Thread: I'm doing it, everyone
Hype Thread

Die Hard ...

• Total voters
I'll finally watch "Die Hard". I've never watched any of these movies. Also haven't seen Lethal Weapon, Bad Boys or Beverly Hills Cop.

Knowing how highly regarded this franchise is, I have high expectations. Well, see you on the other side!
Why? How old are you?

A great movie. 2 & 3 are very good as well.

Watch Beverly Hills Cop next. Don't watch the sequels to that one though.

Reactions: CloudNull
BHC 2 is very good too, I think I liked it better than the original to be honest.

It's been a long time since I've seen it but I just remember not liking it as much as the first one. It wasn't as fun. Maybe I'll watch it again some time.

OK, you can watch BHC2 as well, FAD.

Done.

Fun movie, although I don't feel too strongly about it.

What I liked is how McClane wasn't some overpowered superhero, but had to act carefully, sneaking around the terrorists, finding ways through the building and stuff. And yet, he was a fun character, too: Always taking a look at pinup girl posters, lol. And when he wrote "ho ho ho" on the first dead terrorist's body, lol.

However, the most upsetting part is how DUMB the LAPD and FBI are depicted. Like, come on, they're cartoon-level dumb. LAPD chief just ignores everything and keeps sending cops in, only to have them die. Then FBI guys come, take over, and also ignore the situation at hand, and being extra asshole-ish. "5-10 hostages might die, no more" - "thats not so bad haha". Also "this is like Saigon!", wtf.

Good movie, and I'm motivated to watch the 2nd movie in a while. What's the consensus of the movies' rankings? Best to worst?

I'll finally watch "Die Hard". I've never watched any of these movies. Also haven't seen Lethal Weapon, Bad Boys or Beverly Hills Cop.

Knowing how highly regarded this franchise is, I have high expectations. Well, see you on the other side!
ffa49c26-f6bc-4fd9-94f4-c5b3272fd3fa_text.gif

Done.

Fun movie, although I don't feel too strongly about it.

What I liked is how McClane wasn't some overpowered superhero, but had to act carefully, sneaking around the terrorists, finding ways through the building and stuff. And yet, he was a fun character, too: Always taking a look at pinup girl posters, lol. And when he wrote "ho ho ho" on the first dead terrorist's body, lol.

However, the most upsetting part is how DUMB the LAPD and FBI are depicted. Like, come on, they're cartoon-level dumb. LAPD chief just ignores everything and keeps sending cops in, only to have them die. Then FBI guys come, take over, and also ignore the situation at hand, and being extra asshole-ish. "5-10 hostages might die, no more" - "thats not so bad haha". Also "this is like Saigon!", wtf.

Good movie, and I'm motivated to watch the 2nd movie in a while. What's the consensus of the movies' rankings? Best to worst?
Is this your first time watching American hollywood depictions of police and military? They're always depicted as dumb, short-sighted, and disconnected from common values. Part of that is comedic and part of it is... grain of truth, sadly. I'm sure there has to be a German equivalent. Whatever you do, don't watch Hollywood's depiction of nazis and WW2 Germans......

It's been a long time since I've seen it but I just remember not liking it as much as the first one. It wasn't as fun. Maybe I'll watch it again some time.

OK, you can watch BHC2 as well, FAD.
2 is better because the characters are well established, the 'baddies' are a more interesting than the first movie. The humor I recall being better too. I did like how you can see the "safe space" police already forming even way back then.

I haven't watched them either. I did watch a playthrough of the NES game today so that's almost the same thing. Terrorists, foot power, air ducts, shooting, explosions...

I agree with Bullet Clubs ranking. 2 is basically 1 again, but just different enough to still be interesting. Still a good mix of action and sporadic comedy. 3 is really good with Samuel Jackson and Jeremy Irons taking part. 4 is okay, still a good movie but not quite as good as the rest. After that it’s just going though the motions.

Reactions: Bullet Club