Thread: Dragon Quest Treasures announced

Mista

Fox Hound

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. PlayStation
  3. Nintendo

Square Enix announced RPG Dragon Quest Treasures, which stars Erik and Mia from Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, during the Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary Special live stream. A release date was not announced, but a simultaneous worldwide release is planned.

Here is a message from producer Taichi Inuzuka:

We’re working on a completely new spin-off of the Dragon Quest series called Dragon Quest Treasures.

You may have seen us show of the designs for Erik and Mia as children before, and through various twists and turns, they have become the lead characters of Treasures.

I can’t reveal too much about the game at the moment, but I can tell you some important key themes: “Erik and Mia’s childhood,” and “treasure hunting.”

It’s an RPG, but nothing at all like a traditional one, and that’s just about all I can say right now.

The release date and the platforms it will be playable on are as yet unannounced, but we’re working closely with [Dragon Quest game designer Yuji] Horii to make a worldwide simultaneous release happen.

We’ll bring you more information at a later date. That was the new spin-off of the Dragon Quest series, Dragon Quest Treasures.

It’s an RPG, but nothing at all like a traditional one, and that’s just about all I can say right now.

Makes me wonder if perhaps this is going to be a dungeon crawl/looter type RPG given the subtitle is Treasures.

Dragon Quest Treasures Launches on Switch on Dec. 9​

CetsV9x.jpg

During Nintendo’s online showcase today, Square Enix confirmed that its upcoming spin-off action-RPG, Dragon Quest Treasures, will be coming to Nintendo Switch on Dec. 9, 2022.

In the footage released today, the narrator described the game as so:

Two siblings dream of collecting grand treasures from around the world. Venture to the realm of Draconia to become legendary treasure hunters. In this Dragon Quest series spin off, you’ll recruit a variety of well-mannered monsters to join you on a marvellous adventure. With their help and with your trusty fortune finder, locating loot will be a breeze.
Monsters are perfect travel buddies for exploring this vast world. Bounce on a Slime to reach high ledges or dangle from a Draky to glide over gaping chasms. Support your monsters in battle as they fearlessly fend off foes. Bring back your hard-earned haul back to your base and see how much it’s worth. Collect more cities to expand your base and increase your treasure-hunting level.

The last title released in the beloved Dragon Quest series was 2017’s mainline entry, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, which launched on PS4, Nintendo 3DS, PC, Switch, and Xbox One. The Japanese company is currently still working on the official follow-up, Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate.

For more on Dragon Quest Treasures, here’s a trailer from earlier this year.

Source: Twinfinite

for some reason this strongly resembles the idea behind Monster Hunter Stories i.e. a spin-off RPG where you travel an open map with pet "monsties" that you can ride, fighting battles and dragging home loot to craft better gear. Not that I'm complaining. The DQ spin-offs have historically been solid.

Now gimme DQ Builders 3 (with local split screen) and Dual FF/Dragon Quest Theatrhythm Port to Switch please

I guess I'll have to dust off my Switch. I absolutely loved DQ11's characters so anything more with them is perfect. I always thought this was going to be another DQM type game but it looks a little bit of a hybrid of Torneko and that so...

Day 1.

for some reason this strongly resembles the idea behind Monster Hunter Stories i.e. a spin-off RPG where you travel an open map with pet "monsties" that you can ride, fighting battles and dragging home loot to craft better gear. Not that I'm complaining. The DQ spin-offs have historically been solid.

Now gimme DQ Builders 3 (with local split screen) and Dual FF/Dragon Quest Theatrhythm Port to Switch please
Both Dragon Quest Builders 3 and Monster Hunter Stories 3 would be nice.