sdfwsbyjka.jpeg

dfgdsfgsdwj2jx0.jpeg
jhserfgsoknh.jpeg

safdheas5k9q.jpeg
e-4cv6zx0aolh9pqpd4t.jpg

logotitle2z1fgp.gif

reviewsgowrie4x.gif

Last edited:
Looking forward to the reviews this week. Nice OT.

The full review embargo for God of War: Ragnarok will lift on Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 9 am PST

Looking forward to the reviews this week. Nice OT.

The full review embargo for God of War: Ragnarok will lift on Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 9 am PST

Didn't even know the review embargo lifts that early, great to hear. Thanks for the info! Too many titles do launch day review embargos, which sucks.

Reactions: JORMBO
Have they mentioned what, if any, improvements there are for ps5?

From what I've read so far:

Differences:
Texture quality
Loading times
Performance

PS5 modes:
Favour Resolution: 4K resolution at a locked 30fps
Favour Performance: a locked 60fp
Favour Resolution (High Frame Rate): 4K resolution at a locked 40fps (TV with HDMI 2.1 support needed
Favour Performance (High Frame Rate): Targets 120fps (TV with HDMI 2.1 support needed)

PS4 seems to be capped at 30fps.

But I think there'll be more, like shadow resolution and AO, can't confirm though it's just a guess.

Regarding playtime, the game takes around twice as long to complete compared to the first game:

This seems to match up with earlier leaks that claimed that Ragnarok would be around 40 hours in length, with almost five hours worth of cutscenes. If you take into account that 2018's God of War took around 20 hours to complete with no side missions and 50 if you wanted to 100 percent it (according to How Long To Beat), then it would make sense that the sequel would take more than 70h to fully complete if it's already double the time for a normal playthrough.

First review leaked, Jeuxvideo from France gave the game a 5/5. Review has been removed quickly.

Review embargo will lift today!

• Strength
Reactions: and 3 others
I predict MC score of 94.

I think it could be lower because I see some reviewers saying "muh it's more of the same where's my evolution" so I'm going to guess an MC of 92!

3 hours and 10 minutes until the embargo lifts.

Clearly a PS4 game, loadings sections are even on PS5 and the performance mode on PS5 get really close to pretty much 120fps.

• 100%
Reactions: regawdless
GoW '18 was a good solid 8 for me and sounding like this is considerably better, which is good to hear. Though for a release of this magnitude, probably won't get true feedback until consumers have it.
This is the boat I was in. I've considered going back and finishing '18. It was just a little too heavy on the scripted fights for my taste. Watching a battle cinematic and then suddenly needing to "mash square" is not my idea of an epic fight. lol

Fuck I wish I had a PS5. How the fuck are they so difficult to find after all this time?

Game looks amazing. Need to play 2 again, maybe 3 for first time and then attempt 4 again?

Insane considering how even the first God of War was still a self contained story by itself, nevermind having four 90+ sequels.