• Hey  Guest hope you are keeping well. If you haven't already, it's time to get your nominations in for D-Pad Greatest Game of the 21st Century Face-Off. You can nominate up to 20 titles. All nominations must be in before the 21st of April. Full details in the thread.    

Thread: [DF] Returnal: Housemarque Pushes PlayStation 5 HARD - With Spectacular Results
I dig the art style but it doesnt scream Next Gen to me the way Ratchet and Clank does. That will get my money day 1.

Reactions: Arc
Glad to see I’m not the only one. It looks perfectly fine, even quite delightful for a studio that formerly made Resogun-like games, but I have difficulty buying it as a grand PS5 showcase.

Glad to see I’m not the only one. It looks perfectly fine, even quite delightful for a studio that formerly made Resogun-like games, but I have difficulty buying it as a grand PS5 showcase.
Same. Push back a little with particles flying around and I could see it as ps4 pro game.

Same. Push back a little with particles flying around and I could see it as ps4 pro game.
I feel like there’s some PS5-y vibe to it (or maybe I’m just easily impressed), but yeah, this feels more like the cross-gen straddlers to me. Some stuff looks really good; other stuff is about what you’d expect for a game today.

It looks like what I would expect from an early nextgen game. It looks nice, but doesn't really blow me away like Ratchet.

Reactions: Arc and 3liteDragon
The fact that this is their FIRST AAA game makes it even more impressive and it looks amazing imo, but I wouldn't call it a graphical showcase for the PlayStation 5. Wish I can get my hands on one right now.

Resogun was one of the coolest looking PS4 games around launch tbh, but same thing where I was like "I can't tell how much of this is impossible on a PS3, it just looks damn good"

Yep, same here.
Looks quite nice, but could be late PS4 gen as well, visually.

That said, would really love to play it.

Housemarque know their shit when it comes to gameplay.

Reactions: Arc and 3liteDragon
The only thing that stands outfrom returnal imo (from what I've seen/heard) is just superb sound design. 3d audio properly done like here really makes a difference.