After the Summer Game Fest, there was the Day of the Devs Stream

Quite a lot of reveals of smaller indie titles

In-depth coverage here: -

For me personally, the ones that stood out were: -

TOEM: A Photo Adventure

Vokabulantis

Road 96

Unbeatable

Toem looks nice, makes me think of "I Am Dead" in terms of how relaxing it looks, I need to slow down more, this helps.

Vokabulantis looks like amazing work too, I wonder how long that will be. I wouldnt' mind if its just a couple of hours.

• Brain
Reactions: Kadayi
Toem looks nice, makes me think of "I Am Dead" in terms of how relaxing it looks, I need to slow down more, this helps.

Vokabulantis looks like amazing work too, I wonder how long that will be. I wouldnt' mind if its just a couple of hours.

Yeah, Toem looks like an easy Sunday Afternoon game. Vokabulantis...I've just gotta give props to the Devs for going the hand animation route. I had a friend who did that sort of thing when he was at Art College and it's just insane in terms of the time investment involved. I hope it pays off for them.

Reactions: Kuranghi
I highly recommend this if you like the art style of Toem:

Its about 2-3 hours long if you take your time looking at everything, totally worth 11 quid. All the sounds are made by the mouths of the devs lol, its a super silly and fun Sunday afternoon game.

• 100%
Reactions: Kadayi
I highly recommend this if you like the art style of Toem:

Its about 2-3 hours long if you take your time looking at everything, totally worth 11 quid. All the sounds are made by the mouths of the devs lol, its a super silly and fun Sunday afternoon game.

Yeah, I bought that ages ago. Still need to finish it tbh, but it's a lot of fun, not the least because of all the oft-times hilarious sound effects for sure. Worth a punt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuranghi
That stop-motion stuff in Vokabulantis (horrible name) looks pretty amazing.

Agreed about the name. But yeah I cannot fathom the insane level of commitment required to decide that stop motion was the way to go, but I applaud the effort. I did spot another title (whose name presently escapes me) actually doing something similar. Crazy, but admirable.