Thread: Titanfall 2 hit a record player count on Steam thanks to Apex Legends and a sale

Mista

Fox Hound

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. PlayStation
  3. Nintendo
maxresdefault.jpg

In the last 24 hours, Titanfall 2 hit a new peak player count of 16,958 on Steam. Back at its launch on the store in June of 2020 it peaked at 13,427 players and had steadily dropped down to just a few thousand until midway through April.

That leap is thanks in part to a Steam sale that saw the price drop to $7.50, but Respawn's previous shooter has also seen a resurgence in interest thanks to their current shooter, Apex Legends.

You know I never played this game? I bought it and got super busy with work at the time and by the time I was freed up I had like three other games I wanted to play. I might pop this one in. I think I was perhaps convinced it would lean heavily on MP which I just don't dig on anymore. How's the SP game?

You know I never played this game? I bought it and got super busy with work at the time and by the time I was freed up I had like three other games I wanted to play. I might pop this one in. I think I was perhaps convinced it would lean heavily on MP which I just don't dig on anymore. How's the SP game?
One of the best single player campaigns in a FPS in recent years imo. Well worth a punt.

Reactions: HeresJohnny
I also bought it on Steam last year for a ridiculous price but never bothered loading it up. It went straight on the backlog! Still haven't tried Apex Legends yet, but I keep hearing good things about TF2, so I might as well give that a go before I dive into AL.

It's on Game Pass as well, so once I finish Wolfenstein Old Blood, I'll definitely give the campaign a go.

Well worth it, even if you ignore MP and play through the SP campaign.

Felt like a Half Life-tier game to me. Can't think of a single major complaint other than "I wish the campaign was longer"

Picked up a factory sealed copy of the Xbox One version for £5 a few weeks ago. I heard good things about the single player campaign (comparisons to HL2), so I just had to grab it when I saw it at that price. Haven't got an Xbox that can play it yet, but I'm happy that it's in my collection.