Thread: Control Free on the Epic game store until June 17
I guess it depends on how you feel about ownership but it's only 15 bucks for the DRM free Ultimate Edition on GOG right now during the summer sale.

I'd rather fork out 15 bucks for a game I can keep but free isn't bad for a platform where you don't own what you buy, either.

• Brain
Reactions: Zefah and Kadayi
I guess it depends on how you feel about ownership but it's only 15 bucks for the DRM free Ultimate Edition on GOG right now during the summer sale.

I'd rather fork out 15 bucks for a game I can keep but free isn't bad for a platform where you don't own what you buy, either.
It’s one of those games that doesn’t really have much replay value so free is OK in my book even with DRM

I nabbed it because I thought why not, but tbh I'm inclined to pick up the full version on Steam eventually during a sale as I kind of feel the devs deserve some money at least. Quite surprised it went that soon to free tbh.

Reactions: Zefah
It's been very easy to get a hold of this game now, on PC it's free, it's on Game Pass and it was a PS+ game, I say play it, because it was loads of fun.

It's the better version if your PC can handle it or you have next-gen, people were just mad about no free upgrade path.

Yeah but I think it's also worth pointing out that unlike say Persona 5 Royal there was no added new content. The publisher said it was impossible to upgrade people who had the Base game and expansion at launch (and paid more for the privilege) due to "technical limitations" and the first thing they did was upgrade everyone and due to an error and took it back.

They annoyed nearly everyone, and then ultimately ended up giving it away on services less than a year later.

I could totally understand if it added more than a frame rate boost and ray tracing (that already existed on the PC version?).