Thread: Wrist Watches |OT| Time Is Money
Official Thread
59983643-10990937-image-a-126_1657190858303.jpg

World's thinnest mechanical watch is unveiled: $1.8 million RM UP-01 Ferrari is thinner than a 10p coin - and beats out Bulgari's record-setting design by just 0.05mm

Great engineering but this is....

one-ugly.gif

20220707-185430.jpg

My coworker gifted me her old Samsung Gear S3 Frontier today... my first smart watch

So far so cool 😎 👌

Will go nice with my Samsung phone, tablet, and television

#SamsungGang

Anyone who knows me knows that a Field watch is my absolute favorite kind of watch, and the new Tudor Ranger re-release looks amazing. The only issue is that it's 39 mm and that just might be too small for my wrist, but if it looks good on wrist I'm buying this. At $2950 it's a damn steal, especially with that fucking cracking bracelet, which compares favorably with most high end dive watch bracelets.

Anyone who knows me knows that a Field watch is my absolute favorite kind of watch, and the new Tudor Ranger re-release looks amazing. The only issue is that it's 39 mm and that just might be too small for my wrist, but if it looks good on wrist I'm buying this. At $2950 it's a damn steal, especially with that fucking cracking bracelet, which compares favorably with most high end dive watch bracelets.

Looking good, I like the red highlight in the seconds hand. But the design is a bit too simple and plain for me, not exciting enough for my taste.

Reactions: HeresJohnny
Some sexy new stuff arrived. I really like the new Breitling SuperOcean 42:

I especially like the blue one, but there's a good amount of colors and styles for different tastes.

a17375e71c1s1-superocean-automatic-42-on-wrist.png

Some sexy new stuff arrived. I really like the new Breitling SuperOcean 42:

I especially like the blue one, but there's a good amount of colors and styles for different tastes.

a17375e71c1s1-superocean-automatic-42-on-wrist.png

I especially like the second one. One of these days I have to check out the Breitling store here, but I know when I buy another diver, it’s going to be either the SMP300 Black Black or this:

This might be my favorite green watch, the Oris Aquis New York Harbor Limited Edition 42mm, 2.7k, limited to 2,000 pieces.

oris-aquis-nyc-harbor7sj9r.jpg
oris-aquis-new-york-h98k7t.jpg
oris-aquis-nyc-harbort3kdr.jpg

Love that thing. If I'd have the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

This might be my favorite green watch, the Oris Aquis New York Harbor Limited Edition 42mm, 2.7k, limited to 2,000 pieces.

oris-aquis-nyc-harbor7sj9r.jpg
oris-aquis-new-york-h98k7t.jpg
oris-aquis-nyc-harbort3kdr.jpg

Love that thing. If I'd have the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
It manages to pull of the abalone type dial pretty spectacularly. I hate the strap, though. Having to display the brand so boldly comes off as insecure to me. I don't like it when companies try to make me into a banner. I remember coming to the realization that Tommy Hilfiger had turned me into a walking ad sometime in the late 90s and swore off bold name placement. Oris does make some amazing pieces and the watch itself is beautiful.

Reactions: regawdless
It manages to pull of the abalone type dial pretty spectacularly. I hate the strap, though. Having to display the brand so boldly comes off as insecure to me. I don't like it when companies try to make me into a banner. I remember coming to the realization that Tommy Hilfiger had turned me into a walking ad sometime in the late 90s and swore off bold name placement. Iris does make some amazing pieces and the watch itself is beautiful.

That watch, with the strap like this one = watchgasm.

87736512.jpg

• This tbh
That watch, with the strap like this one = watchgasm.

87736512.jpg
It also comes on a bracelet and looks fantastic:

And I totally agree, Hamilton has some of the best straps in the biz (especially textile). SO GOOD.

• Love

Just picked one of these up. Casio must've gotten smart and made more of them this year, because every prior NASA release sold out in minutes. I love everything about this watch: I love the color, I love that it's a 5610, which is pretty much the perfect Square (solar, MB6), and I love the NASA worm logo. It's a limited edition so act fast if you want one; I don't expect them to last much longer.

• Love

Gotta agree with Federico on Tudor. Tudor is a fantastic watch with luxury fit and finish at a reasonable price for the luxury market; Rolex is simply overpriced and unavailable. Tudor is what Rolex used to be, and that's where I diverge with him a bit -- sure there's hype, but it's well justified. People like Tudor because you can actually find the model you like for sale. With Rolex, just becoming lucky enough to have the funds to buy one isn't enough, oh no -- now you've got to blow an authorized dealer once a week for a year to have a chance at one. It's just such a tiring fucking game Rolex has played, and it's pissed a fair number of people off, myself included, so we've moved on and started giving Rolex's money to other companies that want it more.

Just picked one of these up. Casio must've gotten smart and made more of them this year, because every prior NASA release sold out in minutes. I love everything about this watch: I love the color, I love that it's a 5610, which is pretty much the perfect Square (solar, MB6), and I love the NASA worm logo. It's a limited edition so act fast if you want one; I don't expect them to last much longer.

Make sure to post some impressions once you receive it. Looks damn nice, like it a lot. Being solar powered is a great feature.

• Love

Gotta agree with Federico on Tudor. Tudor is a fantastic watch with luxury fit and finish at a reasonable price for the luxury market; Rolex is simply overpriced and unavailable. Tudor is what Rolex used to be, and that's where I diverge with him a bit -- sure there's hype, but it's well justified. People like Tudor because you can actually find the model you like for sale. With Rolex, just becoming lucky enough to have the funds to buy one isn't enough, oh no -- now you've got to blow an authorized dealer once a week for a year to have a chance at one. It's just such a tiring fucking game Rolex has played, and it's pissed a fair number of people off, myself included, so we've moved on and started giving Rolex's money to other companies that want it more.

I prefer Tudor to Rolex, no matter the availability. I like their design more and they do really high quality stuff for a "good" price. Have yet to purchase one, but my father in law had a lot of Tudors and I tested them for a few days, pretty amazing watches.

• 100%
Tudor released a 39mm version of the Pelagos, the 42mm version is still being sold. For me, 42mm is perfect, but for many, 39mm is the sweet spot. Still a damn nice looking watch that has been on my radar for a long time.

L1010373.jpg

L1310763.jpg

L1010385.jpg

Tudor released a 39mm version of the Pelagos, the 42mm version is still being sold. For me, 42mm is perfect, but for many, 39mm is the sweet spot. Still a damn nice looking watch that has been on my radar for a long time.

L1010373.jpg

L1310763.jpg

L1010385.jpg

42 for me as well. Sub-40 begins to look like a ladies watch on my wrist; that’s why I sold my Explorer. Tudor is to me the best value in the entry level luxury market. The Pelagos is beautiful too; look at that blue dial, just stunning.

• 100%

@HeresJohnny

Hamilton Releases The Khaki Navy Scuba Auto Syroco Special Edition - 825€​

Hamilton_Khaki_Navy_Scuba_Syroco_Special_Edition_H82385340_Lifestyle_4_13664.jpg

Hamilton_Khaki_Navy_Scuba_Syroco_Special_Edition_H82385340_Lifestyle_1_13670.jpg

Not your typical Hamilton. What do you think of it?
I am a sucker for a splash of orange (I just bought the new Benchmade TaggedOut because it is orange) so this watch seems made for me. I really don’t like overstated things with big proclamations of what they are, so the band would have to go, which is odd because generally speaking, I think Hamilton has the best overall straps in the business (I bought the SoL partially because of the absolutely epic etched strap it has lol). But yeah, the watch itself I think is awesome. Hamilton has been absolutely killing it with the Khaki line.

EDIT: I will say that the blue band makes the whole watch pop.
EDIT: kind of disappointed that it’s only 100m water resistant, but not a deal breaker for me; I don’t ever go diving anyway lol
EDIT: $745 is a great price, Hamilton has been edging towards $1k on a lot of their offerings, so that value when people feel their money is not stretching as far these days might help it too.

Last edited:

I‘ve been seriously eyeing the Intramatic Panda. I’ve been on a bit of a chrono kick lately, and this watch is just beautiful. The only knock against it is how thick it is, which is why I’d choose the mechanical over the auto.

I‘ve been seriously eyeing the Intramatic Panda. I’ve been on a bit of a chrono kick lately, and this watch is just beautiful. The only knock against it is how thick it is, which is why I’d choose the mechanical over the auto.

Nice, but I like this model better, more classic panda colors.

h38416711_lifestyle3.jpg

so I wanna buy a new watch and I don't know shit about watches. I want something for outdoor / tactical / military watch. The khaki one was interesting. No smartwatch shit if possible. and no metal watch strap.

The hamilton khaki watch looks amazing but it's mechanical :(

Need something solar powered or automatic that I don't have to take care of and it's not dependant on batteries.

Watched like 50 reviews and a lot of people are recommending the 'suunto core' or similar watches or different g-shocks like rangemaster, mudmaster and so on..

If you guys have any recommendations :)

so I wanna buy a new watch and I don't know shit about watches. I want something for outdoor / tactical / military watch. The khaki one was interesting. No smartwatch shit if possible. and no metal watch strap.

Need something solar powered or automatic that I don't have to take care of and it's not dependant on batteries.

Watched like 50 reviews and a lot of people are recommending the 'suunto core' or similar watches or different g-shocks like rangemaster, mudmaster and so on..

What's your price range?

Hamilton Khaki comes in Auto as well. It would be my pick for you.

Stay away from any G shocks with second hands — they have a problem and many times will stick and the whole module has to be replaced. The Suunto Core is nice, but if I was gonna buy one digital watch it would be a g shock GW5000. It literally does everything, assuming you aren’t wanting ABC functions (in that case, go with a Rangeman).

Rolex price index hits 18 month low. Still trading higher than retail, but a sign of things to come? Milgauss now trading at less than retail.

Will be interesting to see the development. Can go either way. People selling their watches because they need the money. Or investing even more because they need to invest.

• This tbh

Teddy Baldassarre predicting Rolex to continue shedding value. Like he says, I agree that this is a good thing (if it actually happens) because enthusiasts (people who actually want these watches to wear and not scalpers or investors) are going to begin getting calls from ADs saying they have models available. There's a side of me that wants to see Rolex punished for its requirement to engage in essentially drug dealing when they were on fire but I doubt that things will get that crazy. Is it true that the Hulk was around 45k a few years ago and now it's around 18k? If so, that is outright correction territory.

• Strength

Rolex gets into the second hand market. I could see this being shitty or really cool. Will Rolex dictate how much an AD can charge? If so, it might change the market completely. Glad I held off on buying that Explorer II.

• Shocked

More speculation on what Rolex’s CPO program could mean. Pretty exciting, although I hate to get my hopes up as Rolex has been decidedly anti-consumer for years and my cynical side says that they saw the gray market and just wanted a slice of the pie. Still, it’s going to be a hard sale for them if someone walks into a store and a 3 year old Rolex with a two year warranty costs more than the brand new one under the same roof with a 5 year warranty.

Either way, I’m glad I held off on any Rolex purchases. Shit’s about to get interesting and regardless of which direction Rolex goes, the gray market will respond and this could end up being a win across the board for consumers and not all the bitch ass flippers who have shit the market up.

• 100%

More speculation on what Rolex’s CPO program could mean. Pretty exciting, although I hate to get my hopes up as Rolex has been decidedly anti-consumer for years and my cynical side says that they saw the gray market and just wanted a slice of the pie. Still, it’s going to be a hard sale for them if someone walks into a store and a 3 year old Rolex with a two year warranty costs more than the brand new one under the same roof with a 5 year warranty.

Either way, I’m glad I held off on any Rolex purchases. Shit’s about to get interesting and regardless of which direction Rolex goes, the gray market will respond and this could end up being a win across the board for consumers and not all the bitch ass flippers who have shit the market up.

One things for sure - Rolex has the goal to make more money. Curious how the situation develops. I made some good money with used Rolex watches, let's see if that'll be possible in the future.

• This tbh
Just picked up another Hamilton lol:

H70575733

Macy's was having a 25% off sale and I had a $250 gift card so I figured what the hell. Can't open it until Christmas. I'll try to post some pics then.

• Love
Just picked up another Hamilton lol:

H70575733

Macy's was having a 25% off sale and I had a $250 gift card so I figured what the hell. Can't open it until Christmas. I'll try to post some pics then.

That's a really nice one, I dig it. I like PVD coated watches in general - but never bought one because I'm always worried about the wear. You see the scratches etc. pretty fast.

Had this one in the shopping card some years ago but didn't do it in the end.

20170308_003407.jpg

So I finally got to open my Speedy. LOVE IT. It’s such a versatile watch; I feel like I could wear it with anything. It looks great on the calfskin deployan, but I also got the OEM bracelet as well. I feel like I’m wearing something that serves my needs really well while also being a part of history.

So now the question is: which will be my next Omega? Will it be the Planet Ocean Orange bezel? Or the Aqua Terra polar? The Aqua Terra is around a grand cheaper, and I feel it’s more versatile for every day wear, but the PO is fucking so gorgeous…. Ah well, it won’t be happening any time soon, but you need to have a plan.

• Love
So I finally got to open my Speedy. LOVE IT. It’s such a versatile watch; I feel like I could wear it with anything. It looks great on the calfskin deployan, but I also got the OEM bracelet as well. I feel like I’m wearing something that serves my needs really well while also being a part of history.

So now the question is: which will be my next Omega? Will it be the Planet Ocean Orange bezel? Or the Aqua Terra polar? The Aqua Terra is around a grand cheaper, and I feel it’s more versatile for every day wear, but the PO is fucking so gorgeous…. Ah well, it won’t be happening any time soon, but you need to have a plan.

Congrats! But..... Pics or didn't happen ;)

The PO is very sporty and good looking, but keep in mind that it's a really fat fucker.