Thread: Celebrity Death Thread

Damn RIP. Didn't realise he was quite that old. Actually met him briefly when I was staying an in a Hotel and there was a fire alarm at some absurd hour in the morning, everyone had to exit the building and turned out he was a guest there as well. He was pretty charming and making light of it all as everyone was stood around in the nightgowns worrying that the place was about to erupt into an inferno (thankfully not).

I didn't even know he was still alive.

RIP Jerry Lee Lewis

Is he definitely dead this time? Apparently it was reported it yesterday and his people family denied it?

Also yeah, thought he died ages ago.

• Brain
Reactions: Hardensoul
Is he definitely dead this time? Apparently it was reported it yesterday and his people family denied it?

Jerry Lee Lewis, a Rock ’n’ Roll Original, Dies at 87

His death was announced by his publicist, Zach Farnum. No cause was given, but Mr. Lewis had been in poor health for some time.

Same. I thought he died in the late 90s or early 2000s.

kuM0SeC.png

👀

Becoming a child star is like having a death curse being done upon you.
The whole family was cursed by the old man before celebrity got involved, by the look of it. Scotty W on GAF has a strange but incredibly detailed thread dedicated to his family: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-went-wrong-with-aaron-carter-an-investigation.1527444/

The short version is that his sister killed himself after their dad raped/abused her, and Aaron was also allegedly raped. TV clips show the dad turn up, you see the dynamic between them all and it isn't one of a happy family. Recent updates to the thread had some stuff about Aaron breaking up with his other half because she tried to reach out to Aaron's family (that he cut off), and him huffing cans of stuff off camera then pretending it was a prank because he was 5 years sober... then checking into rehab shortly after.

At least he doesn't have to suffer anymore, kid was absolutely broken.

Edit: skimming back through that first post alone I forgot so much.

Damn Comic Book Artist Kevin O'Neill died

Did a lot of iconic work for 2000AD amongst others including the excellent Marshal Law series, which undoubtedly was a massive influence on The Boys.

rco019_1469235893-768x1156.jpg

Reactions: Bullet Club

Watermelons everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief

He has/had a brother that impersonated him and went by Gallagher Too. The brother was given permission to copy him just as long as he made it clear he wasn't the original and didn't use the sledgehammer. He did neither and the original Gallagher had to sue his brother to get him to stop.

• Funny
Reactions: teezzy
He has/had a brother that impersonated him and went by Gallagher Too. The brother was given permission to copy him just as long as he made it clear he wasn't the original and didn't use the sledgehammer. He did neither and the original Gallagher had to sue his brother to get him to stop.
I got to see Gallagher (or Gallagher Too) at my first E3. He was just walking the show floor. It was surreal. Saw Vin Diesel and Hugh Hefner that year as well.

Iconic Batman voice aside, the one thing that amazed me about Kevin Conroy was that all this time I never knew he was gay. The man kept that part of himself private and didn't publicize it so he could just focus on his work. I give him mad props for that.

• Strength
Reactions: Kadayi