Thread: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Performance Details

JORMBO

keep your enemies close and your franger closer
Platforms
  1. PC
  2. Xbox
  3. PlayStation
  4. Nintendo

Mass Effect Legendary Edition offers a number of options to prioritize visual fidelity and/or framerate, depending on platform.

Players on PC can play up to 240 fps and supporting refresh rates up to 240 Hz. Additionally, players can tweak several graphics options at any time to finetune the preferred balance of graphics and performance.

Console players can toggle between two gameplay modes at any time on all platforms:

• Favor Quality prioritizes achieving the highest visual fidelity possible in exchange for a lower target framerate.
  • Favor Framerate prioritizes the highest framerate possible by scaling native resolution and reducing some graphical features.
The target resolution and framerate, as well as the consistency with which those targets are achieved, are highly dependent on the console. Please refer to the table below for more details.

3YfmqeO.png

Might as well add this

Players on PC can play up to 240 fps and supporting refresh rates up to 240 Hz. Additionally, players can tweak several graphics options at any time to finetune the preferred balance of graphics and performance.

Well I'll be reporting my findings from the PC side of things upon release. Glad to not have to choose between quality or performance... but I certainly paid for the privilege!

Getting this for PC... I still think the ones that previously owned the whole trilogy and DLC deserve a discount. But obviously that's not going to happen.

• This tbh
Reactions: DoctaThompson
I paid £20 more for the Steam version than getting it on Origin. Hope I don't have to do that too many time, but it is nice to have all my games in one place.

I haven't been impressed by the quality of the remaster so far. Having played Demon Souls on PS5, and the FF7 remake I think Bioware took the easy road. Im not sure Im willing to pay full price for games I already own.

• Brain
Reactions: DoctaThompson
Kinda shocked they got to 4k/60. It is EA after all.

I will go through it when it eventually comes to EA play.

Well I have the original versions on my XB1 with the DLC so worst comes to worst and this ends up being a mess (and it very well could be since it’s “new” BioWare) at least I’ll have the OGs 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: and 3 others
Based on what I've seen of the visuals, overall I think its probably better to just replay the OG games on PC supersampled and/or at higher framerates, unless they're not good at scaling to modern output resolutions and refresh rates? I can't remember now it was too long ago and I haven't played 1 really, just 2 and 3.

I played 1 for an hour and wasn't that into it.

Well I have the original versions on my XB1 with the DLC so worst comes to worst and this ends up being a mess (and it very well could be since it’s “new” BioWare) at least I’ll have the OGs 😎
Yep. With this looking... iffy, it’s pretty cool to know I have access to the originals.

Well. If they don’t get delisted in favor of the new version, or something utterly stupid. May be worth buying sooner rather than later, to that effect.

I’m getting this for my Xbox one X, the performance is pretty good if that chart is to be believed, and that 120fps is going to be crazy for those on the series x(lucky bastards)

I’m shocked they can get ME1 to run above 15 frames per second 😂 that game was a slide show at times.

Reactions: Arkam
Looks good across the board. Assuming "Up to" translates to most of the time. Makes me wish I had more free time to play games. I loved ME1&2 so much and would love to experience those story arcs again. ME3.. not as much, but hey maybe it would jive this time. But I know I wont have the time for this for years if ever.

If they are good remasters, yall playing for the first time are in for a treat.

Reactions: SpartanN92
The big difference in value proposition is if you own the original games (and dlc) and have played them originally or not. I think that's why opinions on the price differ so wildly.

Ultimately good to have new editions with work added in. If the price is disagreeable you can always wait till lits inevitably cheaper. At least a superior/more modern version is out there. 😁

Reactions: Drayk