Thread: Marvel again proves it's trash
Welp I really thought Galuctus was going to end up being a chick or tranner. Meeting his mom I guess is ok. It would make a funny little story, you know hey its Lex Luthors Mom LOL how funny or theres DArksides MOM and she is bakeing cookies for him so funny.

Sign that Covid isn't the reason for comics decline, a decline in quality is

simply, Give people something they want to read
Yea, COVID has nothing to do with it. Lol Our world is in the hands of woke, tik-tok'ing hipsters and, sadly, they are legion. Everything they create just screams, "Aren't I original? Don't I produce such deep and insightful thoughts? I'm really funny, huh? Wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if we met Galactus's mom? Oh Em Gee." Ugh. Barf.

I think I'm dangerously close to becoming the "back in my day" old man. Actually, who am I kidding, I already am. :LOL:

Sorry. /rant

Yea, COVID has nothing to do with it. Lol Our world is in the hands of woke, tik-tok'ing hipsters and, sadly, they are legion. Everything they create just screams, "Aren't I original? Don't I produce such deep and insightful thoughts? I'm really funny, huh?" Ugh. Barf.

I think I'm dangerously close to becoming the "back in my day" old man. Actually, who am I kidding, I already am. :LOL:

Sorry. /rant
Unfortunatly thats the porblem now.

You see back in your day the people creating comics grew up on good comics made by the OG's. Then people like you who read all those good comics grew up and made good stuff. But eventually that chain got broken and the people who started making comics were these newbies who came in.

So ya eventually all that will be left will be the woke who grew up reading woke shitty comics and have been trained to be activists. So ya the comic industry is screwed, all entertainment really since he next gen of creators are growing up right now on woke identity SJW gender queer garbage and they will just produce more and more of that.

Unfortunatly thats the porblem now.

You see back in your day the people creating comics grew up on good comics made by the OG's. Then people like you who read all those good comics grew up and made good stuff. But eventually that chain got broken and the people who started making comics were these newbies who came in.

So ya eventually all that will be left will be the woke who grew up reading woke shitty comics and have been trained to be activists. So ya the comic industry is screwed, all entertainment really since he next gen of creators are growing up right now on woke identity SJW gender queer garbage and they will just produce more and more of that.
Chain got partially broken when they started giving work in comics to people who have little to no credentials in comics because they tick certain boxes. Thankfully there's still some success independent artist through crowd funding who listen to what fans actually want

Reactions: cryptoadam
And here I'd thought this thread would be about the new She Hulk:

WinterHulk-600x911.jpg

Marvel continuing to circle down the drain. Let it all just burn so that someone can reboot it into better shape.

And here I'd thought this thread would be about the new She Hulk:

WinterHulk-600x911.jpg

Marvel continuing to circle down the drain. Let it all just burn so that someone can reboot it into better shape.
What am I even looking at here?! Thanks for sharing this clown show. Is that supposed to be the actual She Hulk?

Does that actually say World war she hulk?!

What am I even looking at here?! Thanks for sharing this clown show. Is that supposed to be the actual She Hulk?

Does that actually say World war she hulk?!
Also are they making a Game of Thrones reference with 'Winter Hulk is Coming'?

Because that'd just be an embarrassingly out of date pop culture reference to a series no one gives a toss about anymore after the dog shit last series.

I mean are there other such promos with equal badly shoe horned in references to Twilight or Sex in The City?

Because that'd just be an embarrassingly out of date pop culture reference to a series no one gives a toss about anymore after the dog shit last series.

I mean are there other such promos with equal badly shoe horned in references to Twilight or Sex in The City?
Cringe as fuck, even the art looks cheap, and this is the Avengers official comic? Shits gone soooo far down since the Incursions

• 100%
Reactions: Stilton Disco
Galactus was mentioned to be from the previous universe before ours came into being.

They retconned that now it seems.

They all come from Joss Whedon school of writing. Where pop culture references are a substitute for actual witty dialogue and funny writing.

Maybe killing off their comics is intentional. Get rid of all the old dinosaurs who made them what they are so they can move on to the new woke demographic for the future.

Maybe killing off their comics is intentional. Get rid of all the old dinosaurs who made them what they are so they can move on to the new woke demographic for the future.
Non woke shit is thriving in crowdfunded comics and manga. All they're doing is ruining their own careers and pissing people off, while their audience goes elsewhere.

• This tbh
Reactions: Arkam and Yawnson
Except the new woke demographic doesn't buy shit. These idiot comic pros don't realize that chasing Twitter clout doesn't translate into sales.

Here's the thing, if they hire a POC to write a character of the same race, then the perception is that a POC can only write within that box.

It's that kind of attitude that pissed off Christopher Priest, the man many consider the definitive writer of Black Panther. Being black and a longtime Marvel employee, Priest was annoyed that he was being relegated to just writing black characters, when all he wanted was to write characters like Spider-Man or The Avengers. So you can imagine his reaction when Joe Quesada offered him Black Panther:

“I was a little horrified when the words ‘Black’ and ‘Panther’ came out of Joe’s mouth,” he would later write. “I mean, Black Panther? Who reads Black Panther? Black Panther?!” But they were adamant, and Priest acquiesced — with “one basic stipulation: Black Panther could not be ‘a black book.’ ” Even though he had become the best interpreter of race in the game, Priest saw something troubling happening to his career. “I stopped being a writer, or being thought of as a writer,” he tells me, “and started being thought of as a black writer.”

What these NPC Marvel retards don't realize is that they'll constrain themselves to that box and may never be allowed to leave it. Meanwhile, Priest used the success of his BP run to transition to a successful run on DC's Deathstroke The Terminator and even the Justice League. Last I heard he was even writing Vampirella.

Moral of the story? Talent should go beyond race and politics.

Its such a hard pic to find, I'm still looking, but she has her smug privilege grin on and hickman looks defeated

I got curious and looked for a pic of the person in question.

gabby-r-2.jpg

o_O Why am I not surprised that Marvel has hired a butch lesbian as one of it's writers?
Oh ya, there's a shit load of pictures of her, she's all about those skin deep differences.

Finding the pic of her pretending she's as talented as Hickman the tough one to find

Reactions: GreyHorace
I got curious and looked for a pic of the person in question.

gabby-r-2.jpg

o_O Why am I not surprised that Marvel has hired a butch lesbian as one of it's writers?

Who else could possibly write a gay hispanic character?!

Finding the pic of her pretending she's as talented as Hickman the tough one to find

You sure it wasn't Vita Ayala? The other diversity hire that can't write a compelling story/character if her life depended on it?

Wait, wasn't Galactus the last survivor of his reality. Said reality that was destroyed because of the creation of the 616? How can anyone visit his mommy?

The current state of Marvel really breaks my heart.

Reactions: Yawnson
Marvel could carry the whole clown-world thread by itself. I just discovered this morning that Red Sonja has been blackwashed as well, but she was a redhead, so I guess that was inevitable.

1136791.jpg

• 100%

This is an actual panel from an Xmen comic that an editor said okay to.

You just have to laugh at Marvel.
For 11 years their brand is attached to the most popular movies in the world.
The next Star Wars, the next Lord of the Rings, the next big thing.
All anyone talks about year after year is what comic book movies are coming out.

It's set up perfectly for them.
Real simple, you start making comics that tie in with the movie universe.
Could be prequels could be side stories could be epilogues could be things that link the world together.
You've got audiences streaming in and out of cinemas every week and merchandise flying off the shelves.
Everyone knows these films are based on comics so all they have to do is just prepare to receive more money from comic sales than ever before.

Haha. Instead for some insane reason the comic book industry decided to go all "comic book fans don't need to be your audience" right at the exact worst time to do that.

Huh? Your kid really loves the Thor movies and can't wait to read some Thor comics? I think you'll find that's Mz Thor you little brat! Look how she breaks a guys jaw for saying feminist like it's a four letter word! Yeah! Oh you wanted a proper Thor comic about the guy from the really, really, popular Avengers movie? Fuck off you little Red Pill MRA shit! Comics are for EVERYONE!

"Mommy, what's an unsolicited opinion about Israel?"

Shut up and just read Ironheart and She-Hulk and Gay X-Men you little racist homophobic transphobic cis white turd!

Just think. When the movies were moving into Phase Three these fucking clowns had a woman as Thor in the comics. LOL.

They should have had comic books flying off the shelves as fans tried to get a bit more insight and some clues as to what's coming up. Audiences that were willing to sit through credits for a 15 second clip of what's next before scouring the internet for answers. They couldn't market comics to fans of comic book movies? Or they wouldn't?

Instead they were too busy bickering with YouTubers and trying to torpedo projects by comic creators that they didn't like very much. A bunch of fucking morons.