Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT| The Sky's the Limit - [Strong Internet Recommended]
Official Thread
OT
AJFCJaWe8Z5U2389EuDGqOQsQT53BY0So3349oyupyzO6Qeied3koGwSbijAQ0tINSM-6gu_jMivStW8d5h61ikvNQeZinnEpnZx2a_VsxGeEf12jQr_pmNaxSxcUN_rjELzH8LR2rA4Fg7L209sdTf22Q5p=w640-h1187-s-no

A @Zeta Dragoon & @Black Chamber OT.

AJFCJaWFcIY0HuytF8yLwFhXYQYuxjjaUJMx9guUDZrQR3COM9S9KSosq5aVQVQg1NF6nwN-xbLi73E6ytKYZRXvjWzQX-RNk_KWJVEUXSltqnvzSs45yUtKNy5CCtiFW-ZhJiywVIDL8W7QkV0LRIiL9hKE=w1082-h609-s-no
An epic adventure across the land and skies of Hyrule awaits in The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom for Nintendo Switch™. The adventure is yours to create in a world fueled by your imagination.

In this sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, you’ll decide your own path through the sprawling landscapes of Hyrule and the mysterious islands floating in the vast skies above. Can you harness the power of Link’s new abilities to fight back against the malevolent forces that threaten the kingdom?

AJFCJaVZPGHV39lDQHm63oH6ajbAuTD92SbiJZl6GevDEe4Vc3kHcvn8GwIGD1EE-B9t-iu_7XzkJs-lIpXc4WxGw4Z3Et2meruMp1Fe3CAqe0GFIUhMIWqSqP08IiYrsxTixGnRgwjRi8LdzfMvdhhl3DEE=w546-h872-s-no

AJFCJaWzLxpKeZf-ORjSixR4FtXEo3zGD7X2eXk84CkByM3OIGpPPWUeuaCc12UGCSEfDe1c_NZi-tSu_5TFglQiNbJSJnMrBlkbyc-EF9a9dHRvXFIO3-9CvQxBg9Lp1dTOFH_BakkTaUPsnL3cO9zjhCGU=w720-h1280-s-no
Director - Hidemaro Fujibayashi
Producer - Eiji Aonuma
Platforms:
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch Lite &
Nintendo Switch OLED
Supported Languages:
Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese​

Trailers
Trailers

Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - First Look Trailer - Nintendo E3 2019

Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - E3 2021 Teaser - Nintendo Direct

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Coming May 12th, 2023 – Nintendo Switch

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Official Trailer #2

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Official Trailer #3

Special Editions and Bundles
Special Editions and Bundles
AJFCJaUF4I5ZCmMJsEZv0MlmX9o8nUC4pSlV9ViTxujniTMbsqBW1rkCNwiCYOSX6pyRfTRez3uawiW6EKiVqHf5FgeGl4fteouw_Gdw7SHrVY8yPA7PqCpa3x1GKzscxYFiAcgg5Nu8aRRcwkYsS3yj6i6e=w1082-h609-s-no

AJFCJaVTlZUxdr2f-1m49OQhX7Z768mlpLS4ZC9alV4rkWP43TnUgmCDnGiG9bfiPbX8oPNisk5rdmU17yqC08GQ4DxF0BziLV4UkOwBykBd5ouSgkUGx6TB_9Qdt8DtOEAf6dmhfbo1rY5egJb49HXzmvpz=w1280-h720-s-no

This Collector's Edition comes with the game software, a SteelBook® game case, an ICONART™ poster, a pin set, and a hardcover art book.​

Nintendo Switch – OLED Model - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition The Nintendo Switch – OLED Model - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition system features a design inspired by the Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game, including the familiar Hylian Crest from the Legend of Zelda series on the front of the dock (game not included).

Nintendo Switch – OLED Model - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition
The Nintendo Switch – OLED Model - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition system features a design inspired by the Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game, including the familiar Hylian Crest from the Legend of Zelda series on the front of the dock (game not included).​

Glossy white dock with Hylian illustrations - On the surface of the glossy white dock, symbols featured in the Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game are displayed in gold along with the Hylian Crest.

Glossy white dock with Hylian illustrations
On the surface of the glossy white dock, symbols featured in the Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game are displayed in gold along with the Hylian Crest.​

Hardware with designs from the game - A mysterious pattern that appears throughout Hyrule decorates the back of the system.

Hardware with designs from the game
A mysterious pattern that appears throughout Hyrule decorates the back of the system.​

The included Joy-Con™ controllers feature the classic green and gold colors from the Legend of Zelda series along with symbols and patterns from the new game.

Joy-Con controllers
The included Joy-Con™ controllers feature the classic green and gold colors from the Legend of Zelda series along with symbols and patterns from the new game.

Nintendo News and Ask the Developer Volumes
Nintendo News and Ask the Developer Volumes

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Mr. Aonuma Gameplay Demonstration

Ask the Developer Vol. 9, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom—Part 1

Ask the Developer Vol. 9, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom—Part 2

Ask the Developer Vol. 9, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom—Part 3

Ask the Developer Vol. 9, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom—Part 4

Ask the Developer Vol. 9, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom—Part 5

The Prior Delay to 2023

Articles
Articles

Previews
Previews

Reviews
Reviews

AJFCJaVAek0gHrGj_p4kV-fMSoZfyVcU_VvWmay9lIBR_rL0HQJUrbDEnfVnfQqB0qXzUAs5uvAftNDi26cpmeB_93WALjdwQlkYKwwQ304i5m-lvER7qKFDk9T7jrnobLRlLS4-2XeGpaW3Q0FS88r476CK=w1280-h720-s-no

Great work @Zeta Dragoon and @Black Chamber.

k1i5ez.png

Must admit it took a while for the hype to hit for me but I pre-ordered and can’t wait to get cracking. Loved BOTW so much, and going back to it made me realise that even more of the same was very welcome. It it’s more than that, bonus!

Guess that answers my question from the pre-release thread a few minutes ago. They spoiled too much just covering the basics, it was practically impossible to review this without doing so. At least IGN mentioned it at the start. That "if that's still not enough for you" section of their review at the 5 min mark was a "Holy shit..." moment for me when I discovered it in game.

Reactions: Franky Family
The IGN review said it performs almost identical to the last game. I never had an issue with the last game so that is ok with me.

I played it at launch and there was noticeable frame pacing for me throughout the game. The double buffer vsync is still there from what i gathered, but it appears to be needed far less.

• Brain
Reviews are SUPER strong. Hell yea!

Only thing that sucks is that Amazon is not gonna give me my copy til tomorrow afternoon.

• Strength
Reviews are SUPER strong. Hell yea!

Only thing that sucks is that Amazon is not gonna give me my copy til tomorrow afternoon.

Yep. My order has been in "Preparing to ship" since Tuesday at least. I was hoping that maybe it would accidentally go out the door early and be out for delivery today. Not gonna happen. Now I just hope it doesn't take till EOD tomorrow to arrive... how badly do I really want a wall scroll?? I know I could probably just drive to the store and get it off the shelf first thing tomorrow morning. 😖

Reactions: Arkam
I was definitely not expecting the review scores to come in this high. Great to hear about the polish and performance consistency.

It's interesting to see the mismatch between reviews and people who had supposedly seen or played leaked copies of the game. Not sure I trust either side there.

I am sure such a high score makes the game a little overrated (same as Elden Ring) but will check it out for myself.

• This tbh
Reactions: Fushitsusha
I was definitely not expecting the review scores to come in this high. Great to hear about the polish and performance consistency.

I'd hold off on the "POLISH" bit, IGN AND GAMESPOT have both stated it's only 30FPS and has DIPS in performance, which should not exist in a 30 fps game.

Shameful that DF is giving them an easy pass on the 20 FPS dips "feels like an old school..." what bullshit.

The game looks very muddy, and it has dips... these are all things that Nintendo knew would happen as the dips happen when the guy cut down a tree near other trees...