Thread: Konami producer teases plans to outsource more IPs following GetsuFumaDen

Mista

Fox Hound

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. PlayStation
  3. Nintendo
konami-logo-00-e1370540325110.jpg

In a new interview with JPGames, Konami’s GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon producer Shin Murato was asked how the company decided to partner with GuruGuru on the project, and whether the Japanese firm is planning to outsource development of more of its old brands.

We are continually inspired by various indie titles, and how they innovate and produce exciting games. We felt that GetsuFumaDen would be an interesting IP to bring back to follow this indie approach, and so we decided to contact GuruGuru as we know the team well. They had been exploring new approaches for graphical design and thought they would be a great fit for this IP. It also helped that there were fans of the original GetsuFumaDen game within the GuruGuru team. In terms of other collaborations, please wait for future projects like this!

Hoping to see some of the heavy hitters show up at E3 in some form. I know everyone else wants MGS, SH and Castlevania but I'm hoping for some Contra.

Hoping to see some of the heavy hitters show up at E3 in some form. I know everyone else wants MGS, SH and Castlevania but I'm hoping for some Contra.
Konami pulled out of E3 unfortunately but they said it's because their projects aren't ready to be shown.

I take that as good news, rather have them hold off if they're working on something worthwhile.

• Brain
Reactions: Rock And Roll