Thread: Returnal Ray Tracing and 60FPS 4K Resolution Support Announced

Mista

Fox Hound

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. PlayStation
  3. Nintendo
returnal-wallpaper.jpg

The developer have confirmed that the game will feature ray tracing with 60 frames per second frame rate at 4K resolution.

The discovery was made by Twitter user Heisenreborn, who shared photos from the PlayStation Portugal MODU PlayStation show that confirms that these enhancements will be available for the game.

Returnal PS5 features:

• Fast loading: Jump through portals between worlds with the PS5™ system’s ultra-high speed SSD. Get back into the action with near-instant load speeds that won’t leave you waiting to restart after you die.
  • Adaptive triggers: Switch instinctively between firing modes by using a single adaptive trigger – go straight from aiming down sights to your gun’s alternative fire.
  • Haptic feedback: Sense in-game actions big and small – while exploring fragments of Selene’s memories, or when firing visceral alien weapons.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Hear the action from every direction in 3D Audio – bullets flying past you, enemies circling overhead, or unseen foes creeping up behind you.

It's cool if there are some raytraced elements in the game, but it doesn't sell the game more for me or anything. I can't wait for the day when we get fully ray traced games, don't get me wrong.

Also, I'm getting really fucking pumped for this. More than I thought I would. I snagged a preorder on the sony direct site, which I never really do. I just wanted a new type of game after all the open worlds I've been going through lately. This fit the bill. And now I'm finding out it might actually be good!

Reactions: Arc
Honestly, this game looks fucking great.

Exactly how I would imaging a twin-stick shooter would work in 3D. Love the visuals and the contrast of the super-bright colours over the grey setting. Buttery smooth 60FPS action and a marked visual step-up from the previous gen in terms of textures and effects. As a XSS and Switch owner, I hope it does well on PS5 and sells well. Healthy competition is the best kind of competition.

Also hope it comes to PC eventually tomcruiselaugh.jpg.