Thread: Parenting |OT| It's the shit. And vomit.
Official Thread
IMG_6766.jpg

And now He Man

At one point he screamed in my face basically non-stop for half an hour.

If you can cauterize your reaction to the screaming, you're pretty much good. I can't think of anything more unbearable than the baby-screaming (outside of trauma / accidents) so if you can grit your teeth and bear it, not much else can tilt you.

• 100%
Reactions: Nada
If you can cauterize your reaction to the screaming, you're pretty much good. I can't think of anything more unbearable than the baby-screaming (outside of trauma / accidents) so if you can grit your teeth and bear it, not much else can tilt you.
Yeah tbh I kept my cool - Mrs was stressed so I took him out of the room and tried all my various tricks to calm him down - got him calm enough for boob after a good long scream and all was well.

Isaac has just done a 10 second fart that almost certainly isn’t a fart. It’s my turn to change the nappy. Pray for me.

• Strength
Reactions: regawdless
Isaac has just done a 10 second fart that almost certainly isn’t a fart. It’s my turn to change the nappy. Pray for me.

When they're only consuming milk, it's really not that bad.

Once they get their first teeth and start eating real food - then it becomes truly smelly.

When they're only consuming milk, it's really not that bad.

Once they get their first teeth and start eating real food - then it becomes truly smelly.
The smell isn’t the issue - the korma everywhere is. Also I miss the green poo - that was so easy, it never stuck to him.

That poo was not the one. The next one was.

It was spectacular. Cuddling, felt a disturbance in the force, decided to investigate. Lots of poo, all over the nappy and all over him. Then the poocano starts. It just keeps firing out and won’t stop. I’m trying to keep it in the nappy, it’s just about happening, no clothes stained yet, and then of course the piss fountain comes. Clothes soaked, I admit defeat, everything off, and clear the wreckage. That was traumatic.

• Funny
Back to work today and it sucks balls. Still, got to introduce Isaac in morning meetings which was nice, and he's proved to be super popular. Honestly I adore the little guy. Likely I'll borrow him during meetings to give the wife a break, and to make the meetings more fun, since I don't need my hands generally. More cuddle time is always welcome.

• Love
Reactions: DonDonDonPata
Back to work today and it sucks balls. Still, got to introduce Isaac in morning meetings which was nice, and he's proved to be super popular. Honestly I adore the little guy. Likely I'll borrow him during meetings to give the wife a break, and to make the meetings more fun, since I don't need my hands generally. More cuddle time is always welcome.

In one of my former work places we had that one Iron Lady. The company was divided into four smaller companies, with their own General Managers. Those four seasoned dudes had to report to her. She was extremely sharp and efficient.
So she gets pregnant, doesn't skip one day of work, gives birth, one week later - back in the job. While often taking care of the baby at the same time. It was insane.

Bath time was fun. Shat in the bath, quickly got him out to change the water, he pissed on the towel, then when I was cleaning him up he did a big worrying fart and all I had left to use was a cotton wool pad - positioned it by his bum to catch the inevitable poo - caught more of it than I expected, but some ended up on the replacement towel, eventually got him cleaned and into the bath to remove the piss and shit. Definitely an adventure.

• Funny
Got a daughter myself. She all grown up now and at college. It's a damn hard job, rewarding a lot of the times but then will have you at breaking point a minute later 🤣

I was so proud when she said on her own accord that tik tok was full of idiots plus she isn't into all that SJW crap so there's hope yet lads.

One thing's for sure from what I've read from all of your posts, is that everyone in this group will make great fathers!

Isaac is really getting some distance on his poo now. Wife beat me by about a week but I had my first experience of being projectile shat on. It was quite something - surprisingly warm! I will now be taking safety measures including wearing an apron and putting a towel down on the carpet around the changing table to catch any flying diarrhoea.

Aside from the cuteness.. the wife has been wearing me down somewhat. Honestly, if hormones are as bad as women claim we should absolutely never let them be in charge of anything, ever. If that's not the case then it's performative. Personally I think there's at least an element of the latter - they're told they'll be hormonal and emotional and men are told they're not allowed to get annoyed about it so women don't get called on it, leading to worse behaviour.

Two oldest both fully potty trained, no need for night time diapers and pissed beds for 3 weeks.

Two youngest to go and then we start saving buttloads on eur a month.

Almost 14 euro a pack here of diapers.
Jesus H Christ how are they so expensive? We get https://groceries.asda.com/product/...wborn-size-1-nappies-jumbo-pack/1000106846509 for £2.40 for a pack of 70. We're going to go to reusable once he's pooing slightly less frequently but at the moment he's getting through them at an incredible rate and we'd like to have the washing machine on for less than 24 hours a day. He's 4 weeks old tomorrow and at the stage of really firing it out some distance.

Jesus H Christ how are they so expensive? We get https://groceries.asda.com/product/...wborn-size-1-nappies-jumbo-pack/1000106846509 for £2.40 for a pack of 70. We're going to go to reusable once he's pooing slightly less frequently but at the moment he's getting through them at an incredible rate and we'd like to have the washing machine on for less than 24 hours a day. He's 4 weeks old tomorrow and at the stage of really firing it out some distance.
Yeah we get fucked big time with prices. I bought tablets for all the kids about a year ago and it was only 15 euro difference in price between Latvia and Ireland.

Diapers as of today

Proper brand name ones I see - they're about £5 a pack here which is why I get the supermarket own brand ones - is there nothing similar available over there?
Nothing local, we can only buy imported stuff, huggies and pampers mainly. Some Asian brands but nothing I would trust

That sucks. Hmm.. I wonder if there's a business to be had bringing Asda nappies to Latvia...
There are a few different guys who drive vans from Latvia to Ireland and then ferry to the UK and come back on a loop, they take stuff from here to there and back but its a book them kind of thing and not a regular business. Just families sending shit back and forth
Big fucking hormonal nightmare morning with the wife today. Apparently I want to leave her and always have because I went for a shit.
They are nuts a good 2 years after each kid plus the time during pregnancy. Stay strong, it gets better, they come out normal eventually or at least mine did. Just put up with it and remember she is your kids mother, its your job to tolerate her crazy now

Aside from the cuteness.. the wife has been wearing me down somewhat. Honestly, if hormones are as bad as women claim we should absolutely never let them be in charge of anything, ever. If that's not the case then it's performative. Personally I think there's at least an element of the latter - they're told they'll be hormonal and emotional and men are told they're not allowed to get annoyed about it so women don't get called on it, leading to worse behaviour.
I was selfish and didnt read the thread prior to posting

But yeah stay strong, there is a bunch of shit going on with women after a kid. Their chemicals are all fucked up and you are the obvious target. No shame in admitting my wife hit and slapped me after each kid, they cant control themselves really. Add on top really that the baby only wants them so you can only help so much before there is nothing to be done other than she steps up.

Their organs and muscles are all moving around after the kid, this also impacts them a lot. My wife went batshit crazy with yoga poses etc during that time

the only and best advice i can give you is just be calm and chill. Your kids formative years are from the start and any stress, yelling etc that happens around them impacts them. Be the rock now that you plan to be when they are older.

Also superstitious advice, dont drink, even one beer, and hold your kid for the fiest 3 years. The smell can be associated with affection and lead to alcoholism later in life.

stay strong brother, this is what your role in life is all about and you can do it

Our nearly 6 years old daughter has some absolute mad rage moments from time to time. All our kids needed to take a shower yesterday, but she didn't want to. Because she doesn't like the shower here in the house where we're staying during our vacation.

Said she doesn't want to shower with her sisters, that she'll do it after them. So we showered the twins, they went to sleep. Now the oldest one, but she still didn't want to. I was very calm and allowed her to watch one episode of her favorite kids show.

Long story short, she made a total crazy scene before, during and after the shower. Kicking, screaming, throwing stuff. Waking up her sisters, all over a quick shower that took under a minute.

I warned her multiple times and tried to reach her, but no chance. So I simply took her and threw her out. Placed her on the street in front of the house at night.

She was all like "I WILL DIE HERE YOU CANT LEAVE ME HERE!!! YOU DONT LOVE ME" and so on. I didn't leave her of course and was just standing outside with her. Broke my heart though, she was in shock and I hated to do that to her. Nothing else helps though. My wife told me to spank her but I won't do that.

Don't exactly know what causes it. Certainly having smaller, very active twin sisters causes a certain lack of attention. We make sure that we do activities just with and just for her, but kids are narcissists and it's never enough, so she wants to make the rules I guess.

• Funny
Reactions: Allnamestakenlol
@King of Foxes - Good to hear there's some guys doing good work, probably best I don't jump in and bugger it up for them then.

Also.. nuts for 2 years.. oh my fucking god I'm not sure I can handle that. I want the woman I married back, not the hormonal monster currently inhabiting her body. I get that pregnancy isn't exactly a picnic, but jesus christ she's hard to live with. I've generally maintained my chill but yesterday I failed for pretty much the first time. If I can't go for a shit without it being a sign I want to leave her then something is deeply wrong.

I don't drink very often, basically only a few drinks on holiday and sometimes one at Christmas, so that's a non-issue. I've just never been that arsed about getting drunk.

@farmerboy - I am not looking forward to the teenage years, though I'm glad I have a boy as I know how vicious teenage girls are having had to teach the fuckers.

@regawdless - that sounds pretty hellish, but it does sound like a good solid tactical choice there. Kids are generally fairly capricious (I can only speak from teaching) and their emotional regulation isn't in place yet, plus they don't yet have the ability to see others perspectives until about 5 or 6 I think and even there it's uneven, so that makes life a bit trickier. Still, it'll be cool once Isaac hits that age, kids are a lot of fun in those years (again only based on my teaching experience). Enjoy the silliness before the horror of the teenage years!