band. That tinge of being up beat but the sadness underneath it. Thats the 90s sound right there.

• Brain
Reactions: Kadayi
Hard to chose. Melancholy was a vrwat album. What a unique band. They dont make em like they used to.

Corgan with hair lol

Disarm

Such a 90s sounding band. That tinge of being up beat but the sadness underneath it. Thats the 90s sound right there.

Yeah, Smashing Pumpkins is definitely one of the bands that defines the 90s for me. Right up there with Nirvana, but with far more quality songs.

Whenever I want some 90s nostalgia, Smashing Pumpkins is one of my first go to bands.

Loved Smashing Pumpkins. Lot of memorable songs and I agree Tonight Tonight is one of their best.

RIP the 90s.

Reactions: Zefah
Their big hits were great, but they were also played so hard all over the radio and on MTV (back when MTV had music videos) that they are hard for me to listen to now. Some of their lesser known songs now seem better just because of not being overplayed.

I agree. Anything harder than some melonhead whispering into a microphone is too masculine for me. The songs are especially cromulent when watching your wife get penetrated or going on a new buttplug binge.

I’ve just never been a fan of the smashing pumpkins. I don’t think they’re a terrible band. I just think a lot of their stuff was forgettable for me.

I agree. Anything harder than some melonhead whispering into a microphone is too masculine for me. The songs are especially cromulent when watching your wife get penetrated or going on a new buttplug binge.

Big fan of REM I hear

do you like anything

Big fan of REM I hear
I’m superstitious about REM. I liked their early stuff, but every time I’d hear them or buy a new album of theirs, some awful shit would happen. I wrote them off as cursed and then felt a whole lot better about doing so when I found out what a disgusting pompous cunt Michael Stipe is.

Still, Life’s Rich Pageant and Eponymous are great records.

• Brain
Reactions: Dr. Farnsgoth
Yep 'Tonight Tonight' and '1979' are just beautiful songs. Billy is an odd guy, cant quite pin him down.

Billy Corgan's voice has always been like nails on a chalkboard to me for some reason. Not hating, I understand the man is incredibly talented, but this is a 'me' issue.

• Bacon
Reactions: and 3 others
Anyone recommend any of their material other than Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie? I liked a few songs on Machina, but haven't really listened to much of their other stuff.