Thread: The D-Pad thread of Manly Men of Gaming

GreyHorace

Let us celebrate true examples of Manliness in gaming. Soyboy Manlets and Pretty Boys need not apply.

VHCdPyv.jpeg

Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption 2)

1172246fef901ad94c723110160be1ff.jpg

Jin Sakai (Ghost of Tsushima)

d8u8vpp-1cde4213-b02a-4b32-91a6-8ee19a0fb5e3.png

Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher series)

441854da83274e9cafdaa711cfb53318--the-impossible-mass-effect.jpg

Commander Shepard (Mass Effect series)

a-way-out-gen-packart.jpg

Vincent Moretti and Leo Caruso (A Way Out)

main-qimg-633682a14450e2b4658e9d9003747ec9

Kratos (God of War series)

KazumaKiryu.jpg

Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza series)

Post your manly examples here if you can.

Last edited:
I already beat it once at launch on PS4, but I've been playing the PC version again lately. Just a few hours in (still dicking around in Valentine).
Oh. I was afraid you weren't very far into it, because I wouldn't call Arthur a good dude. He's very much a bad guy like he often tells people he meets. But what makes him so likable is his obvious remorse at the terrible things he does and the way he redeems himself in the end right before he dies.

He's the greatest protagonist Rockstar Games have created IMO.

Oh. I was afraid you weren't very far into it, because I wouldn't call Arthur a good dude. He's very much a bad guy like he often tells people he meets. But what makes him so likable is his obvious remorse at the terrible things he does and the way he redeems himself in the end right before he dies.

He's the greatest protagonist Rockstar Games have created IMO.

For sure. You can play him to be a bit more evil if you want to, but to be honest, given the setting and the era, he's a pretty good dude from my perspective.

Reactions: GreyHorace
Let us celebrate true examples of Manliness in gaming. Soyboy Manlets and Pretty Boys need not apply.

VHCdPyv.jpeg

Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption 2)

1172246fef901ad94c723110160be1ff.jpg

Jin Sakai (Ghost of Tsushima)

d8u8vpp-1cde4213-b02a-4b32-91a6-8ee19a0fb5e3.png

Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher series)

441854da83274e9cafdaa711cfb53318--the-impossible-mass-effect.jpg

Commander Shepard (Mass Effect series)

a-way-out-gen-packart.jpg

Vincent Moretti and Leo Caruso (A Way Out)

main-qimg-633682a14450e2b4658e9d9003747ec9

Kratos (God of War series)

KazumaKiryu.jpg

Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza series)

Post your manly examples here if you can.
There is a certain homo erotic quality to this selection of images with those poses and gazes, mate...

There is a certain homo erotic quality to this selection of images with those poses and gazes, mate...
Nothing homo about it. We men can certainly appreciate the finer qualities of masculinity without being weird about it.

Unless you want me to be a soyboy feminist like Marvel writer Daniel Kibblesmith?

5680775-3723223254-autho.jpg

Who was intimidated by how the 90's superhero team the New Warriors was depicted:

New-Warriors-Mark-Bagley-Cover.jpg

That he made his own version.

NEWWAR2020001_cvr-1.jpg

Unfortunately. One of the most underrated games in my opinion.
Nah, it isn't underrated, it is pretty average and there are plenty of better games. The same goes for Killer is Dead and Lollipop Chainsaw. Out of these three though Lollipop Chainsaw is the best mostly thanks to the great music selection of 50s-80s music which really makes the game memorable. Suda 51 is a special person and I do enjoy his very eccentric video games but I can see why the average consoomer doesn't.

• Brain
Reactions: Kadayi
Nah, it isn't underrated, it is pretty average and there are plenty of better games. The same goes for Killer is Dead and Lollipop Chainsaw. Out of these three though Lollipop Chainsaw is the best mostly thanks to the great music selection of 50s-80s music which really makes the game memorable. Suda 51 is a special person and I do enjoy his very eccentric video games but I can see why the average consoomer doesn't.

Yeah his games aren't that appealing to the average consumer. I have a controversial opinion about Shadows of the Damned, but there's another thread for it.

Ah, who could forget papa NieR:

Nier_ps_3_cover_art.jpg

The better take on the character in my opinion. Just a big gruff kind of awkward dumbass trying to do everything he can for his daughter.

Reactions: Yawnson