Mista

Fox Hound

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. PlayStation
  3. Nintendo

ACG-Gaming recently reported that, according to a reliable source, that the Metal Gear Solid IP is up for grabs in some way

ACG-Gaming also provided clarification on the source of this new Metal Gear Solid rumor, confirming that, so far, it has always provided accurate information.

The person who told me this, has been with me since Far Cry Primal leaks lol. And mostly has been right, from Bethesda moving to 0 day review code and this year to Death loop, Bloodlines, Dragons Dogma 2 leak, Xbox game boost work, and a couple more this year.

I was simply stating I had heard from a source, the same that informed of the Xbox boost the Death loop delay, Bloodlines, and the other stuff I had talked about as saying this happening and that Metal Gear ITSELF was in some way UP for grabs. Which then popped up in this discussion about Kojima(you guys SHOULD know I am not a huge Kojima follower as a person and don't work on personal leaks really ever as I find it a bit creepy)

That source has been reliable all this year so I said it. I don't have the time to really discuss bs so I don't repeat most. But they were right about the Bloodlines stuff the Deathloop stuff. So I figured it was worthy.

Reactions: 3liteDragon
Could be good, could be terrible. At least we got some movement of the franchise. I would really love to play Portable OPS with modern controls on the big screen, it has my favorite story in the franchise.

AC!D would be nice too.

Another point in favor of the Bluepoint remake...

Aside from that, though, just license it to Kojima. It’s business. Nothing should be personal. If he has his own crew and publisher, and is willing to assume the risk, there’s literally nobody better Konami could farm it out to. It’s a win/win for them.

I’m trying to think of anybody else that could handle the series outside of remakes, and I’m sure there’s some that can handle the technical spy play and base spy story stuff well enough, but can anyone duplicate the soul Kojima brought? The sheer personality, innovation in all aspects, and tone?

Reactions: Zefah
Give me Rising 2 god dammit

Another point in favor of the Bluepoint remake...

Aside from that, though, just license it to Kojima. It’s business. Nothing should be personal. If he has his own crew and publisher, and is willing to assume the risk, there’s literally nobody better Konami could farm it out to. It’s a win/win for them.

I’m trying to think of anybody else that could handle the series outside of remakes, and I’m sure there’s some that can handle the technical spy play and base spy story stuff well enough, but can anyone duplicate the soul Kojima brought? The sheer personality, innovation in all aspects, and tone?

I get the impression that Kojima does not want to work on MGS games anymore, and honestly I'm ready to see someone else's take on the franchise. As long as it's not

Prepare for something woke then.

When Konami started whoring out development of Silent hill to outside developers that's when SH went to shit. But in case of MGS, it could be a positive thing. To see a different, fresh studios take on mgs.
But I'd prefer they just leave the franchise alone. Just because it was succeseful doesn't mean it needs to have 90 games with mgs name plastered on them.

• 100%
Reactions: Mista
Eww outside developers have a poor history.

With Metal Gear? The Acid games were pretty well received and Rising was amazing, plus it managed to salvage what was left of Raiden’s character after MGS4.

Really the one true stinker was Survive, and that was an internal team.

With Metal Gear? The Acid games were pretty well received and Rising was amazing, plus it managed to salvage what was left of Raiden’s character after MGS4.

Really the one true stinker was Survive, and that was an internal team.

Survive was an internal team, i thought that was core Konami?