Thread: Jeff Grub's Credibility on the Line: "Starfield is Exclusive"
I mean.... Of course it is? It's an MS owned game. Or do people expect the next Gears game to be on PS5?
They’ve been everywhere with the multiplatform messaging, though. Add to the fact what they did with Minecraft, and their main focus almost being GamePass, and I could see Starfield happening.

Of course, the smart thing to do would be to give Xbox a huge exclusive of its own with this game. Sony is really starting to stack them up over on PS5. It’s going to be interesting to see how this turns out.

Reactions: 3liteDragon
Not surprised with this, you dont spend 7 Billion to give it to another platform, depends first of all if Starfield is even good.

Only thing that bothers me is people playing down Bethesda because MS acquired them, they still own a ton of top franchises in the industry.

Wouldn't surprise me, but it's sure going to make getting that massive (over) investment in Bethesda back by keeping it off Playstation.

Depending how Starfield turns out, this could be a substantial feather in their cap. Though being Xbox exclusive and on GP, seems like a ton of money would be left on the table. But hey could consider it platform investment.

I hope this rumor means we get a real look at the game this summer.

They've shown a title card and a couple leaked pictures of wall textures.

Until they actually show it, I just can't pretend to give a fuck.

Even if this was true, they will walk this back.

Phil's achilles heel is his need to be loved and he doesn't have the stomach for backlash.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: Nobel 6
Even as someone who believes TES and Fallout still might have a shot on Playstation further down the line - yeah, Starfield will be exclusive. There's zero existing fanbase to sell to on other platforms.

Phil pretty much already said this.

He didn't say it so clearly, he parses his words.
Even as someone who believes TES and Fallout still might have a shot on Playstation further down the line - yeah, Starfield will be exclusive. There's zero existing fanbase to sell to on other platforms.

Starfield is hyped because of TES and Fallout, it doesn't matter that it's a new IP, imagine Rockstar made a new IP exclusive.

• 100%
Reactions: Cato
Starfield is hyped because of TES and Fallout, it doesn't matter that it's a new IP, imagine Rockstar made a new IP exclusive.

Amongst people in the know, sure, but there's a tier of people who play video games that are like, one step above the "I buy COD and FIFA once a year" tier who play only a handful of games, and Skyrim / Fallout are huge in that group. For those people I don't personally think the developer name alone will be enough to sell a grounded space game like this, whereas I still think there's hope for TES6 on Playstation because that market is so huge, yet not invested enough to drop £500 on a second console if they're attached to Playstation. There are plenty of people out there who have no idea about the MS acquisition and who just assume the next TES/FO will be on PS.

Not saying it's likely, but I think it's still a possibility.

Of course, the smart thing to do would be to give Xbox a huge exclusive of its own with this game. Sony is really starting to stack them up over on PS5. It’s going to be interesting to see how this turns out.
Yep. Agreed. Add to that the talent in the studios Sony has and you got a lot of work to make up the distance. I'm hoping it does go officially exclusive and MS bags a few more games that everyone wants.

Amongst people in the know, sure, but there's a tier of people who play video games that are like, one step above the "I buy COD and FIFA once a year" tier who play only a handful of games, and Skyrim / Fallout are huge in that group. For those people I don't personally think the developer name alone will be enough to sell a grounded space game like this, whereas I still think there's hope for TES6 on Playstation because that market is so huge, yet not invested enough to drop £500 on a second console if they're attached to Playstation. There are plenty of people out there who have no idea about the MS acquisition and who just assume the next TES/FO will be on PS.

Not saying it's likely, but I think it's still a possibility.

Nah, just look at the hype for Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 doesn't even touch the popularity of TES or Fallout.

Can't wait to see it finally, I need to know more about this, Halo and Hellblade 2. All at E3 I'd assume.

Nah, just look at the hype for Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 doesn't even touch the popularity of TES or Fallout.

Cyberpunk was announced before Witcher 3 even came out, people had been riding that hype train for 8 years. All we have of Starfield so far is leaked screenshots of a plain looking space station and it's supposedly due this year or next. TES/Skyrim isn't gonna sell this game to people.

Cyberpunk was announced before Witcher 3 even came out, people had been riding that hype train for 8 years. All we have of Starfield so far is leaked screenshots of a plain looking space station and it's supposedly due this year or next. TES/Skyrim isn't gonna sell this game to people.

I think you're out of the loop, multiple Youtube channels have been thriving for months simply on bringing you every small detail about Starfield that gets leaked. The hype is insane, I think people are very weirdly misinterpreting the mindshare Bethesda has created.

I think you're out of the loop, multiple Youtube channels have been thriving for months simply on bringing you every small detail about Starfield that gets leaked. The hype is insane, I think people are very weirdly misinterpreting the mindshare Bethesda has created.

Multiple Youtube channels thrive on literally every game that comes out, doesn't mean anything. Any basic YouTube trends search will show you that it's popular, sure, but not exactly far removed from other upcoming games this year. There's nothing insane about it.

jIC78oa.png

This being said, Starfield isn't even in its proper hype phase right now. They've shown nothing in an official capacity that I know of, it's all leaks. It'll pick up a lot when they actually start showing stuff.

I would be more shocked if it wasn't. Microsoft and messaging isnt always clear but I have been on the only on Xbox, which also means PC now :ROFLMAO: , since the buy out. Unless there is some contractual obligation theres no reason to put it on other platforms imo.

I would be more shocked if it wasn't. Microsoft and messaging isnt always clear but I have been on the only on Xbox, which also means PC now :ROFLMAO: , since the buy out. Unless there is some contractual obligation theres no reason to put it on other platforms imo.

Starfield's been in development for a while, I find it hard to believe they never developed for PS4/PS5 during that time and they mentioned honoring prior contracts, so there must have been no contract. Maybe even they were just developing for PC with plans to port in the final year or something? I dunno, I'm a bonehead when it comes to this stuff but I have to assume with no contractual obligation for this future Fallout/Elder Scrolls def don't already have one.

Starfield's been in development for a while, I find it hard to believe they never developed for PS4/PS5 during that time and they mentioned honoring prior contracts, so there must have been no contract. Maybe even they were just developing for PC with plans to port in the final year or something? I dunno, I'm a bonehead when it comes to this stuff but I have to assume with no contractual obligation for this future Fallout/Elder Scrolls def don't already have one.
Unless there was some type of exclusivity or funding from Sony theres no reason why it couldn't be excluded. No doubt there was probably work done on sony platforms but considering the events that transpired it wouldn't be crazy to simply drop those platforms.

Last edited:
  • This tbh
Bingo! That is most of 3rd party titles tbh.