di2_banner_1920x810.jpg

MEKC8MU_o.png

MEKC8NT_o.png

MEKC8NU_o.png

MEKC8NV_o.png

PS4: 1080p/30fps

PS4 Pro: 1440p/30fps

PS5: 1800p/60fps

- All versions have a single display mode.

- The PS5 version runs at 1800p average resolution at 60fps. The oldgen versions have to settle for 30fps.

- On PS5 we have general visual improvements in various settings such as textures, shadows, vegetation animation, ambient occlusion, draw distance or post-processing effects. However, the oldgen versions show a surprising visual quality.

- Dead Island 2 does not use Ray-Tracing of any kind. However, due to the absence of real-time day/night cycles, it has been possible to achieve high-level baked global illumination (especially indoors). - Reflections, on the other hand, are not convincing in any version. Some use low-resolution cubemaps that tarnish the visual finish.

- Loading times on PS5 are 10 times faster.

- Some slight framerate drops on PS4/PS4 Pro. Especially in the larger areas.

- Dead Island 2 is one of the best optimized games I've seen on UE4. A solid and satisfying experience on any of the 3 platforms.

I'm still excited for it even with this lukewarm reception, what I want from it is the gore system and a good progression of skills/weapons, I don't give a fuck if theres hardly any variety, Dead Island 1 was the same. I'm sure there is a varied cast of stupid cheesy characters to keep it fun.

The news about performance is pushing me to play on PC actually, I would like to see how much better I can get the image quality on PC with a 60fps lock (see if I can do 1800p on my GTX 1080 but I doubt it, 1440p-1620p seems more likely) or even with a 30fps lock + the UE TSAA, if the formers IQ is not massively better than what I get on PS5 and the latter feels/looks bad to play without a large increae in IQ I'll just stick with PS5 for simplicity.

Its saying DX12 for both so that makes me think input lag with v-sync will be noticeably worse than on console at 60fps so probably not even worth my time. Even with same or even a bit lower resolution and framerate lock as console maybe I can get better overall IQ on PC though with tweaks, if the game even allows ini tweaking... we'll see.

Although actually I have paid a few pounds for that Universal Unreal Engine Unlocker so even if they block ini editing I can usually use that to inject my preferred variables.

I like this kind of games. Will check it out at some point.

I'm still excited for it even with this lukewarm reception, what I want from it is the gore system and a good progression of skills/weapons, I don't give a fuck if theres hardly any variety, Dead Island 1 was the same. I'm sure there is a varied cast of stupid cheesy characters to keep it fun.

The news about performance is pushing me to play on PC actually, I would like to see how much better I can get the image quality on PC with a 60fps lock (see if I can do 1800p on my GTX 1080 but I doubt it, 1440p-1620p seems more likely) or even with a 30fps lock + the UE TSAA, if the formers IQ is not massively better than what I get on PS5 and the latter feels/looks bad to play without a large increae in IQ I'll just stick with PS5 for simplicity.

Its saying DX12 for both so that makes me think input lag with v-sync will be noticeably worse than on console at 60fps so probably not even worth my time. Even with same or even a bit lower resolution and framerate lock as console maybe I can get better overall IQ on PC though with tweaks, if the game even allows ini tweaking... we'll see.

Although actually I have paid a few pounds for that Universal Unreal Engine Unlocker so even if they block ini editing I can usually use that to inject my preferred variables.

Just get a 144hz gsync monitor. I hate screen tearing and input lag. Good monitor clean it up completely.

so about polygon review. does this jodarn has a husband?

also don't even know what 'crescendo' means. too fancy words would even have the same problem if it was in portuguese

Reactions: regawdless
I like this kind of games. Will check it out at some point.

Just get a 144hz gsync monitor. I hate screen tearing and input lag. Good monitor clean it up completely.

I would but I have no room for a desk/monitor, that and I play on 65" ultra high end TV so image quality of any monitor except those 2 grand miniLED LCDs or the QD-OLEDs is severely lacking in comparison, even the latter would've have the HDR impact of my display. I would never play with screen tearing ever though yeah, I'd sooner put up with shitty lag if there was no other option.

Oh heres a point, I wonder if the PC version gets HDR like the console versions 🤔 that would sway me towards PS5 tbh.

so about polygon review. does this jodarn has a husband?

also don't even know what 'crescendo' means. too fancy words would even have the same problem if it was in portuguese

Crescendo means the loudest part of a sound or the highest point of intensity in something, so in this case the most exciting part of the story.

Reactions: Barnabot
I have my eye on this. For fans of this IP and Dying Light 2, I am curious which edges over the other when you get some playtime on this game.

I have my eye on this. For fans of this IP and Dying Light 2, I am curious which edges over the other when you get some playtime on this game.

I'll pick it up and check in. I LOVED Dying Light, but for whatever reason, didn't really like the second one. I'll have to give it another shot but I wasn't really feeling all the faction crap. I thought each faction sucked and didn't want to help any of them.

• Brain
Reactions: WesternBlood
I'll pick it up and check in. I LOVED Dying Light, but for whatever reason, didn't really like the second one. I'll have to give it another shot but I wasn't really feeling all the faction crap. I thought each faction sucked and didn't want to help any of them.

Yeah I was a big Dead Island fan (and Riptide). Dying Light was incredible at the time, loved it. Dying Light 2? No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get into it, even after dozens of hours. The story, the characters...I just didn't give a shit about any of it. I eventually dropped it.

This looks pretty awesome though.

I haven't played any of these games. I was under the impression that Dying Light 2 was better due to updates to the game mechanics and traversal, I didn't realize it was a step down as a result of the factions.

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't played any of these games. I was under the impression that Dying Light 2 was better due to updates to the game mechanics and traversal, I didn't realize it was a step down as a result of the factions.

Thanks for the feedback.

In many ways it was a step forward but for me it was the immense scope of the game. It's just too much man. You're just bogged down with so much shit. This is my opinion but I felt moving to the massive city with skyscrapers snd being basically forced to use a hang glider massively hurt the overall feel of the game. Parkour and that smooth traversal was what Dying Light was all about.

Got it free with my AMD card, I'll play it, not sure how long.

I enjoyed Dying Light 1 a bit a few months ago, too much grind for not enough reward though. Never tried Dying Light 2 though.

Im down for this game. Loved the first one.

But I am gonna wait. It will be discounted within a few weeks. Might even wind up on PS+.

Also not a fan of these damn card systems. I prefer skill tree over complicated cards.

Maybe i will crack and pick it up but i think this game will bomb and drop in price very quickly

acg liked it.

seemed to me like the old dead island which was fun to play i'll admit. will play in the future

Acg is pretty reliable, did a good job of selling the games merits. I’m considering going back into state of decay 2 but maybe this’ll be a lighter dish, an appetiser before the main course.

Some absolutely gorgeous interior shots from this game in my Twitter feed. I'm such a graphics whore, a part of me is screaming at me to buy it.

Tell me how it would distress you if I ran it on my Steam Deck with no ray tracing.

The game doesn't even have ray tracing. I know that you have no standards regarding visual quality, so go ahead. Steam Deck rocks btw.

But man, that game needs some RT. Would be day one for me if it had it.

• Funny
Reactions: HariSeldon
The game doesn't even have ray tracing. I know that you have no standards regarding visual quality, so go ahead. Steam Deck rocks btw.

But man, that game needs some RT. Would be day one for me if it had it.

I have standards but they pertain to design rather than tech.

I'm not a fan of zombie games, but the gore looks fantastic. :O Will pick this up down the line after my move is over

About 4 hours in on PS 5. If you like this type of game, you know who you are. Looks fantastic, runs well, melee weapons pack a punch. Very bloody and seeing pieces of the zombies come off after hitting them is nice.

I picked the Lenny Kravitz looking character. Has a bunch of, what must be, specific dialogue.
I like the game better than Dying Light 2 so far. It's simpler and gets straight to the point, killing zombies. It is a really good looking game.

So yeah, if you like this type of shit, you WILL like this game.

From the DF video:

Unfortunately, another game that doesn't have DLSS. Only FSR and TAA, with FSR introducing a lot of noise on fine structures like the vegetation. Both options are worse than DLSS. FSR causes fps issues where the framerate would drop to the mid 40s independent of the settings and stay there.

- In game fps cap is shit and introduces frame pacing issues.
- Shadow quality and "Effects" are the two settings with the biggest impact by far. Setting them to Medium is recommended.
- Shader compilation is not an issue.
- Reflections are bad.
- Indirect lighting looks really good.
- Runs pretty well.
- Visually, not doing anything new or impressive. But it's good looking.

I forgot to post that I picked it up. Been so busy but I have got to put a shit ton of time into it.

I am REALLY enjoying it. Graphics are good. Gameplay is just fun. So much fun just killing zombies. Even the guns feel good.

Personally I’d rank it higher than Dying Light 2 and the original Dead Island games. Doesn’t come close to Dying Light but is still worth picking up.

Dead Island 2 has sold through over two million units, Embracer Group announced in its latest interim financial report.

The sequel launched for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via Epic Games Store on April 21, and sold one million copies in its first three days of release.

According to the interim report, Dead Island 2 has become Deep Silver and parent company PLAION's biggest launch in history in both units and revenue.

"I am happy to state that the game has now reached a sell-out of well over two million units," Embracer Group co-founder and CEO Lars Wingefors said in the report. "It is rewarding to see that the decision to give [Dambuster Studios] time to polish the game has paid off."

• Hell Yeah!