Thread: Scars above
Returnal of Resident Raider.
Could be good. Looks a little low budget but some more polish, it could have potential.

Reactions: Zefah
Returnal of Resident Raider.
Could be good. Looks a little low budget but some more polish, it could have potential.

Yeah, when I read the synopsis I instantly thought of Returnal, though this clearly isn't swimming in that sort of budget. Could be a solid B game, but definitely needs some serious work. Not the least on the UI, and character movement.

Reactions: and 3 others
Looks like my kinda game. Thanks for posting this.

My pleasure. The whole point of this site is for everyone to come to it and find the stuff that doesn't necessarily make the big waves. Albeit there's Ubsosoft forward and Devolver Digital later on today which Mista will be covering. There's also going to be a couple of indie showcases beforehand (Guerrilla Collective Part 2 and Wholesome Direct) which I'll be watching and posting up threads/trailers from.

I watched the whole prime matter stream, it was unbearable and this was one of the worst in show. First off there was no trailer, it just showed random bits of gameplay for way too long. The VA sucked. The game reeked of being cheap. No one in chat was saying anything good about it, only some white knights telling people to stop being mean. Lastly they talked for like 20 minutes with a developer and no one cared.

• 100%
Reactions: Kadayi
I watched the whole prime matter stream, it was unbearable and this was one of the worst in show. First off there was no trailer, it just showed random bits of gameplay for way too long. The VA sucked. The game reeked of being cheap. No one in chat was saying anything good about it, only some white knights telling people to stop being mean. Lastly they talked for like 20 minutes with a developer and no one cared.

Yeah, it was pretty terrible (I told them so on Twitter). I think they have some games in their roster with potential but that entire format was a huge mistake. A bunch of largely overlong developer interviews coupled with little if any gameplay, coupled with some wholly unnecessary 'How Great is it to be on Prime Matters' twaddle as if anyone watching fucking cares. We came for Gameplay reveals. The Icelandic one, in particular, was hilarious as they went on a lot about motion capture and showed absolutely nothing about the game. Seems I wasn't alone with my criticism. Hopefully, they won't repeat the same mistake in future.

Also and it's not necessarily a criticism of Prime Matters reveals entirely, but Female protag seems to be a common thing in terms of a lot of the games on show. Possibly to the point of saturation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯