Thread: OT | Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Official Thread

HariSeldon

Cat Tailor/Amateur Rapper
Platforms
  1. PC
  2. Nintendo
49Big90.png

Explore what is for me one of Nintendo's finest works, a game that was previously stuck in Wii U purgatory destined to only be played by people running emulators, finally out on the Nintendo Switch.

Reviews

I just reached World 7 (Castle) on my Switch playthrough. Already beat the Wii U version to death.

Since all characters received a bit of a speed boost, Toad is near-uncontrollably fast, which is amazing.

vjCDeL3.gif

Haven't dabbled w Bowser's Fury yet.

Reactions: Rock And Roll
Think I'm on World 5 - had a bit of a break and focused on retro of late but 3D World is bloody brilliant. Bowser's Fury is actually pretty damn good, for some reason I get Sunshine vibes from it but without the shit water-spraying mechanic (@Arc is gonna kill me for dissing Sunshine).

• Funny
Reactions: Arc
I've been playing through the game slowly as Toad for the added challenge and can confirm he's an absolute nightmare to control. Most of my deaths are due to how he handles.

Such a great game though, I got rid of my Wii U years ago so I haven't had the opportunity to play 3D World in years and I forgot what a great job Nintendo did with this one. It's like they took what made the 2D games so special and put them into a 3D game.

Reactions: HariSeldon
I've been playing through the game slowly as Toad for the added challenge and can confirm he's an absolute nightmare to control. Most of my deaths are due to how he handles.

Such a great game though, I got rid of my Wii U years ago so I haven't had the opportunity to play 3D World in years and I forgot what a great job Nintendo did with this one. It's like they took what made the 2D games so special and put them into a 3D game.

Absolutely - they nailed it completely. You should check out 3D Land on the 3DS btw which is on a similar theme and is utterly brilliant too. Nintendo are clever bastards.

I love the ideas in this game! First time playing it and having loads of fun

The thing with Nintendo is that they'll get an idea that is so brilliant most would build a whole game around it and they'll just use it for a couple of levels and then on to the next great idea, because they're so fucking confident in their brilliance. It's extraordinary.