Thread: Embraced the 2nd amendment today
I am a weird one. Found a FN Five-Seven and was about to pull the trigger at 899 then realized it has 20 dollar shipping plus the FFL and background fees and I got so turned off by it I decided against it.

If it makes you feel better I had like a 4 day window where I could actually buy ammo online in the hellhole that is California and I ended up being unable to pull the trigger (harhar) because of shipping. So now I’m going to have to pay more and drive at least 30 minutes to buy ammo because Los Angeles has muscled out most gun stores.

• Funny
Reactions: Adam Warlock
Trust your gut. For what it’s worth, I think the FN 57 is the ugliest variant out there. It just looks funky.
I got to hold the Rugsr, PSA, S&W, and FN MKIII all side by side. The FN looks and feels the best to me actually. Ruger looks slightly more Robocopy but I do not like the feel at all. PSA and S&W just feel way too thin in my way hand.
If it makes you feel better I had like a 4 day window where I could actually buy ammo online in the hellhole that is California and I ended up being unable to pull the trigger (harhar) because of shipping. So now I’m going to have to pay more and drive at least 30 minutes to buy ammo because Los Angeles has muscled out most gun stores.
I know that feel. I drive to a store that’s 1.5 hours away sometimes cause I prefer to pick something up in person than pay shipping.

I caved and bought the FN Five-Seven mk3 MRD. I got it for 940 after taxes, shipping, FFL transfer, background check, etc. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I am sorry I am a boujee bitch.

Reactions: Arkam
Learning for that stupid exam in two months. Over 450 questions to learn, over 80 will be asked during the exam. Including quiting whole paragraphs from law books.

It's insanity. It's a remote study leading up the the two day exam where you have to log in at least 25h of training the exam and answering questions online.

• Triggered
I am a weird one. Found a FN Five-Seven and was about to pull the trigger at 899 then realized it has 20 dollar shipping plus the FFL and background fees and I got so turned off by it I decided against it.

I have the Ruger 57, and it shoots great, shares mags with the carbine, and is priced much better than the FN. you should consider it.

Learning for that stupid exam in two months. Over 450 questions to learn, over 80 will be asked during the exam. Including quiting whole paragraphs from law books.

It's insanity. It's a remote study leading up the the two day exam where you have to log in at least 25h of training the exam and answering questions online.

Thats wild. And that only allows you to own a gun right?

Man I remember when I got my first Carry License in Florida 20 years ago. Was a 2 hour course AT a gun show. Was like an hour of info/lecture then you took a short test. Maybe 25 questions (MAYBE). Then if you passed the written test you had to go to the range and 'qualify'...which was something like loading the gun and getting 5 shots on target at 7yds with a pistol. No speed requirement. And BOOM I was legal to carry. Of course now its not even needed with Constitutional Carry in half the US. But an LTC is still good to have as it allows you to carry some places otherwise forbidden AND it means not waiting on background checks when transferring/buying a fire arm (which usually equated to cheaper transfer fees!).

Reactions: regawdless
Thats wild. And that only allows you to own a gun right?

Man I remember when I got my first Carry License in Florida 20 years ago. Was a 2 hour course AT a gun show. Was like an hour of info/lecture then you took a short test. Maybe 25 questions (MAYBE). Then if you passed the written test you had to go to the range and 'qualify'...which was something like loading the gun and getting 5 shots on target at 7yds with a pistol. No speed requirement. And BOOM I was legal to carry. Of course now its not even needed with Constitutional Carry in half the US. But an LTC is still good to have as it allows you to carry some places otherwise forbidden AND it means not waiting on background checks when transferring/buying a fire arm (which usually equated to cheaper transfer fees!).

That's only one part of it. You have to join a gun club and be active, meaning shooting there at least once a month. Then you of course need an extensive background check, a certified safe at home, and for each weapon purchase, you have to go through a whole process of documents and chores, then registering it in person at the local police station etc.

Oh and you can only purchase a gun after being in a gun club for one year, and to keep it you need to stay active or they revoke your ability to buy guns.