Thread: Fifa World Cup - Its Called Soccer Not Football.
Official Thread
All three goals were bad defensive breakdowns, with the third being the most egregious. Extremely disappointing effort. If Pulisic had been able to finish in the 2nd minute it would have totally taken the Netherlands out of their strategy of sitting back to try to keep the pace slow and attacking on the counter. Would have been a totally different game right from the outset. But alas, the US sucks at soccer as is customary .

But you gotta give it to Netherlands, their strategy worked.

Slower team against fast younger team. Average age on the U.S team is 25. Shorter players far more nimble.

Van Gaal clearly told his players to hang back.

The first two goals were a repeat. Player on the outside of the box while the defense focuses on the 2 players running in. 4 -5 man coverage on those two players and the one on the outside runs in the last minute and puts it in.

That's a good set piece. I barely saw any set pieces from the U.S it mostly focused on a nimble mid and forward positions.

Reactions: prag16
FjEfyvaUAAEu0WQ

Sadly, this will be the end of the journey for Poland today. With their bad defense and strategy, the made it further than I expected. Still rooting for them.

Reactions: ManofTwo
Poland put forth a better effort than they dis against Argentina by far. But some key breakdowns on defense. Some rumblings that Lewandowski could retire from international play. Would be the end of an era in which Poland was at least slightly relevant.

Looks like it’s gonna be another boring year with the same boring teams reaching the quarter, semis and finals

Hope either Japan or South Korea do something extraordinary

• This tbh
Reactions: regawdless
Japanese players were too nice. Loads of shots where they could have gone for goal but chose to pass. I mean you need some EGO on that team. Go for the shot.

• This tbh
Reactions: John Matrix