Thread: The Callisto Protocol |OT| Deceased Cosmos / Tight Space
Hype Thread
Official Thread
Started the game up. Beautiful game, but its tanking my 3080. Turned resolution scaling down to 75 percent and its been okay so far. Also experienced two crashes :/ Not a good first impression, but hopefully that will be the end of it.

• Triggered
Reactions: VFX_Veteran
If it stutters at dodging and jump scares is it really shader compilation? Seems like some Denuvo issue that happened to Resident Evil 8.

No. It stutters all the time when something new happens. If you replay the section, stutter is gone. It's shader compilation fuckery 100%.

• Brain
Reactions: HE1NZ
I’m a pretty forgiving person, but the bad PC ports are getting fucking old. This stuttering shit is a problem that needs to be addressed asap. COD figured it out already developers need to take notes.

Reactions: Out On You
To be fair I don't think we can put the blame on this one at AMDs feet, it would be a bit like blaming Nvidia for Cyperpunk's launch mess because they sponsored it.

Although I agree whatever AMD engineers either worked on or oversaw the RT implementation (Did they?) should have caught that RT shadow bug. Maybe they flagged it but CP needed to hit their deadline so it was left on the "TODO" pile for patching, who knows.

All AMD sponsored titles so far had way worse RT than Nvidia sponsored titles, because they can't go all out because it'll make their cards look bad, and Nvidia are simply more competent with RT. Yes, AMD offered close support with the RT, they even did a video about their great cooperation. The shadows in this game don't seem like a bug, just very low res. Look at the last Far Cry and how AMD gimped the RT. While even in Cyberpunk, the RT was very good. Looked great and thanks to DLSS, ran good as well. I had a great experience on PC at launch.

Dunno if we can blame AMD for the compilation stutters. But I'd imagine Nvidia going nuts if one of their sponsored games would run like this. Not saying Nvidia has a perfect track record with their sponsoring, we all remember Arkham Knight.

In Callisto, RT shadows introduce a ton of shimmering and noise, if you add FSR at non 4k resolution, it adds another layer of noise. At 1440p, DLSS does a way better job.

That said, the game does look great overall and the RT reflections on high look very very good, top of the class.

Sorry for the pc bros. Game is flawless on PS5 and holy fuck is the game hard. It almost reminds me of being roguish. I die a fucking lot. I understand why many reviewers cried about it. I fucking love it. Let’s see how I feel in another 6 hours.

Games not perfect. I’ve had a few issues with were the game saves but nothing game breaking. I would argue the game was reviewed extra harsh for some reasons. Also story is kind of non existent….. not sure how far I’ve made it…. Maybe I am just going slow.

Also story is kind of non existent….. not sure how far I’ve made it…. Maybe I am just going slow.
Between this and some reviewers saying it isn't scary I am fucking baffled. If the game is only 12 hours or so how do you fuck up the narrative and horror so badly.

• Brain
Reactions: Zeta Dragoon
This game is like a horror movie if Michael Bay directed it lol
I would say Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space 2 fit that, but I'm not sure hes directed anything on their level even if Armageddon is one of my favorite Blockbusters and the Rock still holds up.

I’m a pretty forgiving person, but the bad PC ports are getting fucking old. This stuttering shit is a problem that needs to be addressed asap. COD figured it out already developers need to take notes.
It's mostly UE4 or DX12 games. Devs should just move on to something else if this is going to keep happening.

People used to say it was a transition period and that devs would figure it out but that doesn't seem to be the case, what is surprising now is when a game doesn't have this sort of issues on PC.

Started the game up. Beautiful game, but its tanking my 3080. Turned resolution scaling down to 75 percent and its been okay so far. Also experienced two crashes :/ Not a good first impression, but hopefully that will be the end of it.
Took the game back for a refund. I can't understand why the company would release this game in the shit condition it's in.

All AMD sponsored titles so far had way worse RT than Nvidia sponsored titles, because they can't go all out because it'll make their cards look bad, and Nvidia are simply more competent with RT. Yes, AMD offered close support with the RT, they even did a video about their great cooperation. The shadows in this game don't seem like a bug, just very low res. Look at the last Far Cry and how AMD gimped the RT. While even in Cyberpunk, the RT was very good. Looked great and thanks to DLSS, ran good as well. I had a great experience on PC at launch.

Dunno if we can blame AMD for the compilation stutters. But I'd imagine Nvidia going nuts if one of their sponsored games would run like this. Not saying Nvidia has a perfect track record with their sponsoring, we all remember Arkham Knight.

In Callisto, RT shadows introduce a ton of shimmering and noise, if you add FSR at non 4k resolution, it adds another layer of noise. At 1440p, DLSS does a way better job.

That said, the game does look great overall and the RT reflections on high look very very good, top of the class.
Game doesn't support DLSS.

Game doesn't support DLSS.

I know, I'm playing it. I was saying that in general, FSR works best with 4k and in it's highest quality setting. If you go 1440p and lower FSR quality settings, it gets worse. While DLSS is pretty good even at lower res and at balanced or even performance settings. On top of that, DLSS gives you more fps than FSR. I wish this game had DLSS so I could use it.

I'm just under the 2-hour mark and i asked for a refund. Frequent crashes, stuttering, and poor performance with a 3080. DX 11 seems to be more stable, but then you miss out on all the Ray Tracing and that makes a huge visual difference to the game. The game has a lot of jump scares and gore, but it's not really a scary game. Maybe i will give it another try down the road if the game gets patched up.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Nobody

"Some users"
image.png

Can someone confirm that the Dualsense rumble and adaptive feature shit are supported here on PC?

I'm watching the SkillUp review. He's going deeper into how melee combat actually works. Nah, this doesn't sound good at all. The design of how it works sounds completely baffling even in concept.

Here is a timestamp to where he starts talking about it:

I'm watching the SkillUp review. He's going deeper into how melee combat actually works. Nah, this doesn't sound good at all. The design of how it works sounds completely baffling even in concept.

Damn, that's some broken shit. Still looks kinda satisfying.

edit: Never mind, watched a bit more to see the part about encounters with multiple enemies. Fuck this game, lol.

• Triggered

Damn this game has to be the biggest disappointment for 2022. Literally horrible.

Reactions: Zefah

Lol, this is the same as block in MG Rising. Just press forward and you are invincible.

• Funny
Reactions: Zefah
People, just play SIGNALIS. Same energy but it:
1) works
2) has a great story
3) has great characters
4) has an intriguing and extremely oppressive (depressing) lore
5) all guns are REALLY loud (first time I used the shotgun I almost jumped from my seat)

6) and oh yeah, it is futuro-1980s East Germany themed. That is a pretty unique aesthetic.

Can someone confirm that the Dualsense rumble and adaptive feature shit are supported here on PC?
Not sure.

The game certainly treated my PS5 controller like an Xbox Series X Controller via Steam.

There's really no excuse in 2022 for games to not to be able to automatically detect gamepads and load the appropriate icons.

• 100%
Reactions: regawdless