Thread: Blasphemous physical Deluxe Edition launches June 29

Mista

Fox Hound

Platforms
  1. PC
  2. PlayStation
  3. Nintendo
Blasphemous_2021_04-07-21_012.jpg

Sold Out will distribute a physical Deluxe Edition of action platformer Blasphemous for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on June 29, the company announced.

Published by Team17 and developed by The Game Kitchen, the Deluxe Edition includes the following content:

• A physical copy of the game
  • 32-track digital soundtrack
  • 195-page digital art book
  • Digital comic
  • “Alloy of Sin” and “Golden Burden” in-game character skins
  • Sticker sheet
  • 180 x 290mm poster of Cvstodia

Sold Out senior product manager Katie Clark in a press release:

We’re thrilled to team up with Team17 once again to deliver this deluxe Blasphemous physical edition. Whether you’re already a fan of the game or want to jump into the nightmare world of Cvstodia for the first time, Blasphemous Deluxe Edition offers an exciting physical package for players to add to their collection.

I really do need to finish my playthrough of the digital version on Steam, great game overall but I feel the combat could be a little bit more refined or complex but at the same time it is kind of trying to be a Megadrive-esque 16 bit title in a lot of ways.

Reactions: Helios
I really do need to finish my playthrough of the digital version on Steam, great game overall but I feel the combat could be a little bit more refined or complex but at the same time it is kind of trying to be a Megadrive-esque 16 bit title in a lot of ways.
The platforming is also kind of stiff. The presentation however is amazing.

Reactions: IrishWhiskey
I loved Blasphemous, but only after I realized I was taking the wrong path where it splits and gives you three options (I initially took the most difficult one and struggled immensely). The gameplay was ok, but the austhetics are very unique and very well done. Religious oppression is not often depicted in games.

On the other hand, I also loved Hollow Knight, but with one caveat. I believe it needs better fast travel system, or at least in more places. The game really gets very difficult from a point on and you can get lost and wonder off to the more difficult areas unprepared and be kinda stuck there. I also disliked the constant respawning of enemies, which makes traversal of already traveled areas a chore. I never finished it unfortunately, even though I really like it, due to the above two issues. I did finish Blasphemous.

Reactions: Helios and Mista